It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii Discussion [now with poll] 

Overall, which of the next generation consoles is most appealing to you?
Playstation 3 19%  19%  [ 48 ]
Wii 57%  57%  [ 142 ]
X-Box 360 22%  22%  [ 55 ]
None 2%  2%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 251

Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii Discussion [now with poll] 
The Geek
The Geek

But Nintendo has released info. No, they haven't released numbers, but that doesn't mean there's no info. There have been numerous patents, as well as hints and direct info. We know it comes with WiFi to connect to a free, worldwide server network. We know there's downloadable games. We know that the whole point of this system is to be revolutionary; that's why they refused to show the controller at E3. We know that the chips are being done by Intel and Radion (personally, I'd prefer AMD and nVidia, but oh well).

And, understand, I didn't mean to attack you personally, and I'm sorry if you took it that way. I simply read your post and saw that you kept saying that the 360 was great while Nintendo wasn't worth a look at all. Perhaps I misinterpreted. And I probably did overreact. I appologise.

However, the fact is that, as of now, there's little hard evidence to go on for any of the consoles. The fact that people are already ranting and raving about how great the PS3 and 360 are going to be, and how "Nintendo doesn't stand a chance" is completely unfounded; we've yet to see any actual gameplay.

What we do know is that PS3 and 360 are primarily working on simply upping the specs. That's all well and good, but it brings nothing new to the table. The Revolution is well timed; the world needs something other than just prettier graphics and bigger levels. We need a new way to game.

The specs that have been released are nothing more than promises. The company tells you that these are the numbers the system puts out. Nintendo's given us the same thing; a promise that gaming will forever change. That's my reason for supporting Nintendo. It's just as well founded as anyone supporting the other systems, simply because of their big numbers.

Gaming cannot simply be about numbers and eye candy; we're losing the real essence of what it once was. We're losing the games. I think it's quite sad, really, that we're also losing real gamers. Gamers used to be a league of their own. Now, every 8-year-old with a controller thinks he's a gamer. The idea of the gamer has been changed from someone who had mastered the art of the game to anyone and everyone drooling over the latest pretty footage from any company. I'm hoping that with the Revolution comes a return to what gaming used to be.

Gaming was better before it went mainstream. It wasn't until the entire world was playing that it became all about the graphics. The days when it was Nintendo VS. Sega were the days when the games were about the games themselves. Then Sony stepped in, bragging about "amazing graphics" and suddendly the whole world was watching. Then came Microsoft, building a console whose sole selling point was the most powerful graphics chip out there. The world was playing. The Dreamcast was ruined simply by Sony's words of promise for a PS2. The Dreamcast was actually selling amazingly well up until then, believe it or not. But a simple promise of a system (which would take almost a year to ship) from the company that brought them "great graphics that everyone can enjoy" was enough to kill it. It's sad, really.

I'm hoping, in fact, I'm depending on the Revolution to save gaming. Gaming used to be something special. Now it's every 12-year-old button masher dooling at the bounce physics and physics-defying costumes. Hopefully being able to download real games will remind people of what it's supposed to be..

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Stay tuned later on tonight for updates on the next generation systems.(News and pictures.)

Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:43 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Out of all things said..... I believe Jigglypuff all the way! Gaming did change on graphics more than anything else. I would maybe get both the PS3 and the Revolution, and as for the X Box 360 I never played X Box before but the only game that sounded good was Halo & Halo 2. Like Jigglypuff said, X Box only lived because of the Halo games, and if they are stupid enough not to add new Halo games on the 360, it would be nothing more than a fansy, costly, paperweight. Nintendo is the oddest of the three compeating game companies so they'll do great with the Revolution, and Play Station I believed did really well on the Final Fantasy and Kingdon Hearts. I am unsure if anyone said this, but do some of you play a new game and look back on older games (2D) and think they have gotten easier along the years. With games like Sonic Gems Collection and the Revolvtion's ablity to download old NES games and etc. it shows that they haven't forgoten about the old 2D games that test people who go to prove themselves to be true gamers. In my opinion I think the Revolution may leave the others in the dust. To me the elements of games are: graphics, storylines, sound (music), and controll. If the systems followed these elements then there would be competetion(spelling :P ).

Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:06 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: On Birth Island and Navel Rock with Ho-Oh, Lugia and Deoxys
I hear that the Revolution controller looks very freaky. I looked at it in Electronic Gaming Magazine September issue.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:08 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: On Birth Island and Navel Rock with Ho-Oh, Lugia and Deoxys
Did anyone hear about Ninja Gaiden for PS3?? Sounds weird. Wouldn't it be cool if Halo was for PS3?!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

they should make a new supersmash game for NR

Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Rumours are, they are. Supposedly one of the launch games will be an online version of SSB. I think someone already said that further back in this thread, by the way.

Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:13 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

they should make a new supersmash game for NR

Way to stay on the ball, team.

:roll:

Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:49 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

isnt there a gameboy micro?

Yes.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

DUST!

Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:26 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

isnt there a gameboy micro?

