It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Your audio equipment 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Didn't see a thread about this already so I figure I'll start one myself since it still fits into the topic of music.

I'm interested to see how the people of Psypokes listen to their music. Feel free to describe anything you listen to music with or on (headphones, mp3 players, home audio systems, etc)

--

I'm a bit of a Sennheiser fan so you'll see a lot from them in my listing:

At home I listen to my music directly from the computer using my Sennheiser HD 595 headphones. Only cost me around $200 on Amazon at the time and I love them. Worth every penny.

When I'm on the go I have my iPod Classic (120 GB version). I know there are better mp3 players for the money, but I like the iPod's unicode support (useful for my asian music) and its easier to scrobble tracks listened to over to my last.fm profile.

Depending on my mood (whenever the iPod isn't plugged in the car while I'm driving) I use one of two headphones for my portable listening.

The first being my old Sennheiser PX 100 headphones. They were my first venture into higher quality headphones and Sennheiser in general and I'm glad I took the plunge.

The other I tend to use more because they're lighter and easier to carry around: my Sennheiser MX 660 earbuds. Surprisingly good bass and overall worlds better than the stock iPod earbuds (those things are just lifeless). Also a volume slider in the middle which can be useful at times.

That's all for me. I'd like to get an amp for my HD 595 headphones someday when I'm not as lazy (and broke). I had my eye on the Little Dot line of amps made in China as I've heard good things about them.

Anyway let's hear what you all have. :)

Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I usually listen to music from my computer. I have two Infinity Sterling SS-2001 speakers hooked up to a headphone jack and the sound is absolutely beautiful. :D I just sold off my Sony Xplod 1200 watt subwoofer, then the day after someone else offered me a receiver. For headphones, I haven't had any for a while, but my friend gave me a Skull Candy iCon set last week.

I PUSH THE BUTTON AND WATCH THE SKY BRING DEATH.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

When I'm at home I'm generally at my computer so I just listen through itunes on there. When I'm away from my computer I usually listen on my iPod Touch. I'm trying to get some nice earbuds since my first ones shorted out. But for now I have to be content with the crappy iPod headphones.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:21 am
Profile YIM WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I must admit to being something of a Samsung fanboy. My last mp3 player was an 8gb P2 but that broked after ~2 years' devoted service, so I upgraded to a 16gb Q2. I have two sets of earphones: a small portable pair, and some absolutely gigantic headphones that I inherited from my grandpa which I mostly use for listening to stuff at home - they're a damn sight more comfy and the sound quality's better, but they're horrifically un-portable.

My media player of choice is Songbird, an open-source alternative to WMP. It works quite well as a music library, but I don't know how to sync files with my mp3 player, so I keep WMP around for when I need it.

iPods are the devil's work. ):

Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

goldenquagsire wrote:
iPods are the devil's work. ):

I kinda agree with you there; back when I first started using my iPod I used to sync with iTunes and the experience was pretty bad...the program would constantly remove songs from my iPod for no reason when I tried to sync.

Thankfully foobar2000 (my media player of choice) happens to have a plug-in that does iPod syncing so I have parted ways with iTunes ever since.

Also I'm curious about your grandfather's headphones. What brand/model are they?

Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Quote:
Also I'm curious about your grandfather's headphones. What brand/model are they?

Absolutely no clue, I'm afraid; and I'm away from the house for the next few days so I can't really find out for you. ):

At a guess, they must be ~10 years old. Absolutely huge as well. Looks a bit like military surplus from WWII. :P

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I usually connect my PSP to my Bose speakers. They're the size of my PSP in height. The speakers are awesome! They have amazing bass! My Dad just gave them to me so I don't know what kind of Bose speakers they are.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]