It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 itt: Sailor Moon 
Lite Four
Lite Four

Sailor Moon was probably one of my favorite childhood TV shows. When it aired on Toonami in the late 90's I didn't watch it because my best friends were all male and my brother definitely would've made fun of me for watching it. I don't really know why I cared so much, it's not like I would've felt any less manly watching it. So yeah, I missed season 3 airing in the US on TV, but I still watched the first two seasons on Fox Kids every morning for like...two years. I woke up every morning really early so I wouldn't miss Sailor Moon.

The original Sailor Moon episodes were classics, but they weren't that great when I compare them to the later seasons. Half the season was the senshi trio of Sailor Moon (Serena), Sailor Mercury (Amy), and Sailor Mars (Raye). The main focus of this anime is romance, but there really isn't much of that in season 1. It's mostly Serena and Raye drooling over guys that are like ten years older than them, fighting and bickering, and not enough Jupiter (Lita) and Venus (Mina). :( Overall though, it was still a good show.

Sailor Moon R was the 2nd season and was by far my favorite. Sailor Pluto made a cameo appearance towards the end, but there were really no new scouts introduced. Rini, the whiny brat from the future was the worst part of it, but I grew to tolerate her. I liked the villains in the 2nd season more than the original....<3 Sapphire. There's a decent amount of romance and drama from this season and it was definitely worth watching like 20 times. Fox Kids left a cliff hanger at the end though which really pissed me off, because they never had any intention of showing us the 3rd season. :( Oh, and Rini was revealed as Serena's future daughter.

Sailor Moon S is the 3rd arc and is by far the darkest. Neptune (Michelle), Uranus (Amara), Pluto (Trista), and Saturn (Hotaru) were introduced. I thought there was a very solid plot for this season. Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are searching for Sailor Saturn to destroy her because her powers can end the world. There's a bit of irony with that though, because Hotaru is the youngest sailor scout and is a very sickly kid. She never actually transforms into Sailor Saturn which was a disappointment. There were a lot of plot twists and surprises, like Neptune and Uranus dying. Overall, I think I'd say this is my second favorite season, despite it being so dark (and the dub was way worse than the first two seasons.)

Sailor Moon Super S....yeah, I don't really remember this one too well. I watched it on Youtube two years ago but never finished it.

As for ranking the sailor scouts, I'd say:

Venus (love/metal) > Neptune (ocean/earth) > Uranus (wind/sky) > Jupiter (thunder/wood?) > Saturn (death/rebirth) > Mini Moon > Moon > Mars (fire) > Mercury (water/ice) > Pluto (time/space)

Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I watched most of every season as kid/tween. I watched in secret though, and I always denied watching it when friends tried to get me to admit I watched it.

I would even play pretend that I was Tuxedo Mask's sidekick, Tuxedo Dom. :0

Sailor Mercury > Sailor Saturn > Sailor Jupiter > Sailor Venus > Sailor Pluto > Sailor Neptune > Sailor Mars > Sailor Moon > Sailor Uranus > Sailor Mini Moon

Sailor Mercury is my waifu. <3

Last edited by Registeel_Rocks on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:04 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Though I never actually watched much of the series, I have seen bits and pieces of it. I remember one day I was watching the part where this one witch lady was killing off the Sailor Scouts on YouTube. I was like holy crap this stuff is hardcore. Then later I downloaded a torrent for a friend whose girlfriend loves Sailor Moon, though I accidentally deleted it whenever I transferred it to his portable hard drive, and I just haven't had the patience to re-download it. In case you were wondering, it was the complete series of Sailor Moon.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It's pretty cool. Some of the final season is pretty sad, when pretty much everyone dies. I just think the transformations and attacks are really cool. Sailor Venus was my favourite. The only thing that irked me about season 3 onwards was that they turned Mars into a mopey stupid suckup scout whereas first two seasons she was feisty and independent and funny. I also didn't like any of the sailor scouts at first, but now I don't mind them. (still, all the inners are way cooler + better looking)

Season 4 plain sucks. Removing all the outer sailors, making Rini joint protagonist, not giving the other scouts better powers til later on the season as well as having villians only attack the dreams of attractive people was like... wth? Who would watch this?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]