It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Super Smash Bros 4 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GhostPony, If you're upset about Animal Crossing getting a character, then you'll be furious at this. On the Smash Bros website, they confirmed Wii Fit Trainer as a character. Honestly, i kind of like her as a character, she could be really interesting and do a bunch of cool new stuff.

Also, something that I'd like to make note of, on the website they have profiles for all of the characters confirmed so far and in those they have screenshots from the actual games. The pictures are labeled as from the Wii U version or from the 3DS version. However the pictures of Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are only from the Wii U version. Could this mean that those characters could only be in the Wii U version? Sakurai has also stated that both games will feature the same number of characters. So, that would mean that the 3DS version would have some exclusive characters too.

What do you guys think? Honestly, I really hope they don't do the exclusive character thing, because then you would essentially have to buy both versions of the game to get the full thing.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:40 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'd be fine buying both versions, so I won't need to choose between 3D and HD. My guess is that they're just prioritizing developing the Wii U version, and don't have those two characters in the 3DS game yet. Also, I'm just ignoring Villager and Wii Fit Trainer because Mega Man is back in all his retro glory! I shall Metal Blade everyone to death!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It could mean both versions have the same characters. Like if SSB4 had 43 in 3DS, so did SSB4 for Wii U. I hope so because otherwise that wouldn't be fair for 3DS users. This isn't Pokemon where they make version exclusive pokemon for two games for the same console. But aside from that, so far so great for this new game. However I hope the info starts to pick up after E3 because we're a year away from the launch and around a year before the SSBB launch, Smash Dojo was in full swing.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:03 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Given that Sakurai has already said there will be version-exclusive stages (stages from primarily handheld games would be in the 3DS version, and vice versa), it's not much of a stretch to assume there might be version-exclusive characters. WFT would certainly be a candidate to be WiiU-exclusive. However, I don't think the thing with WFT/Villager not having 3DS screens means anything: why would a character from a series like Animal Crossing that seems to be equally represented on consoles and handhelds (perhaps slightly more so on the latter) be WiiU-exclusive?

I'm looking forward to trying out all three of the characters they revealed yesterday. I will admit I was slightly worried about WFT, but after watching her intro video I'm completely on board.

EDIT Jun 13 13: In one of the interviews Sakurai has been doing this week, he has said both versions will have the same roster. Which, unfortunately, means that the roster is going to be limited by what the 3DS hardware can handle.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:36 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Havent checked this thread before but, Ive been wondering where all these pictures of AC char making its way into SSB and, i have found it.

YES!!! YESS!!!

Took long enough for Animal Crossing to make its way into SSB...

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:20 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well is the version-exclusiveness ends up being decided by portable console stages/characters and home console stages/characters, then Wii Fit Trainer and maybe Villager are so far the only ones that would be exclusive to Wii-U. As much as I wish there were no version exclusive characters, if that ended up being the case, I could live without those two.

It's interesting how all the original starter characters from the original Super Smash Bros were shown in the trailer except Yoshi. It's like Pit is trying to replace him lol. But Yoshi is one of the more certain players to be included again that haven't been confirmed yet.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:20 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

^*facepalm*
FW already said that there wouldn't version exclusives.
@James: AC was in Brawl as cameos and items, with one stage.

Goodbye
"

Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
I know, but I always hated how close they got to actually installing AC into the game, but not letting you have a better result, such as a character to play with. I'm happy that they now have a fully instilled Animal Crossing "part" in the game that isnt just cameos...

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:16 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Low-ball prediction of the roster. Red-outlined characters are unlockable.

I'm sticking to the 4-slots-per-franchise rule from Brawl, and tried not to expand existing franchises by more than one. So, going from left to right and top to bottom:

MARIO:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser

WARIOWARE:
Wario
I would restrict him to his standard outfit instead of the biker one used as default in Brawl.

YOSHI:
Yoshi

STARFOX:
Fox, Falco
Wolf is too similar to the two characters from Melee, so he was removed to make room for new characters elsewhere.

DONKEY KONG:
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool
Both veterans return, and the franchise gets a villain character (perhaps to offset the loss of one from Starfox).

NINTENDO:
R.O.B.
Too big a part of not just Nintendo history but video gaming history to cut.

