It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Modern Warfare 2 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, me and my little bro have been expecting this game for a while now, and he recently came into some money (birthday). He decided it was a good idea to pre-order the new Call Of Duty game. Ok. I can understand that. What I don't understand is why he wants to pre-order the Prestige edition instead of the hardened edition. It's an extra 70$ he can spend on uncharted 2 or Batman: AA, and he decides to get cheap, knock-off night-vision goggles. Can ANYONE think of ANY argument that could possibly dissuade him from going through with this? I've tried many times. I'm sure he can get his money back from Gamestop and get one of the other versions of CoDMF2.

Otherwise, discuss the game here.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've been waiting for it too, after playing the story from the first. Then I saw the multi-player trailer. It looks sick. I'm getting it on release, too. As for your brother, tell him they can only see like 60 feet tops, the real night vision goggles can see like four times that...Or so I'm told.

I PUSH THE BUTTON AND WATCH THE SKY BRING DEATH.

Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Your brother is a moron. Sorry to say so but he is. If he's willing to spend the extra money on toy night vision goggles as opposed to Arkham Asylum then tell him if he does goblins will kill your mother. But anyway, back on topic. Modern Warfare 2 is nothing special to me. While most people were literally throwing roses at Infinity Ward for the original, I must have been one of the few who saw the game for what it was. Boring. Mediocre. While the controls were tight and intuitive I just found the story and gameplay to be subpar. Then again the story wasn't exactly going to be hard to figure out. You play as US Marines and British SAS so the enemies were gonna be Russian or Middle Eastern insurgents from the word go and in the current climate it was gonna involve the theft of nuclear weapons. I got bored halfway through and never finished it.

But anyway... I've looked at Modern Warfare 2 and I just don't care. No amount of heartbeat sensors or gimmicky levels will encourage me to waste the ridiculously large amount of money it costs. £55 over here in good old Blighty... And that's only because Bobby Kotick is in fact Satan.

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

2x4b wrote:
TL; DR

you're right, the overall story is pretty boring. i liked it the first time i played through, but it has a pretty bad replay value. it was mainly designed, imo, to break from the monotony of ww2 people had come to expect from the call of duty series. after playing cod4 i was anxious for world at war, but that game **** on the series' name. i think mw2 will be a bit different because with the overwhelming positive response to the first, infinity ward set out to design not another call of duty game, but a game that would have people on the edge of their seats for the whole story. that may be why they took the call of duty label off it.

my thoughts could be completely wrong, we'll see when it drops on november 10th.

I PUSH THE BUTTON AND WATCH THE SKY BRING DEATH.

Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:44 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

2x4b wrote:
Your brother is a moron. Sorry to say so but he is. If he's willing to spend...

...the controls were tight and intuitive I just found the story and gameplay to be subpar

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This.

Smells Like wrote:
it was mainly designed, imo, to break from the monotony of ww2 people had come to expect from the call of duty series.

Yeah, that sounds pretty accurate.

And, Preblooch, as for your brother, if he's young enough where he think these cheap night vision goggles are "OMG MUST HAVE", he probably won't listen to reason and won't budge until it's too late.

Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

**** IW have filled this game with utter crap.

Pub games are gonna be the biggest noobfest ever

IMA PLAY HARDCORE TDM WITH MY SILENCED SNIPER WITH HEARTBEAT SENSOR SO WHEN AN ENEMY GETS CLOSE I CAN SWITCH TO MY SECONDARY SHOTGUN AND PWN HIM WHILE CAMPING IN A CORNER. OH AND IF I DIE I WILL SPAWN IN THE SPOT I DIED BECAUSE I USED TACTICAL POSITIONING. NOT MANY PEOPLE WILL FIND ME BECAUSE I WILL HAVE UAV JAMMER.

Thats why cybergamer.com.au > public matches

Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]