It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 The Worst Thing to Ever Have Happen to you in a Game 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What is the worst thing to ever have happen to you in a game? For me, I can remember one moment that is very recent.
So, I'm playing through Saint's Row 2 while spending the night at a friends house. This game is notorious fo glitches. For instance, if you have cheats on, and you're in a big vehicle, wrecking everything in your path, one explosion can **** it up. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the infamous Saint's Row 2 sound glitch. The sfx goes awry, so there are no more explosion or crash sound effects, and no radio. If you get out and use your weapon, whether it be a gun or an explosive device, the sound gets stuck until you go to the console's main menu. It's annoying. But that's not what happened to me. I was playing with the usual cheats on; Never Die, Infinite Ammo, Milk Bones, and Car Mass Hole.
But there was another one. One of my favorites. Super Explosions. Meaning explosions are 4x bigger and powerful. After one explosion, I went flying and the game froze. I hadn't saved in a long time, so I lost two missions, and the progress I had made in Insurance Fraud, a really fun activity that can get particularly interesting with the Low Gravity cheat on.
So, what are some of your moments like this that happened to you?

Goodbye
"

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I was playing Pokemon Firered, trying to capture Mewtwo with Ultra Balls. (Everyone know its hard)
After resseting 10 times, using about 70 ultra balls per try (I'm not lucky), I finally captured it.
I dropped the Gameboy. :frustrated:

It also happenned for Regice, Groudon, latias, and many others.
And I ALMOST dropped it for Shiny Nidorino! :shock:
Now, I'm very carefull when hunting for shinies.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Zelda: Ocarina of Time: On my first playthrough, I read about the extra bottle glitch. And I thought "Well, these bombchus seem pretty useless!" And replaced 'em with a bottle. Then I got to the Spirit Temple and my blood went cold as I saw there were parts of it clearly intended for Bombchu use. But I managed to clear it with normal bombs and breathed a sigh of relief. But then I got to Ganon's Tower, where you DO, ABSOLUTELY, need a Bombchu. For one switch in the entire game. I got that close and had to start all over again. Of course, it's nothing now, I have learned the ins and outs of the game like the back of my hand and have beaten it several times, plus Master Quest. But for the first playthrough (also my first Zelda game), that is a bitter, crushing lesson.

Kid Icarus: Uprising:
Highlight to view spoiler.
When I finished the chapter where Pit and Pittoo fight the Chaos Kin to de-brainwash Palutena and Pit's wings burn up as he saves Pittoo from certain death... the cutscene showing Pit's brutally scorched wings, smoldering, [i]bones exposed...[/] Then the cheery Chapter Clear music starts and I am told that I unlocked the power, Burn Attack.

Animal Crossing: I played it. And I can never get that time back to spend doing something good.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:10 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Skeleton wrote:
Zelda: Ocarina of Time: On my first playthrough, I read about the extra bottle glitch. And I thought "Well, these bombchus seem pretty useless!" And replaced 'em with a bottle. Then I got to the Spirit Temple and my blood went cold as I saw there were parts of it clearly intended for Bombchu use. But I managed to clear it with normal bombs and breathed a sigh of relief. But then I got to Ganon's Tower, where you DO, ABSOLUTELY, need a Bombchu. For one switch in the entire game. I got that close and had to start all over again. Of course, it's nothing now, I have learned the ins and outs of the game like the back of my hand and have beaten it several times, plus Master Quest. But for the first playthrough (also my first Zelda game), that is a bitter, crushing lesson.

Omg! That must be frustrating!
On my first playthrough of this game, I was stuck upside down in the Forest Temple with those creepy hands. This Temple is so scary!
Also, what's the difference between Ocarina of Time and Master Quest?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:23 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Master Quest is the same as the normal game except the dungeons have completely new puzzles, moved treasure chests and items, a lot more monsters, sometimes more dangerous monsters, and the Gold Skulltulas inside the dungeons are mostly in different locations. It's different enough that you'll find yourself working through the rooms of a dungeon in a completely different order than in the original game. The Water Temple is actually easier to figure out in Master Quest, though. Nothing outside the dungeons is changed. Since all Heart Pieces in OoT are outside the dungeons, those are all in the same places.

In the 3DS version, all maps in the game are also mirrored, so east is west and west is east. And Link is right-handed. And I think he also takes more damage? I don't know.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
In the 3DS version, all maps in the game are also mirrored, so east is west and west is east.

