It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 XIII: The Movie and the Show: WTF? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Slight spoilers in the "review", if you want to call it that.
For anyone who knows of the 80s comic "XIII", or who has played the PS2 game of it, you'll know that it has a good storyline and some pretty good characters. But after watching the french mini-series which was turned into a movie, XIII: The Conspiracy, because it only had two episodes, and watching it, I thought it was great.
Until the end.
Yeah, it's a twist. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that the antagonist group had such a suicidal plan that no matter what the outcome was, they'd still win, and USA would become a facist state.
WHAT THE HELL?!?
Highlight to view spoiler.
They leave you hanging by throwing in the photo to XIII's real identity as Ross Tanner, not Steve Rowland, not Thirteen, not even the name that he had between Rowland and Tanner. What's special about it? Sam, one of the supporting characters, tells XIII it's been faked. Then they go to the USA becoming facist right after that. Then it ends.

So, I'm like 'Meh, it was good. Now lets check out the show that is showing on Reelz right now.'
It left me in the dust.
So, let me give you a look at it now.
President Carringtion: In the movie, he was XIII's boss. Now, he is the president and is hunting XIII. I'm like, "What?"
Sheridan: Former President who is 'I' in the movie. The facist SOB is hunting XIII for a chip or something.
CIA Director Giogo- Geodude- Gi- Uh... **** it. CIA Director Guy: This guy is a dick, and he doesnt have much to add to the story/plot.
Colonel Amos: I'm not even going to guess on him. His sides were messed up in the movie, and I still can't seem to find if he's an antagonist or a protagonist. But he seems to be more of an antagonist in the show.
XIII: What. The. ****. Happened?
Okay, so it isnt stated if he is known as Ross Tanner or not, but Sam, who is now is girlfriend, gives him a fake I.D. under the name "Simon Guest", implying that he doesnt go by Ross Tanner anymore. And that's just the first episode.

Now, why am I telling you all this? Because. It bothers me that a sequel to the movie was never made to fill the gap between the movie and the show. I know that there is a strategy behind doing this, but it takes big HUGE skill to pull it off. In fact, it takes so much skill, the only way I've ever seen it done correctly and effectively is in the Bourne Identity series, and that had help.
WHERE'S THE **** SEQUEL?!?

I searched everywhere, and couldnt find one. Leave it to the French film industry to screw up a storyline.

Goodbye
"

Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]