F-ZERO:
Captain Falcon

METROID:
Samus <-> Zero Suit Samus
Changed to their Other M designs with some creative license taken by the developers, as already mentioned for Samus.

ANIMAL CROSSING:
Villager

WII FIT:
Wii Fit Trainer

LEGEND OF ZELDA:
Link, Zelda <-> Sheik, Ganondorf, Ghirahim
First off, they probably will continue to evolve Zelda's Brawl design instead of going to her Skyward Sword design. Young/Toon Link leaves for Ghirahim.

MOTHER:
Ness, Lucas

PIKMIN:
Captain Olimar

GAME & WATCH:
Mr. Game & Watch

KIRBY:
Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight

ICE CLIMBER:
Ice Climbers

FIRE EMBLEM:
Marth, Chrom
Marth is THE FE character in Japan, and would be updated to his appearance in Awakening. Ike gets cut for Chrom to feature someone from the newest game, just as Roy was for Ike.

KID ICARUS:
Pit, Hades
Hades adds another villain character to the roster.

POKEMON:
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer (Kalos), Mewtwo <-> Awakened Mewtwo
The new Pokemon Trainer (who is female, by the way) uses Chespin, Fennekin's first evolution, and Froakie's second evolution. Mewtwo returns in the fourth slot, with the ability to transform into its Awakened(?) Forme.

HARMOKNIGHT:
Tempo
Could be a fun character with a rhythm-based moveset.

SIN & PUNISHMENT:
Saki
This one, if I'm honest, has the least chance of actually making it in. May stay an Assist Trophy or get dropped altogether.

PUNCH-OUT!!:
Little Mac
The boxing ring stage in the WiiU version is practically screaming that Little Mac will be in.

XENOBLADE:
Shulk
One of the best RPGs on a Nintendo console needed a representative. His Monado Arts could be incorporated either as his Final Smash or as special moves.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG:
Sonic
He's practically family at this point.

METAL GEAR:
Snake
Of the third-party characters, Snake is perhaps the most likely to be dropped. No recent games from his series have been on Nintendo platforms.

MEGA MAN:
Mega Man

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@F_W, that looks like a really good roster, however you made a lot of cuts and replacements to the roster that I just don't see happening. In the pokemon series you replace Lucario with Mewtwo, but I just don't see them taking out the Kanto Pokemon Trainer and putting the Kalos trainer. If you're trying to represent the most recent generation, Mewtwo does that with his awakened form. People like the Kanto trainer and his pokemon more than they will like the Kalos trainer and her pokemon. Overall, the Kanto trainer is more important to the series than the Kalos trainer is. I definitely agree that Starfox should not have have three characters who play exactly the same, but I don't think you have to cut Wolf to do that. Seeing what they have already done to rework some of the existing characters, I think they could do that with Wolf and Falco to make them different enough from Fox. Also, if they do add another Kid Icarus character, I think you have to put Palutena in just because she is overall more important to the series than Hades is even if Hades is a villain. Also, like you said I don't think Saki is likely or really Tempo either since he is from an eShop only game. But I could definitely see both of those characters as an assist trophy. Also, I think you should have out in Ridley as another Metroid character, since he has been long overdue for a playable appearance. That's about it but overall it looks pretty good.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:40 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

FW, that looks like a great roster, but my ideal one would involve these substitutions, solely on personal preference:

Donnel instead of Chrom

Chibi-Robo instead of Rob

Thanatos instead of Hades

Professor Layton instead of Snake

Among others.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:29 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I want Dixie Kong. She is more or less the only Nintendo female who comes to mind as being deemed worthy of carrying her own game back in the day -- Donkey Kong Country 3, in which she was the star -- who still isn't playable in the Smash series. I know there's Wii Fit Trainer, but another female entry is overdue considering Brawl added ZERO.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Wouldn't Zero Suit Samus count for female role addition in Brawl? I mean she wasn't in Melee, even though Samus was.

Goodbye
"

Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:13 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Took long enough for Animal Crossing to make its way into SSB...