Yep. It also happenned for Twilight Princess on Wii.
On Gamecube, Link is Left handed.
But most of the people are right handed.
So if you choose to be right handed, everything will be reversed.
My friend is left handed and the map is the original side.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:51 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The game doesn't offer an option. The Wii version is flipped and Link's right handed, no matter what you think about it!

It's a bit silly though. Wii Twilight Princess' motion controls amount to nothing more than: wiggle the remote to attack. I'm right-handed but it wouldn't have made a difference to pin the same controls to a left-handed Link (in fact, there's a hack that flips the maps to match the GameCube version, makes Link left-handed, and I've played it without even noticing so much). Skyward Sword is a completely different story, yet, it offers no options for laterality either...

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I just remembered a horrible thing BioShock (the 360 version) did/is doing to me. I have gotten all 50 of the original achievements. But there's one more on the list, a secret one that doesn't tell you what it is. This is "Brass Balls," unlocked by clearing the game on Very Hard mode without dying (in other words, reloading a save every time you die instead of respawning at a Vita-Chamber).

I could do that. It would be frustrating but I could do it. Except. That's an extra achievement you're not supposed to have on your to-achieve list unless you get a DLC package that includes new plasmids and other things... including Very Hard mode itself. I literally cannot get that achievement because I don't have the mode I have to play to get it. And I don't have an internet connection for my 360 either. At least, not at home.

Of course, it's just as frustrating when primarily single-player games have achievements exclusive to the online parts (I am looking at you, Dead Rising 2. Dead Rising 2, why can't you be more like your big brother Dead Rising 1? That game only had offline achievements and wasn't half as glitchy as you are), because I can't get those either.

Oh well

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i was playing halo (or halo 2 i cant remember which one it was) and i fired a rocket at someone, i died before the rocket exploded, respawned to my rocket hitting me in the face >.> gotta love instant respawns

in a halo 1 match i sniped myself....i shot a tank (trying to snipe the driver) it ricocheted around a couple times before returning to my face....it kinda was an epic shot but rather terrible consequence

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh that's easy. Two.

First time playing Halo. Due to me going a bit too hogwire on a chopper, my score was -2.

Second, losing to a spammer M. Bison on SSFV3DE because I dropped my phone. The salt ensues.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Shall I mention the ending of the second-to-last mission of CoD 6?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:19 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Why does it seem that everyone has a problem with the ending of MW2?
I hated Black Ops for Reznov's character storyline, but no, MW2's ending sucks.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I think my worst was once in Pokemon HG. I had played a really long part of the game, something like 3 or 4 Gym Leaders and everything in between. And when I stopped, I did the most stupid thing I could: I switched off w/o saving. I still don't get how I did that.
A really bad moment for my gaming was also when I realized that the Dream Radar was not free. I don't have a credit card, and e-shop cards aren't sold in Greece. So my chances of getting the game are pretty low.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

[angryrant]

In the 3DS version of Zero Escape, I was unfortunate enough to trigger a bug in the code. By saving the game in the PEC room, you permanently corrupt your save data, forcing you to restart your game. I had invested over 20 hours. The game is story based, so I was avoiding looking online for info due to spoilers, and I therefore hadn't heard about the bug at the time. They REALLY need to made a downloadable patch to fix the problem, the Mario Kart 7 one was very trivial by comparison.

[/angryrant]

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:08 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

While playing Ocarina of Time, I was in the Royal Family's tomb during the part where you get the Sun's Song. You know how there's a room full of ReDead? Yeah, those things scare me to death. I died 4 times from a ReDead latching onto me and sucking my health away until I realized that there was a path around a ReDead to the right. So I finally got the Sun's Song and I returned to the ReDead room, where I died once again. After that I just ragequit out of there. I finally figured out you stun them with the Sun's Song when I went back to play it the next week.

sad but rad

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:58 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So I was playing Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup, which is a roguelike game with permanent death, and I had gotten all the way to level 30-something, and I ended up surrounded by orcs with nothing but a deck of magical cards, knife, some cursed armor, and a scroll of identify, and every card I drew ended up being useless and I died and had to start over.

Dragonair101 wrote:
I finally figured out you stun them with the Sun's Song when I went back to play it the next week.

Wait, they can be stunned? ._. After all that button mashing and running for my life, I could've just stunned them? Does that also work on gibdos, too, or just redeads?

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Different55 wrote:
Dragonair101 wrote:
I finally figured out you stun them with the Sun's Song when I went back to play it the next week.

