It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Backlogs 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Have you guys ever had too many videogames you wanted to play? I'm too much of a completionist to abandon most titles I like halfway through, and I don't have that much free time (rigorous engineering curriculum). As such, I've been buying new games faster than I can play them, having a backlog of titles for over a year now. Anyone else have this problem?

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Nope. I usually don't end up finishing games, and only complete them after decades. Currently, I'm on my 8th-or-so incomplete run through of Ocarina of Time.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I had this problem when I was young - way too many Gamecube games. Stil haven't finished Mario Tennis because it's a pain to play.

But well, I got disinterested in video games somewhat. The only games I play most of the time are Leafgreen (passed it to my friend) and Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team (passed too). But I have to finish zelda master quest.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:59 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Me right now. Games I want to start/finish/play/replay:

NES: Castlevania, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Ice Climber, Kid Icarus, Kirby's Adventure, Legend of Zelda, Mappy-Land, M.C. Kids, Mega Man 1-6, Mendel Palace (Quinty), Metal Gear, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, Nobunaga's Ambition, Pac-Mania, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Super Mario Bros. 2 (US and JP), Super Mario Bros. 3, Tiny Toon Adventures 2 - Trouble in Wackyland, Wrecking Crew

GAME BOY: Mario Golf (especially to Transfer Pak with the N64 game), Metroid II - Return of Samus, Super Mario Land 1-3

GENESIS: Golden Axe III

SNES: Breath of Fire, Chrono Trigger, Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Earthbound, Kirby's Dream Course, Kirby Super Star, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Star Fox 1-2, Super Punch-Out!!

N64: Donkey Kong 64, Kirby 64, Pokemon Snap, Wave Race 64

GBA: Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Mario Golf: Advance Tour, Mario Kart Super Circuit, Mario Tennis: Power Tour, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission

GAMECUBE: Mario Power Tennis, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Star Fox Adventures, Star Fox Assault, Super Monkey Ball 1-2, Wave Race: Blue Storm

NINTENDO DS: Mario Kart DS, Metroid Prime: Hunters, New Super Mario Bros., Phoenix Wright: Justice for All, Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations, Pokemon Conquest, Star Fox Command, Super Princess Peach

WII: Animal Crossing: City Folk, Mario Kart Wii, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid: Other M, Punch-Out!!, Xenoblade Chronicles

3DS: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario Kart 7

PLAYSTATION 2/3: Dynasty Warriors 8/Extreme Legends, Final Fantasy XII, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, Samurai Shodown Anthology, X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends 2

XBOX 360: Doom 3 BFG Edition, Final Fantasy XIII, Grand Theft Auto IV, Halo 4, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Street Fighter X Tekken

STEAM/PC: Minecraft, Shatter, Skullgirls, Starcraft, Vanguard Princess, Warcraft 3

Nearly all of these games I've not beaten to my liking - I've beaten SMB1-3, for example, but only if I used Warp Zone or in remakes that had save files. Many, like Chrono Trigger, Legend of Zelda or the later Metroid Prime games, I've not played at all. A few, like Wave Race 64, Luigi's Mansion or X-Men Legends, I just want to replay.

Here's what I've finished this year though!!!
Pokemon X
Halo: Combat Evolved for the billionth time
Halo 2 for the... maybe fourth time?
Breath of Fire II
Clue (Genesis)
Super Metroid
Metroid
Super Mario Bros. 1

EPIC.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Woo old games! \o/

I started Legend of Zelda with my friend a few weeks ago, gonna finish it this weekend. Then we'll do Zelda II.
For me alone, I started Flatout2. Maybe I'll try doing e-Racer, this racing game is 100% impossible. o_O
I also plan to maybe finish Monster House on Gamecube, prolly the only good movie game lol.
Then... Metroid Prime maybe?

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:59 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

The Legend of Zelda.

That is the only game I started that I didn't finish and also care about finishing. Come to think of it, I think it's the only game I haven't really finished. Well, except Mega Man Star Force 1, but I really don't care about that very much.

Though I care about Star Force more than Zelda 1, so... I guess, in the end, I have a very small number left unfinished and I really don't care at all about them.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:48 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Unfortunately even though I'm playing a ton of games, my backlog continues to grow and grow forever. In the last year, besides the games I listed in my last post, I started and finished Skullgirls, Mario Golf GB and 64, Fire Emblem 1, The Legend of Zelda 1, Kid Icarus, Kirby's Adventure and now I'm working on Mother 1/Earthbound Zero, and tried a bunch of others for a little while. Current backlog though:

