It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii Discussion [now with poll] 

Overall, which of the next generation consoles is most appealing to you?
Playstation 3 19%  19%  [ 48 ]
Wii 57%  57%  [ 142 ]
X-Box 360 22%  22%  [ 55 ]
None 2%  2%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 251

Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii Discussion [now with poll] 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You know, every one admits the wii is the better console, I mean, it has a photo channel, a forcast channel, a news channel, AND you can make your own mini person called a Mii. And you can use the Mii's on games like wii sports and wii play.

But as usual, all of the game publishers are making games for the PS3 and STILL for the PS2. I find that its stupid to do that. But everyone has their resaon. The 360 is only 200$ cheaper, but its still alot, and some xbox owners can't afford a 360, but the wii is cheap, so more game sales.(I think)

When i have the powers of a mod.... I'M GOING TO DESTROY EVERY STUPID THREAD AND PUT IT IN THAT LAIR THING AND BAN THE CREATORS OF THAT THREAD! ITS BRILIANT BRILIANT BRILIANT!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA*hack*HAHAHAAAAA!!...........Did i over do it?

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
The only reason the Wii is doesn't have that high of a cost is because it is easy to make and it doesn't cost that much to make. :)

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:54 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I got a Wii as a 2 day early B-day present! I just want to know...what are some good games to rent on it? My parents already rented Far Cry: Vengence for me already....they kind of know me well...

Also, don't even worry about saying Super Paper Mario, because I'm going to rent that...ONE WAY OR ANOTHER! :evil:

Also, some more questions:

Where can I get a Nintendo Wireless USB Connecter? I'm guessing Wal-Mart and places like that, but I want to make sure....Oh and how much is it?

Where can I find my system code? The think that is ####-####-####?

What kind of channels are there other than the default? (Weather, News, and etc.)

I think that's it.....

Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:11 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Where can I get a Nintendo Wireless USB Connecter? I'm guessing Wal-Mart and places like that, but I want to make sure....Oh and how much is it?

Yeah, places like that. I'm fairly certain I got mine from Best Buy. I believe it's $35.

Quote:
Where can I find my system code? The think that is ####-####-####?

The serial number? If so, of the game or of the system? The serial number for the system is on the bottom of the console, and the game PIN (the serial number) is on one of the sheets of paper that come with the game (-_- that I throw out all the time -_-).

Quote:
What kind of channels are there other than the default? (Weather, News, and etc.)?

The Internet channel and the Everybody Votes Channel can be purchased via the Shopping Channel.

Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:58 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I got my USB Connecter at GameStop for $40. :)

Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:10 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What games would some people recommend from a person who likes all-around gaming, but likes RPGs the best?

Can the Nintendo Wireless USB Connecter be used for other systems? (PSP and others like it...)

Since I don't have a USB Connecter yet, I just want to know....does it cost actual money to buy the new channels? Or Virtual Money?

By the way, Gardevoir~, I meant the Wii number, that I have here:

5442-1569-6661-2633

I don't like that there is the devil's number in my Wii number... :cry: It scares me...

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't know many games for the Wii. Everytime I look up stuff for the Wii I cry because I do not have one. :cry: Zelda: Twilight Princess is one you should definitely get. Remember to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl when it comes out. Many people will possibly be injured or even worse.... Brawless. :shock:

The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector only works for the Wii and DS systems. At least I'm pretty sure. :?

Keep all cords away from your Wii when when you're sleeping. :)

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:24 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

For games I would recommend LoZ: Twilight Princess, Wii Play, Wii Sports (Bundled) and Super Paper Mario. As for the Wifi Connector it only works with Nintendo systems, which would be the DS and Wii. As for the shop channel, you can spend actual money to buy Wii Points which you can buy things with such as past Nintendo titles on Virtual Console.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:41 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Is there any others? I think you both forgot Super Mario Galaxy. I am just wondering if they are going to make another Okami game and put it on the Wii, since it would be perfect!

Now for both Wii and Xbox 360:

For the Wii points, do you start off with any? Can you win any through onlne matches? Can you give them away?

Is there a USB Connecter for The Xbox 360 or PSP?

And, last:

Has anyone been watching E3? They are also making Wii Fit...kind of like Wii Sports 2.0..... :shock:

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I can't remember, I would look those things up for you but....cry. :cry:

Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:10 am
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Is there any others? I think you both forgot Super Mario Galaxy. I am just wondering if they are going to make another Okami game and put it on the Wii, since it would be perfect!

IMO, Sonic and the Secret Rings, along with Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and Mario Kart Wii (when the latter two come out). And personally, the only reason to be Wii Play would be for the extra Wiimote. It's a $10 game, and that's really what it's worth. :x

Quote:
Now for both Wii and Xbox 360:

For the Wii points, do you start off with any? Can you win any through onlne matches? Can you give them away?

You buy Wii Points, and every 100 points is woth $1. You start off with non, which is just enough to buy the Everybody Votes Channel. I don't think you can give them away or win them either.

Is there a USB Connecter for The Xbox 360 or PSP?

