It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 anyone here like The Cars? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

They've never actually been my favorite artist, but I've never really disliked the band either. I never really could explain why I was a fan of the music, but after reading about how they fused classic rock with New Age style music, it made sense.

I have Moving In Stereo, Dangerous Type, Just What I Needed, Let's Go, My Best Friend's Girl, and Let The Good Times Roll on my iPod right now, but there's 3 or 4 more songs I want to get.

Right now I'm listening to Dangerous Type, and it's a perfect example of my music preference: Rock, with a tint of New Age added.
The band broke in 1988, but they reunited earlier this year (2011) for a new album. Unfortunately, Ben Orr (bassist) died in 2000 of cancer, so they had their keyboardist and producer play bass, and I have to admit that they kept their style after all these years.

I've found that I listen to music more for the music itself and not so much for the lyrics. Exactly why I hate most music past 1985: Its either depressing (1990s) or talentless (2000s-> present)

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]