NES:
Castlevania 1-3 - started playing this in 2009, and got pretty far in 1, but I never beat it. I know Krisp and DatVu want me to play this soon.
Donkey Kong 1, Jr., Jr. Math, 3 - beat the arcade version of DK... plus, don't really know how much attention to give these because they're arcade-style games with no real end point.
Dr. Mario - I've beaten it, but I'm trying to revisit all of the Smash franchises.
Duck Hunt - I need the Wii U Virtual Console version in my life yesterday.
Excitebike - forgot this existed until I revisted my Animal Crossing file last year. Like it and want to play it more.
Fire Emblem Gaiden (2) - FE1 was cool but I'm really waiting to see FE on a more advanced system.
Ice Climber - played this back in 2003-ish; the controls and physics suck, and if there is an ending to it, I doubt I'll get there.
Mach Rider - looks kind of interesting and I'm curious about Mach Rider being prototype Samus
Mappy-Land - I rented this game all the time as a kid but obviously never beat it. If there is a definitive ending.
Mario Bros. - pretty sure this has no conclusion and I'm not a huge fan of it in general, so I'll probably play it a couple of times after DK3 and move on.
M.C. Kids - rented and liked a lot as a kid. I tried playing it for five minutes as an adult and rolled my eyes at how much of a SMB ripoff it was.
Mega Man 1 2-6 - um, don't know how far I'll get with these. One of the few Smash franchises I've left untouched thusfar. (Beat MM1)
Mendel Palace/Quinty - AKA one of GameFreak's games that isn't Pokemon. Played it for a few minutes last year and liked it.
Metal Gear 1 - see Mega Man. I played the first MM and MG games for about ten minutes a decade ago.
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! - one of the few NES games I owned in both real-life and Animal Crossing. Never beat it.
Mother - at the suggestion of FireStarter (I'm currently playing this).
Nobunaga's Ambition - played this one a lot on virtualnes to prep for Pokemon Conquest two years ago. Never beat it.
Pac-Mania - another nostalgic childhood game. Never beat it/probably doesn't have a conclusion.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms - the turn-based strategy version of Dynasty Warriors. Will probably play one game of it and lose interest because no girls.
Super Mario Bros. 2 USA - beat the GBA remake but that has save files so screw that. Got to world 6ish with Peach a few years back.
Super Mario Bros. 2 JP - will probably ragequit it and/or play with save states or the All-Stars version.
Super Mario Bros. 3 - nope, I'm pretty sure I've never beaten this. If I have, I used save states or Game Genie so it's on the list.
Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland - another game I played a lot as a kid that I wonder if I'd have the patience for as an adult.
Wrecking Crew - yet another step in the evolution of Mario to document.
Zelda II: Link's Adventure - don't know if I'll like this. These days most people tend to crap on it, but I want to see for myself...

GAME BOY:
Donkey Kong - the Arcade and NES versions of this are super lame but 96 extra levels in this version piques my interest.
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters - if it's anything like the NES game, I'll hate it.
Kirby's Dream Land 1-2 - should have played Dream Land before Adventure anyway, but...
Metroid II: Return of Samus - need to fill this gap since I've beaten NES and Super.
Super Mario Land 1-3 - only played, but never beat, the first one, but I need to revisit the birth of HI I'M DAISY!!!

GENESIS:
Golden Axe III - only to add another girl to my list of game girls. Golden Axe kind of sucks.
Sonic 1, 2, 3&K - I've beaten them... BUT I used save states in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection to do it. Weak.
The rest of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection besides Streets of Rage 1-3 in general. (Specifically: Altered Beast, Columns, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Ecco the Dolphin 1-2, Golden Axe 1-3, Phantasy Star I-IV, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Spinball)

SNES:
Breath of Fire 1 - started this last year after finishing BOF2 and stopped. Kind of clunky. Might want to finish though.
Chrono Trigger - is probably the most popular SNES game that I've never even started.
Donkey Kong Country 1-3: wasn't never too big on these as a kid BUT I'm eager to replay them. Dixie Kongage <3
Earthbound - started playing this in 2009 and quit. Didn't get it. Since I'm playing Mother 1 right now and liking it, it gets another chance.
F-Zero - played this a little bit this year and then quickly moved onto F-Zero X which is much, much better.
Fire Emblem 3-6 - really interested to see FE on the SNES since every other NES franchise got God Tier there.
Kirby's Dream Course - fun spinoff game <3 Never beat it though.
Kirby Super Star - never got 100% in this one, either.
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past - I expect to like this one after enjoying the NES version.
Star Fox 1 and 2 - never really got into Star Fox until 64, but SF2 has some girl pilots I need to try using.
Super Mario Kart - beat it last year but used save states. Again, weak.
Super Punch-Out!! - never played this one, either, and only read about how much the opponents suck compared to the NES ones.
Tetris Attack - because some day I hope to be nominal at all of the Panel de Pon reskins.

N64:
Donkey Kong 64 - only got to play this when I was in the hospital for a week back in 2003. Want to play it again/finish it.
F-Zero X - SUPER fun but also really hard. I'm kind of playing this one right now though.
Fighters Destiny 1-2 - played the original as a kid and revisited both while trying out fighting games last year
Kirby 64 - because I "borrowed" my boyfriend's copy of it.
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - tried playing this when I was 20 and hated it, but was still in anti-Zelda fanboy mode. Good luck to me finding this game easily (as a general rule, I say screw remakes).
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - this eventually, too.
Mario Party 1-3 - I want to revisit the entire series.
Pokemon Snap - never got that damn 8000-point Pikachu photo. ;_;
Yoshi's Story - to see if it's as mediocre as I remember it being.

