It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 DKC Returns: CAMEO DISCOVERED!! 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

There are so many good things about this game, I'm too lazy to type them all out. However, I do have two minor complaints.

1. Load time between the levels and the world map

and more importantly,

2. LACK OF CLASSIC CONTROLLER SUPPORT

Honestly? I find it exceedingly annoying that shaking the Wiimote (or the nunchuck too) triggers THREE different actions depending on the context. The Classic Controller has more than enough buttons for every action in the game. Comments?

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Last edited by Mektar on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I haven't played it yet, but I really wanted to. I grew up on Donkey Kong Country as a kid. Besides your second complaint is a moot point. It is a Wii game, not a SNES game that has been remade and updated. It is a reboot of the DKC series, and like I said it is a Wii game and thus needs to use Wii controls.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Yeah & about your first complaint...your not kidding when you say it's a minor complaint...

The commercial & various other things gave away the fact that you most likely was going to end up having to use the Wii controls...

I am so for the last time dusting off my Wii console to never have to do it again cause I will be playing this game before Summer of 2011, can't wait...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:47 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I found Mr. Game 'n Watch in level 7-1! Just get to the first DK barrel and look up in the background. You'll see him fixing a leaky pipe with a hammer.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh hey, that's pretty cool...
Watchy Kong?

Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:55 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Just beat the game. Game 'n Watch is also in the credits. The final boss is like Wham Bam Jewel on steroids (or, in this case, bananas).

Mektar out.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Beat the first segment of the game 1-2 months ago, now i'm working on the temple levels. Anyone know how to get the kong letters in the last level of world two? This has got to be one of the best games for wii that i've ever played.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Diamond FC: 5199-4994-9415
White FC: 0089-1661-3588

Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]