Aminal Crossing didn't exist until after the release of Melee, and in Brawl they pretty much gave Animal Crossing everything else except a playable character: an item, a stage, an assist trophy, and various trophies and stickers representing characters from their games. So making it on to the very next game isn't that bad, especially since there are characters that were out long before the first SSB (Pit, Wario, Meta Knight) that wouldn't be playable until the 3rd installment.

Quote:
another female entry is overdue considering Brawl added ZERO.

Technically SSBB added Zero Suit Samus but that wasn't an all together new character. Dixie Kong would be a nice character to have and then of course people very familiar with the Mario games insist something along the lines of adding Daisy, Birdo, or Toadette, but I think the most likely of that trio would be Birdo. Daisy would probably be too similar to Peach and why would Toadette debut before Toad (which will likely not be playable unless they change Peach's basic Special Attack; imagine how awkward that would be).

Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:19 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

vaporterra wrote:
Animal Crossing didn't exist until after the release of Melee

And even with not having been released yet, Animal Crossing was still in Melee. It had 3 trophies for Tom Nook, K.K. Slider and Resetti. Animal Crossing has always been there. The reason they didn't get a character until now was because Sakurai stated the Villager had an innocent charm that would be ruined with him being in a fighting game.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:25 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
in Brawl they pretty much gave Animal Crossing everything else except a playable character: an item, a stage, an assist trophy

Isn't the trophy Mr. Resetti? Oh GOD PLEASE NO! Take his ass out of SSB4. Nobody likes him.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:14 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Haunted Water wrote:
Quote:
in Brawl they pretty much gave Animal Crossing everything else except a playable character: an item, a stage, an assist trophy

Isn't the trophy Mr. Resetti? Oh GOD PLEASE NO! Take his ass out of SSB4. Nobody likes him.

Speak for yourself.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've never met someone who actually liked him. In fact, many times, his appearance led to my systematical deaths at the hands of my opponents.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:20 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mr.Resetti was just fun to read his little rants but I never heard of anyone that got KO'd because of him (Nintendog yes, Resetti no). I'm not really that familiar with Animal Crossing so I didn't really know about the fans not really liking that character.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:49 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

No, I meant I would use an Assist Trophy and he would appear, making everyone (including me) rage. It pisses people off, takes too long to disappear, and has no reason to be in the game in the first place.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That's the whole point. It's like when you get a Goldeen in the Pokeball (or to a lesser extent Munchlax or Nintendog for the Assist Trophy) when you'd really hope you get something useful, it's supposed to frustrate you. It's hilarious when it doesn't happen to you and you continue fighting but it's frustrating when you really need something, anything, to go your way in the fight.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
Professor Layton instead of Snake

I couldn't agree more. If the Professor makes it into Brawl 4, then Nintendo will have my eternal and undying respect.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:54 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Frost wrote:
I want Dixie Kong. She is more or less the only Nintendo female who comes to mind as being deemed worthy of carrying her own game back in the day -- Donkey Kong Country 3, in which she was the star -- who still isn't playable in the Smash series. I know there's Wii Fit Trainer, but another female entry is overdue considering Brawl added ZERO.

Personally, I think that would be adding a female for the sake of adding a female, although not unlike WiiFit Trainer. I think there should be more female playables, but if they're gonna add her, then add Rebecca from Resident Evil 0 for the same reason. There just aren't definitive female characters of the Nintendo brand. Period.

(But Frost will say that Donkey Kong is a Nintendo original which makes it different and they should add Dixie whereas Resident Evil isn't, and even though 0 is Nintendo exclusive, Rebecca isn't as representative. Then I'll say something like yeah, but Snake isn't exclusive and Sonic isn't an original, so it makes just as much sense. And then Frost will be all, but Dixie's in more games and ****, and I'll be like, Rebecca adds more dynamic like Snake whereas Dixie could be clone-like, and Frost will say no, Dixie's different cause x, y, z, and Rebecca could be a Snake clone, and I'll think, agree to disagree, and stop posting and we'll get no where.)

Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I was never able to beat Mega Man X.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
There just aren't definitive female characters of the Nintendo brand

Well most female characters are not without their male friends/counterparts/etc. (Peach, Zelda, Nana, Pokémon Trainers), but at least there's Samus Aran, the main character of one of Nintendo's biggest franchises.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next