It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 SHORYUKEN 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I love my fighters. Street Fighter, King of Fighters, SoulCalibur, Vs. Capcom, even Smash Bros... which ones do you play, and who do you main?

Don't bother asking me for a match, I actually don't own any of these and play casually. I'd probably smash you silly, though. =)

Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I use to play both Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl with my friends.
I usually abuse of glitches with Pikachu, but I also take Fox or Falco*. (*Not on Brawl)
But my favorite is Jigglypuff.

I've played once to SoulCalibur (Link is one of the characters, as I remember...).
Good game :)

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:00 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Game&Watch, Lucario, or Meta Knight.

Street Fighter: Joe

Streets of Rage: Axel

Who said wrestlers and Pokemon couldn't get along?

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: some combination of Viewtiful Joe, Frank West, Tron Bonne, Arthur, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Deadpool
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Viewtiful Joe & Hurricane Polymar. Maybe also Yatterman-2.
SSB64/Vanilla Brawl: Ness, Pikachu
Melee: Link, Pikachu
Project M: Lucas, Bowser, Mario, Pikachu, Mr. Game & Watch
Super Street Fighter 4: Dhalsim, probably. I don't play it much anymore.

Playstation All-Stars (not done yet): probably Nice Cole. Besides BioShock, inFAMOUS is the game represented in PSABR that I've played the most. I really hope Snake is in it. I love Metal Gear Solid.

Of the traditional fighters (the ones that aren't Smash Bros.) I pretty much only play UMvC3, now... and really, I only know a few little combos that aren't Team Air Combos. TACs aren't bad but they can be countered so they're not reliable

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Skeleton wrote:
Of the traditional fighters (the ones that aren't Smash Bros.) I pretty much only play UMvC3, now... and really, I only know a few little combos that aren't Team Air Combos. TACs aren't bad but they can be countered so they're not reliable

Deadpool:
LLLLS -> LLMHS -> H Katama-Rama! -> Chimichangas! -> Happy Happy Trigger

Viewtiful Joe:
LMH -> Mach Speed -> (jump) LMH -> Air Joe -> (on drop kick) Desperado

Arthur:
LMHS -> LLMHS -> Fire Bottle -> Goddess Bracelet

Strange:
LMHS -> LLMHS -> Spell of Ashanti

Start with dat.

Skeleton wrote:
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Viewtiful Joe & Hurricane Polymar. Maybe also Yatterman-2.

Yay someone plays TvC =) Nice team. I use Soki and Blade, or Joe the Condor and Yatts-2.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

VS Fighters and favorite characters based on how much I pick them:
-Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose, Chun-Li, Zangief
-X-Men/Marvel VS SF/Capcom: Rogue, Storm, Gambit
-Mortal Kombat: Sonya, Mileena, Jade, Kitana
-Tekken: Nina, Julia, Jun
-Virtua Fighter: Sarah, Lei-Fei, Pai
-Soul: Seong-Mina
-Dead or Alive: Tina, Christie
-Killer Instinct: Orchid, Kim Wu, Maya
-Eternal Champions: Shadow, Jetta
-TMNT Tournament Fighters: April O'Neil

Beat 'em ups/Brawlers since they have also been mentioned in this thread:
-Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3: Blaze
-Golden Axe 1 and 2: Tyris
-Final Fight 1: Haggar
-Final Fight 2: Maki
-Final Fight 3: Lucia
-The Simpsons Arcade: Lisa
-X-Men Arcade: Storm
-Any MMPR-based beat 'em up: Kimberly, Adam, Trini/Aisha

And if you count Smash Bros (I don't): Peach, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Pikachu.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:46 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Mortal Kombat II: Mileena, Kitana
Budokai 1: Kid Gohan
Budokai 2: Teen Gohan
Budokai 3: Adult Gohan
Streets of Rage 1: Adam (I usually play 2 player with my bro or Frost and both of them pick Blaze, so I stick with Adam)
Streets of Rage 2: Blaze
Streets of Rage 3: Blaze
Golden Axe: the old dude
Ninja Turtles: Leonardo
Power Rangers: Kimberly
Super Smash Bros.: Ness
Super Smash Bros. Melee: Jigglypuff and Roy

This is all I can really think of for fighters and I mostly copied off Frost's post for ideas.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:30 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mortal Kombat 3: Sub Zero
Mortal Kombat 9: Freddy Kreuger/Scorpion
SSB: Link
SSBB: Ike, Sonic, Kirby, Meta Knight, Pit, and Link
Street Fighter series: Ken or Ryu.
Virtua Fighter 5: Jacky Bryant

Goodbye
"

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I should probably put my mains since most others are.

Street Fighter Alpha 2: Charlie
Super Street Fighter 4: Vega, Makoto, Ibuki, Fei Long
Street fighter x Tekken: Vega, Balrog, Guile, Steve
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Amateratsu, Iron Man, Strider Hiryu, Chris
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Tekkaman Blade, Soki, Yatterman-2, Joe the Condor
SoulCalibur 5: Maxi, Nightmare
King of fighters XIII: Kula, Shen, Maxima, Terry, King
Persona 4: Arena: Naoto

Do you guys pick characters based off ease-of-usability or character loyalty?

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I knew the Deadpool one. I often DHC that one into Tron's Servbot Takeout or Arthur's Goddess Bracelet. Conversely, I've got a Tron Combo that goes more or less like LLMS -> LMS -> vH -> Bandit Boulder -> Servbot Takeout, which can DHC to Happy Happy Trigger or Goddess Bracelet.

EVERYTHING combos into Spell of Vishanti!