GBA:
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - hated this as a teen but since the battle system is like FE, and my boyfriend has it, I want to try it again.
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga - started this as a teen and never finished it (emulating it on a keyboard kind of sucked but I liked the game).
Mario Golf: Advance Tour - so I can link up with Toadstool Tour lol :3
Mario Kart Super Circuit - worst Mario Kart game ever but I want to be familiar with the tracks and TRY to finish it. I started playing it last year and still didn't like it. That ranking system is awful.
Mario Tennis: Power Tour - all I had left to do was max my mini-game stats, and I wasn't feeling it. Probably won't do it. The lack of connectivity to Power Tennis is lame too.
Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission - because EP keeps nagging me to play Zero Mission.

GAMECUBE:
F-Zero GX - everyone raves about this game and since I'm a fan of X now...
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - thankfully my boo actually owns this or else I wouldn't spend $80 to buy it.
Luigi's Mansion - beat it once, 13 years ago, and need to revisit it.
Mario Party 4-7 - want to revisit the entire series.
Mario Power Tennis - only rented once as a teen and never finished it.
Metroid Prime - own it but was too scared to play it much as a teen (lol).
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - never owned it and still don't, but once I play Prime 1...
Star Fox Adventures - got about halfway through this as a teen and never finished.
Star Fox Assault - hopefully it won't be as horrible as I remember it being. (I did finish it though.)
Super Monkey Ball 1-2 - only rented the first one a couple of times...
Wave Race: Blue Storm - never finished Expert mode because it was too hard. :?

NINTENDO DS:
Mario Kart DS - need to get familiar with the tracks, finish Mission Mode, etc. Didn't really hold me that much a decade ago.
Metroid Prime: Hunters
New Super Mario Bros. - own it but never finished it. I never liked it as much as everyone else seemed to like it.
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All - got about halfway through this one and never picked it up again.
Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations - don't own it but I plan on finishing the original trilogy some day.
Pokemon Conquest - I only had about five of the individual character stories left to finish up.
Star Fox Command - picked this up last year but want to finish the other SF games first.
Super Princess Peach - there's really no excuse for not my completing my queen's starring title. ;_;

NINTENDO WII:
Animal Crossing: City Folk, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Mario Kart Wii, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid: Other M, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Okami, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Paper Mario, Xenoblade Chronicles - I basically skipped the Wii when it was popular and if I own any of these (I don't own all of them), it's only because I bought them used after the fact and still have yet to play any of them.

NINTENDO 3DS:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - everyone seems to really like this one, and I own it, but AC is a massive time sink and I never liked the sequels as much as the original.
Fire Emblem Awakening - I own this but need to finish the earlier games first (see you in 2027).
Kid Icarus: Uprising - is apparently really good, but out of print/realy expensive and I was really put off by the original game.
Mario Kart 7 - looks fun, don't own it. :(
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - lol jk I'm never going to play this.
Pokemon Battle Trozei - I want to try this after playing Shuffle.
Pokemon Shuffle - I'm keeping up with this as new things are released.
Super Mario 3D Land - looks fun, don't own it. :(

NINTENDO WII U :
Bayonetta 1-2, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Mario Kart 8, NES Remix Pack, Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, ZombiU - because I own all of these damn games but I'm too distracted by playing NES ROMs on my laptop to actually start or finish any of them. Damn I suck.
Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101 - yet I still want this too. lol

STEAM/PC:
Minecraft/League of Legends - file these under "I only care about these if my boyfriend is obsessed with them momentarily" and he's not with either at the moment.
Shatter - because TK made it!
Starcraft/Warcraft 3 - because TK keeps pestering me to finish them!
Vanguard Princess - because WTF is this and why did I buy it during a Steam sale?!

PLAYSTATION 1, 2 OR 3:
Dynasty Warriors 8 - my boyfriend and I got the PS3 copy so we could actually play this and he never wants to play it now. >:O
Final Fantasy XII - see Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks - one of the few MK games I've skipped.
Samurai Shodown Anthology - thought it was an interesting series but didn't play it much.
X-Men Legends 1 and 2 - beat the first one but never played the second.

XBOX 360:
Borderlands - something I bought pre-owned from work because Krisp and Rhaps recommended it.
Dead or Alive 5 - bought it but couldn't play it because my 360 was breaking. Never came back to it once I replaced the 360.
Doom 3 BFG Edition - I finished Doom 1 on Xbox Live a few years ago but never beat 2 without cheats, or played 3.
Final Fantasy XIII - lol yeah right.
Grand Theft Auto IV and V - one of these years I might actually finish IV so I can play V.
Halo 3, Anniversary, Reach, Wars and 4 - my boyfriend and I were doing a Halo marathon last year that we never finished. We still have these to do. I've never played the ones between 3 and 4, and only played about half of 4 once because it sucked.
Mortal Kombat X - pre-ordered it.
Street Fighter X Tekken and Ultra Street Fighter IV - although it's not the same without having R_R to fight on Xbox Live. ;_;

...help...

Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]