It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 In the Game of Thrones, you win or you die 

Who is your favorite monarch in Westeros?
Joffrey Baratheon (Lannister) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Stannis Baratheon 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Renly Baratheon 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Robb Stark 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Daenrys Targaryen 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Balon Greyjoy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Robert Baratheon 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tommen Baratheon (Lannister) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

In the Game of Thrones, you win or you die 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

So, George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series is getting some serious attention these days, with book 5 coming out in a few weeks, nearly 6 years after book 4, and with season 1 just concluded of HBO's tv adaptation of the books (season 1 = book 1). I assume that I'm not the only forum-goer who has read them or is reading them, and I wanted to post this poll (including, I believe, all characters that are crowned at some point in one of the books, both living and deceased), and also to just generate discussion (I don't think we have another thread on them?)

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
Dunno if anyone's read book 5 yet (I have), but to avoid spoilers, I'll evaluate each of your candidates in relatively vague terms, rating from 0-5 (5 being BEST KING EVER).

Joffrey-- No. he was an abysmal king, and a spoiled, malicious brat. Just no. 0/5, negative numbers if possible

Stannis-- Somewhat better, at least capable of ruling, even if he is stone-cold. 2/5

Renly-- oh dear me. A nicer guy than Joffrey, but still somewhat incapable. 1/5

Robb Stark-- my personal favorite, a shame the old Frey decided to cut him off. 3/5

Daenerys-- She was awesome, yes, but based on the most recent book, well... Highlight to view spoiler.
she's lost control of her dragons and ran away from her "army" so I can't say that she's that great a candidate. 2/5

Balon-- in terms of capability, the man's cold steel. Definitely a strong candidate. in terms of efficiency, meh. 2/5

Robert Baratheon-- he WAS king for a time, did it decently enough. Shame about his choice of wife. 2/5

Tommen-- The description of him makes you want to cuddle him. He's just a little boy, not suited for rule and too much governed by his mother. 1/5

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]