Edit: Character loyalty all the way, for mascot fighters/crossover fighters. In Smash Bros. the entire draw to the game is to make Nintendo characters beat each other up. I'm gonna go with the characters I already love.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Coliflowerz wrote:
Do you guys pick characters based off ease-of-usability or character loyalty?

I pick characters based on their lack of a Y chromosome mostly.

Although once the field is narrowed down to mostly just the women, I pick the ones who I find more useful. I prefer Cammy to Chun-Li in general and she's my main in Alpha and IV, but I use Chun-Li in Super Turbo because Chun-Li is a more well-rounded character with more options and playstyles than Cammy has in that particular series. I would rather say that I use the characters I feel the most comfortable using, which I find different from "ease-of-usability" because Rose in general is not a particularly easy character to use but she's still my secondary main in Super/IV.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:
I would rather say that I use the characters I feel the most comfortable using, which I find different from "ease-of-usability" because Rose in general is not a particularly easy character to use but she's still my secondary main in Super/IV.

Yeah, I guess I meant more like that. I usually tend to pick my characters based off aesthetics or how much they kick :censored: . I never pick off tiers, with few exceptions like Kula and Nightmare, though I wouldn't call them top-tier. Really, if you try hard enough, you can make any character work, if it's a well designed fighter. But yeah, looks, definitely. The only reason I picked up Steve in SFxT is because he had an alt that looks like Charlie.

Skeleton wrote:
LLMS -> LMS -> vH -> Bandit Boulder -> Servbot Takeout

Yeah, Skeleton, that combo works fine. Really, in low and mid-tier play, that's all you need. Unless you go to EVO and stuff, the most important thing in Vs. Capcom isn't huge combos, but using your tools effectively. Like with Tron, her Servbot trap thingys, her command grab, Deadpool's guns and gifts... stuff like that. And DHC's make a huge difference. Get the hang of that, and you don't need Dante 100+ hit combos.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm picking Phoenix Wright up. I'm finding that if you don't waste Trial Mode trying to get to Turnabout Mode, he's not that incompetent.

More competent than Hsien-Ko, at least. Poor Hsien-Ko. Maybe you won't suck in Darkstalkers 4, Hsien-Koooo

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Skeleton wrote:
I'm picking Phoenix Wright up. I'm finding that if you don't waste Trial Mode trying to get to Turnabout Mode, he's not that incompetent.

More competent than Hsien-Ko, at least. Poor Hsien-Ko. Maybe you won't suck in Darkstalkers 4, Hsien-Koooo

You know if you pull up Maya Shield and have Pheonix stand inside it, he's invincible except to throws? Put him on point, btw.

Ah Hsien-Ko... so sad. So sad.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:50 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

I'm trying out all of the old Street Fighter ripoffs and/or other fighting games on Genesis, SNES or N64. Here are my findings so far:
Art of Fighting (SNES): King -- I'm really not impressed by this game at all. The fighting is slow and stiff, the characters are ultra bland and you can only play as two guys in the story mode. Minor props go to King for crossdressing to look like a man when she's really a woman though.

Fatal Fury 2 (SNES): Mai Shirunai -- because I'm that predictable. She's the only girl but she's such a glam goddessa that I'd probably pick her even if the game had another girl. (I also skipped Fatal Fury 1 simply because it had no girls. Ain't nobody got time for dat :roll:). Doesn't hold a candle to SF2, but I do think it's better than SNK's other series (AoF).

Fighter's Destiny (N64): Valerie, Meiling -- I vaguely remembered renting this game as a kid but forgot that Valerie existed. I feel like she is a little more interesting than Meiling. I think the rules are really interesting and unique for a fighting game. I kind of wish I had owned this game now instead of just renting a few times.

Fighter's Destiny 2 (N64): Meiling -- meh. I didn't play this one all that long.

Fighter's History (SNES): Feilin -- This game was such a ripoff of Street Fighter II that Capcom actually sued the creators and somehow lost. Sadly, I think it plays better than a lot of these other forgotten relics. There's two girls and Feilin has the more interesting moves, I guess.

Fighting Vipers (Saturn): Candy -- another game that I vaguely remembered playing in the Arcade as a kid. I actually remembered Candy by name and she's a hilarious flirty goddess. Unfortunately Saturn emulation is not the best because the Saturn was a hardware catastrophe so the game ran at about 2/3 the speed on my computer than it should in real life, and I didn't have the patience to try playing a second character.

Justice League Task Force (Genesis): Wonder Woman -- this was a console-exclusive game and the AI is really brutal in it. I only beat two characters in the "story" until I got bored and stop. I also find the DC Heroes to be really bland compared to the superior gods known as the X-MEN. Wonder Woman is cool though.

One Must Fall: 2097 (PC): No preference -- This was a game that I played a lot about twenty years ago and I only recently relearned its title. It's not a very good game and the DOS emulation site I was using for it used the original keys (spacebar for kick and enter for punch -- barf). The things you use in battle are all robots, but you select human characters to pilot them and provide different stat setups for them, I guess. I just picked the first choices for each, admittedly the human was a woman named Crystal.

War Gods (N64): Pagan -- good god this game is BAD. It plays so much like Mortal Kombat that I'm actually shocked Midway made it because all they did was rip themselves off. There's two girls and Pagan is slightly less embarassing looking so I picked her. Though let's be real, all of the characters in this game, male or female, are terrible, and so is the gameplay, which is a watered down, clunkier Mortal Kombat system.

World Heroes (Genesis): Rasputin -- lol this guy is ridiculous. He's supposed to be sort of like the "Dhalsim" in that his attacks have massive range due to crazy voodoo on his hands and feet, but he's also a gay sorcerer who twirls around being crazy and in a later game has a Super mode where he pulls male characters into a bush and raped them or something. :lol:

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]