Yes, and it's not a completely new system, so it doesn't merit discussion among the three systems that ARE completely new :)

Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:30 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm not exactly sure of what im gunna get but it'll probably by the PS3. Ive always been a fan of playstation but im always ready to admit if i prefer somethin else.
If anyone here who supports microsoft or sony wonders why so many people on this forum like nintendo its obvious. Nintendo have the rights to pokemon so most of the people here will own a nintendo console rather than any other console.
I do agree that online play is the way forward (which nintendo has recently learnt) but it will not be the desiding factor of which console is more poppular. The desiding factor will be the next gen of whatever console you owned last (most likely). playstation will have the large game veriety. nintendo will have the nintendo made games (i not a fan of many of them). xbox will focus on the online capabilty (they've set up on xbox live version of ebay)
the only way we'll see which is best is when nintendo release the 'revolution' after everyone else (bad move)

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i heard that xbox 360 can now play all of the xbox games that people already got.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

i heard that xbox 360 can now play all of the xbox games that people already got.

Not exactly. If I remember correctly, Xbox games aren't immediately compatible with the Xbox 360. You would have to wait for the makers of each game to release a patch with X360 compatibility.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

There will be 2 xbox 360 consoles coming out the core system and the standard xbox 360. The core system effectively only has the capablity to play games (not sure about xbox live) but DOESNT have a hard drive and costs

Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

the only way we'll see which is best is when nintendo release the 'revolution' after everyone else (bad move)

I thought the Rev was getting released first because it had slightly less capabilities and was, therefore, easier to make. It was the Gamecube that was relesed late and that was definitely the death of that system.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:19 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Blinky wrote:

I thought the Rev was getting released first because it had slightly less capabilities and was, therefore, easier to make. It was the Gamecube that was relesed late and that was definitely the death of that system.

I'm pretty sure the Revolution is getting released last this time. But this shouldn't be a bad thing, as I'm predicting the Xbox 360 will fail horribly upon release, making it a two-horse race between the PS3 and the Rev. Not that many people are going to pay $500 or more for a game system (as the production costs alone make selling the PS3 at $500 a loss), so people will go with the Rev :)

Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:41 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The price will probably fall dramtically after realease. In the UK the PS2 released for

Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:08 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

The price will probably fall dramtically after realease. In the UK the PS2 released for

Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:16 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

The Revolution controller has been unveiled...

Main Controller Features

* 3D Pointing. Sensors understand up, down, left, right, forward and backward.
* Tilt Sensitive. Controller can be rotated or rolled from side-to-side.
* Buttons Included. Has a trigger on its backside, face buttons, and a D-Pad.
* Multifunctional. Has an expansion port which can be used with different types of controller peripherals. Analog stick with two trigger buttons planned for left hand.
* Wireless. Totally wire-free. Currently there are no details on the max distance, source or power, or otherwise.
* Rumble Built-in. Included as a standard in all the controllers.

More info here: http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651275p1.html

I'm not exactly sure what to think of this...

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Last edited by Skull Kid on Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Loading... Connection cannot be found. Please refresh the page.
I hope I'm not sounding stupid, but is THAT the thing we use to play on? Like we fight with that... thing? Or is that wireless remote or something?

</center>

Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:08 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thats the full controller, but it kicks ass! I found an article on Gamespot that was very informative, and u have to admit that nintendo was right...

"The Nintendo Revolution will feature an innovative controller the likes of wich the world has never seen." - Nintendo Power V195

You can aim it at different parts of the screen, and it will follow on the screen depending on your actions.
Hold it sideways for a some what "classic" style setup controller for playin any NES/SNES games you download. or attach the analog to play gamecube titles.
A 1 handed controller is definately something new, and im pretty sure the point-to-play kinda thing isnt gonna be found in other systems.
you basicly point your hand and it'll follow on screen.

I find it rather interesting and unique, wich is something the revolution seems to be set out to be.
Nintendo really seems to of gone all out on this one and im just waiting for the big bang...
Im just left wondering where the Z button is...

Here's the review i read on gamespot: http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-15143-2567-x-x-x

And on a side note about people not wanting to pay more than $500 for a system? When PS2 first came out here in Canada... it was $500.... it sold out within the first day. then people were selling them through the newspapers for anywhere from $1000 to $5000 each... and people bought them(they must feel like crap now)...
Just goes to show that u cant really put a price tag or spending limit on the truely hard-core gamer... :P

Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That has got to be the dumbest controller ever released. What were they thinking? That's a major turn off for me.

I can tell a friend will mistake that for a remote. I'm disgusted.

Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:42 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Loading... Connection cannot be found. Please refresh the page.
Oh so THATS what the controller can do.. Well its versatile. :roll: it may look stupid, but maybe using it won't be that bad. Were going to have to get used to them anyways, if we wanna play the Revo.

</center>

Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:06 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Skull Kid wrote:
It has been confirmed that Smash Bros. will be a debut game for Revolution, and it will be online!

FIANLLY! A chance to show everyone how I'm the master of SSB! YES!

Me too! I wanna play as a Scizor! YAY!

-Gardevoir~

Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next