Wait, they can be stunned? ._. After all that button mashing and running for my life, I could've just stunned them? Does that also work on gibdos, too, or just redeads?

It works on Gibdos too. I don't remember because I always use the Sun's Song, but I believe Deku Nuts can also stun them. I also think that they work for a shorter amount of time than if you play the song.

sad but rad

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:02 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Little Nemo: The Dream Master (which is disrespectfully based on a movie loosely based on the epic comic strip by Winsor McCay, Little Nemo is Slumberland) is incredibly frustrating to me. I know this now. I didn't know it then. Why? Because of a Game Genie glitch. I used to like to play games with Game Genie on the NES, just so I got to see how games ended that are seriously too hard for any child to complete. This is one of those games.

The problem with that game is using Game Genie also made the final boss impossible to beat. No matter what you did, that **** never died. And I have persistence. But the same life code that applied to you, also applied to the boss. You couldn't kill him. I probably spent more than an hour on him.

Fast forward 12-14 years later, already seriously irritated with the game, I play this to the best of my ability to finish it forever. Not only does the shameful representation of the original comic piss me off, but so do the characters, the color, the design, and the difficulty. I get to the level just before the boss, and the surmounting difficulty the general game play piss me off so much, I shut the **** off in a pissy, puerile fit, slapping the power button like a six-year-old with no ice cream.

I will never play this game again. **** it.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:20 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Many times I play a game and then something happens like a blackout or I die (my character,not me...that would be awkward) and when I play again I realise I saved way way waaaay back and then I have to spend time trying to get back to where I was when I last played.

And what's even more annoying is when I battle a boss and die then fight it again and lose when it has literally a sliver of its health left and I die again it makes me wanna scream!!!

:frustrated: :censored: so annoying...

Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:10 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I feel awful about this one. I once restarted my brothers Pokémon sapphire version. He had lvl 100 kyogre,gardevoire,rayquaza and had ALOT of time put into it as well. It was when I was small too so I still feel bad to this day about the whole thing.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:53 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh... No...

I started a Nuzlocke on my Pokémon Pearl, when my two favorite ones DIED! I COULDN'T GO ON AND I RESTARTED IT! I WILL NEVER DO A NUZLOCKE RUN AGAIN!

XD Yup...

Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

There's this one really annoying thing I did once. On my White 2 Game, I had just eat the last gym with my Serperior, who was now a lvl 60 as opposed to the previous 54 it probably had been at. All of my special six had been buffed up really well, and they were ready for battle. Then, Terakion just leaps out at me. I had already used my Masterball on Coballion, and Verizion somehow went in a Netball earlier. Soooo, I get into this big battle with him, maybe thrity minutes or more, and I try to catch him.
I underestimate how little PP his move have, and Struggle kills him before I make the capture. :frustrated:
So what do I do? Out of interest for keeping the thing more like a real storyline(ish), and annoyance, I shut off my DS without saving. After pretending my character went back in time a few minutes. Forgetting that I HADN'T SAVED SINCE I JUST STARTED GRINDING FOR THE GYM BATTLE.

...Ragequit. I went back later to grind again and trade a hacked masterball to my game just so Terakion would evade me this time, but the whole thing really bugged me for a while.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah.. Something else happened.

I recently beat White 2. I went and beat the after-story Colress, then I shut off the game. Imagine what happened when I remembered that I hadn't saved at all. Not since I beat the main story.

And... Nuzlocking update time... Yay...

I started a Sapphire Locke. All of my Pokémon get poisoned every 5 minutes! Why does the forest hate me? Is it because I got a Ralts?

XD Yup...

Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I play a lot of roguelike games, and bad things are constantly happening. Todays batch of misfortunes in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup are as follows:

BurritoMan the Level 3 Spriggan Enchanter died of poison while trying every unknown potion in his inventory trying to cure it.

Bobby the Level 5 Spriggan Enchanter was facing groups of monsters that do not belong as early in the dungeon as they were. Fortunately, there was lots of vegetarian food early on (Spriggans are unable to eat meat, making food hard to find), and a powerful weapon on Floor 1. Unfortunately, he was poisoned fairly frequently, and barely survived several times with 1 HP. During one of these events, he tried the same strategy as the late BurritoMan, swallowing a potion of mutation in the process. His throat burned and skin briefly turned scaly. Luckily, the finished mutation was beneficial for once. His skin changed colors to fit his environment, making him even more stealthy than previously. Unfortunately, he died of the poison he was attempting to cure a few turns later.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]