It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Nintendo 3DS Look Revealed!... 

Do you like what you see with the Nintendo 3DS?!
Something to look forward to... 81%  81%  [ 22 ]
Something that should be buried forever... 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Don't Care... 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 27

Nintendo 3DS Look Revealed!... 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well hope that it doesn't happen if you get a 3DS...That would suck...MAJORLY. Considering the price will be that high...

And and and... the price of the DSi has just been reduced in the UK to £129.00 (i'm almost sure itt's that, it was advertised on TV somewhere) So maybe it won't be all the way up oin the 180's..

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:36 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

How are the DS Lite and the DS two different systems? They're two different models of the same system. Same with the Game Boy Pocket. What's with all this "different models = different consoles"?

I mean, the PS3 has had several models with differences, why aren't they all seperate systems?

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Gallade Roxas wrote:
How are the DS Lite and the DS two different systems? They're two different models of the same system. Same with the Game Boy Pocket. What's with all this "different models = different consoles"?

I mean, the PS3 has had several models with differences, why aren't they all seperate systems?

Oh, you're back, well, I am not saying that they are different consoles per say but that they deserve to be in their seperate Generations respectively seeing as they are different models & all thus this is the 11th Generation of Nintendo's Handheld Franchise, not the 11th Gen of the DS, Handheld Game System or whatever, just like it's beyond the 3rd Generation of the Playstation Console Franchise clearly even though they haven't made the PS4 yet...

Kind of like this...
PS to the PS2 is like the DS to the DSLite, even if the DSLite is a DS, it is so different that it might as well be considered it's own system in a way where as the different PS3 models don't really work all that differently enough to be considered different systems or whatever though technically the DSi would fit this category more for obvious reasons...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Gallade Roxas wrote:

Oh, you're back, well, I am not saying that they are different consoles per say but that they deserve to be in their seperate Generations respectively seeing as they are different models & all thus this is the 11th Generation of Nintendo's Handheld Franchise, not the 11th Gen of the DS, Handheld Game System or whatever, just like it's beyond the 3rd Generation of the Playstation Console Franchise clearly even though they haven't made the PS4 yet...

Kind of like this...
PS to the PS2 is like the DS to the DSLite, even if the DSLite is a DS, it is so different that it might as well be considered it's own system in a way where as the different PS3 models don't really work all that differently enough to be considered different systems or whatever though technically the DSi would fit this category more for obvious reasons...

Back? I was never gone for more than a day...

Anyways, I still don't see why different models of the same system need to be classified in their own generations.

The PS1 and the PS2 were two different consoles. The DS Lite and the old DS are still both a "Nintendo DS". And besides, the DS Lite isn't that vastly different from the DS. It may have vastly different specs and design, but it still carries the exact same interface and technology.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

That being considered, the 3DS would be;

1. Gameboy
2. Gameboy Color
3. Gameboy Advance
4. Nintendo DS
5. 3DS

If you include the Gameboy Micro as it's own system then it would come before the Nintendo DS & thus make the 3DS 6th but anyway...
Actually, I think of the 3DS when being this general as a DS System as well, that being ignored, the 3DS will be the 5th Gen of Nintendo's Handheld Franchise in that case...doesn't even matter to me though tbh...just interesting to know I guess...meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm agreeing with Lawrence on this one...
Each different console should have their own 'generation' so to say.
Whether they ARE different models, they are still different to the previous.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:22 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Darkrai-follower wrote:
I'm agreeing with Lawrence on this one...
Each different console should have their own 'generation' so to say.
Whether they ARE different models, they are still different to the previous.

but not by much, imo. a different design and a brighter screen don't make it different enough, imo. dsi and ds/lite are different due to the features involved (cameras, the ds shop thing, layout of the home menu)

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:58 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Gallade Roxas wrote:
Back? I was never gone for more than a day...

I meant to explain this last post but wasn't really concern, anywho, I meant that we had almost a whole conversation before you came back & I was joking around a bit saying oh, your back?...see?...

As for everything else going on, let me clarify & hopefully end this starting to get long conversation pertaining to the 3DS's Generation...

I do agree with Gallade Roxas(& I guess rex09 too, yep, rex09 too) about them not being the same generation due to them both being Nintendo DS's, that being said I have a way of looking at things myself & that is that "As long as it has enough different features, it is it's own generation of console", it's simply opinion, nothing more, nothing less...

Getting back on topic now, I wonder if the 3DS game cards look that much different from the DS's game cards...probably not imo going to...

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:54 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If that's so, then why was there need for DSLite instead of just straight from DS to DSi?
And, you said it yoursef...
rex09 wrote:
i won't say gba and gbasp should be merged, as gbasp had a high gross rate and had a brighter screen, which was useful, imo.

So, you said there the GBA and GBAsp shouldn't be merged because it had a brighter screen (like the DS to DSLite) and a high gross rate. Tbh i think the DSLite did too, a lot more then the original DS anyway.
Basically, the DSLite is to the DS what the GBAsp is to the GBA...So shouldn't the DSLite be considered to be lone-standing?

-----------------
Lawrence Codye wrote:
Getting back on topic now, I wonder if the 3DS game cards look that much different from the DS's game cards...probably not imo going to...

No, i very much doubt it, if they do anything they will make it smaller (which is highly doubtful because they don't want 'kids' to loose the games.) They'll probably keep the rectangle/square shape of it since they have since the original Game Boy.
But...do we know for sure it'll have cartridges? They are in competition with the PSPGO in the market atm and maybe they'll use the download option the PSPGO has...it was announced it'll have that feature i think, but whether you HAVE to, that is a different question...

Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:03 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Well firstly, I said game CARD not game cardridge...the GBA had cartridges, the DS has cards like you know, SD Cards(only they aren't actually SD Cards per say)...lastly, you have a point, the PSP is very notable competition & at least they should get it together & use disc instead of those very losable cards at the least but that is not likely cause I believe that this had been mentioned;

Serpentsounds wrote:
Nintendo's Website wrote:
Input/Output:
A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a charging cradle terminal and a stereo headphone output jack.

Aw man, I didn't even see this coming but it says "SD memory card slot"...*sign*, this thing is turning out to be a portable version of the Wii, it already has it's own version of the Wii Shop Channel, probably more simular interface(as of the DSi) & I think it had it's own web browser as well, I am speaking of the DSiXL on all of these points, not sure about the web browser thing though...

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well i meant the same thing. I don't have a problem with the cards as much as i do disk (the PSP ones are killer to clean)

AND...
Quote:
A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems

'port' isn't plural...Is this saying that the 3DS game card is exactly the same as DS? Maybe it'll work something along the lines of the way that GBA games could go into DS but GB(C) couldnt because of a small 'groove' in the base of the GBA cartridges which weren't on the GB cartridges...what i'm saying is what if the design is slightly different and alows DS and 3DS cards in but 3DS cards can't go in the DS systems?

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:34 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
what i'm saying is what if the design is slightly different and alows DS and 3DS cards in but 3DS cards can't go in the DS systems?

Pretty much exactly what it is saying, but again, what is with the need to make everything need a external Memory Card that is separate from the game system in most cases, game system makers? Please let that just be an old fashioned SD Card slot like it is on the Wii, please?...

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Once again, it's the market and competition. PSP needed to have one because of the lack of internal memory and the fact one of it's main features was the multimedia aspects of it (music, videos,pictures). So i'm guessing that's probably whatthe 3DS is aiming for, more multimedia oppertunities? But yeah, instead of having internalmemory it's easier to have external and being able to 'move it about' if you get what i mean.
And it'll probably just be an ordinary SD card and not Micro SD or anything different. the original SD is quite 'common'.

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:03 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Just hope that it won't run my pockets dry, I mean the PS2 Memory Card would have but I took things off to make room for better things & then the PS3 came out so that problem was solved...& I think I heard that the PSP has Memory Cards with not that much storage space in them as well, not sure about this though...

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The PSP ones did go quite low, half a gig about. (these came with the PSP packages most of the time, merely for save data and not multimedia) But they also went reasonably high. 1,2,4,8 and 16 gig Only the PSP3000 can take 16 gig mind, but the cost was pretty high , especially if you just buy the console too. So if the price of the 3DS is 160ish..then say, another 25 on top for the SD card...that amounts to 185 so...It is quite costly if you get the lot.

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:32 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Well then for me that is exceptable...I mean this is Nintendo we are talking about, they got to have a reasonable price in mind for this cause what they did with the Wii's debut price was just the best thing in the world...

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:06 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Oh, an analog stick. I was wondering what that was. And I'm glad that it supports WPA. I don't think that the DS's can do that. ( I can't play online)

It sounds sooper shmancy. I hope it's not too expensive; knowing Nintendo, they'll probably come out with a new one in a year. D: I still have my DSFat, and have never 'upgraded'.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Refinnej wrote:
Oh, an analog stick. I was wondering what that was. And I'm glad that it supports WPA. I don't think that the DS's can do that. ( I can't play online)

It sounds sooper shmancy. I hope it's not too expensive; knowing Nintendo, they'll probably come out with a new one in a year. D: I still have my DSFat, and have never 'upgraded'.

In that case, i think you should just wait until the 3DS comes out really and don't bother getting DSLite/i/XL. The 3DS has the same features as those previous DS but with 3D obiously. I think it will definatly be worth the investment.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:42 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Is that an ominous button on the side or a joysitick?

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Steel_Eel wrote:
Is that an ominous button on the side or a joysitick?

The huge thing on the left? It's a joystick/analogue stick.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:17 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Darkrai-follower wrote:

In that case, i think you should just wait until the 3DS comes out really and don't bother getting DSLite/i/XL. The 3DS has the same features as those previous DS but with 3D obiously. I think it will definatly be worth the investment.

Yeah, that's what I've been planning. I thought of getting a DSLite, and then they went and announced this one. :/ A year after they release it, there'll be a 4DS, or a 3DS-XXXXXL or something. And then old DS games and the 3DS's stylus won't work for it. Bleh.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Refinnej wrote:
Darkrai-follower wrote:

Yeah, that's what I've been planning. I thought of getting a DSLite, and then they went and announced this one. :/ A year after they release it, there'll be a 4DS, or a 3DS-XXXXXL or something. And then old DS games and the 3DS's stylus won't work for it. Bleh.

Nah, i only think there will be a 3DS XL after the 3DS....obviously something else but for a good 2 years after the 3DS released, i only think there will be a 3DSXL.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:01 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Nah, i only think there will be a 3DS XL after the 3DS....obviously something else but for a good 2 years after the 3DS released, i only think there will be a 3DSXL.

Or they might just do something different all together...think about that...

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I did, but i think that nintendo will just develop the 3DS at least once. (hopefully not as many as the DS*)
But i think theres a high chance of a 3DS with a larger screen, that's the only other way i think they could develop on it.
But, tbh, i dont really care about 'upgrades'~ for the 3DS anyway because i dont think it'll be a major difference so i'm just going to go for the 3DS straight away.

Hmm, i have a funny feeling the analogue stick thing will annoy me, im not sure.
* DS - DSLite - DSi - DSi XL

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

does anybody know if the 3D is optional?? i'm just asking if there's some sort of switch you can push to turn the 3D off (could be a safety feature in some cases, for instance, kids who are prone to seizures [and shouldn't be playing anyways] or migraines). kinda takes the point out of it, but could be useful.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next