And, last:

Quote:
Has anyone been watching E3? They are also making Wii Fit...kind of like Wii Sports 2.0..... :shock:

Yes, and everything so far looks awesome.

Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:50 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, I now have the Ninetndo Wi-Fi USB Connecter! Only one problem...it won't work well!

I have done everything I can...Moved the USB. Moved the Wii. Used the Extention cord. Went to support...There are just a few things I might have missed...can anyone help?

EDIT: Also, I beat Super Paper Mario in 2 days...it's way too easy...I don't have 100% though...

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: On the left side of the street... Take THAT Society!
super paper mario's awesome; I had everything except for the 100 trials done.
I seriously lost on floor 99!!! never played the game since :cry:

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bulkywaters <- Go

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

^Click To Listen To Cool Radio^

Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:57 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, I got to floor 94, I think..and my Wii FROZE!! I was so mad!

Also, look at my sig for my DS friend code too!

Here it is if it isn't there....

4124-2216-8201

So yea...I finally got my Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector to work! Has anyone uploaded the 'Everyone Votes' Channel yet? I love it!

Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i don't have any...my mom wants to chose between the 360 and the PS3 and it is coming to be a difficult decission. :cry:

Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would recommend the Wii over both for several reasons...unless you already have it....Do you? If you do, do you have Wi-Fi so we can add each other?

I would choose the 360, but if you want your own kind of "Avatar" and really good graphics, and maybe even Kingdom Hearts 3, I would go with the PS3...but the thing is, there are not that many good games now, and the ones that are good are kind of short.

Not saying that the 360 games are not short or anything, but take Kameo for instance...In one level, you see HUNDREDS of enimies...And you can kill them all! I've done it! Also, there is the VERY difficult Dead Rising on the 360 as well...

The Wii can own them both..You can have at most 100 Miis, it has fun games, and it doesn't have to have a Wired Connection to go over the Internet! It also has 4 channel that come with it:

The Wii Shop Channel, where you can buy Classic games and new channels. You need Wii points to buy them, but you can buy a Wii Points Card at the store or use your credit card to buy it. 100 Points= $1. Good price, eh? It also has Sega games too like Sonic! The only problem is that you will most likely need the Classic Controller to play these, and they cost maybe $20-30.

The Photo Channel, where you can look at your photos that are on your Digital Camera's SD Card. You can even save them to the Wii!

The Weather Channel, where you can see...the weather...

And finally, the News Channel, where you can see...duh...the news!

Also, the only free item on the Wii right now is the 'Everyone Votes' Channel. It's fun! I'm not giving away any info on it, though!

Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:35 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

- Online Gameplay - 10/10
- Games - 8/10
- Controller - 7/10
- Graphics - 10/10

=D

Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

X-Box 360
- Online Gameplay - 10/10
- Games - 8/10
- Controller - 7/10
- Graphics - 10/10

=D

Yes, but you obviously own a 360.

Personally, I would give the PS3:

-Online Gameplay - 10/10
-Games - 9/10
-Controller - 9/10
-Graphics - 9/10

Whereas I would give the 360 probably lower scores than you said. All your post proved was that you think it's good.

Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:05 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
Guys, you'll have to admit it, the Wii is dominating the charts. I would rank it like this:
Wii
-Online Gameplay - 9/10
-Games - 10/10
-Controller - 10/10
-Graphics - 8/10
Even though the Wii has the worst graphics of the bunch by a margin, it has already proved to be very impressive in the graphics compartement.
Although it has very few online games, the ones it does have are exellent (maybe not PBR, because it's full of n00bs), and with a long list of games supporting online play, it will leave the PS3 and Xbox360 even farther in the dust.

Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:13 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

AND don't forget that the Wii is able to have up to 100 Miis.

Wii Rating:
Online Gameplay: 8/10
Games: 9/10
Controller: 10/10
Graphics: 7/10
Overall: 8.5/10

The Wii is the most unique system out there...at least, for now it is. The controller is very well designed and with many additions. It has and Arcade, like the 360. It also has the ability to add channels such as the Everybody Votes Channel. (I have 100% predictions BTW...) It is also small enough to fit in several places, long or wide...And the good online games are good. If only they had some games other than arcade-ish kinds. Thank goodness SSBB is coming soon...

360 Rating:
Online Gameplay: 9/10
Games: 8/10
Controller: 6/10
Graphics: 9/10
Overall: 8/10

I do like that the 360 has so many games online. The only problem is that I don't have a Access Point and my 360 is in the wrong area for a LAN connection. So none for me. The graphics are almost as realistic as life itself, but the gameplay is still buggy to me. The controller is just a different color and sleeker version of the Xbox controller. Not too original.

I'm not going to give the PS3 a rating because I don't have one. You shouldn't rate a system that you don't even have!

Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:32 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Now you see? Saying that the 360 is good, because you show a shart showing how you would rank it doesn't prove anything. It just proves which you prefer.

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:26 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Guys I think I can settle this. FACT: GOD HATES CONSOLE FANBOYS. Everybody cool now... Yes.. Good. To be honest we could argue over which console is better until our brains explode but the simple fact is it's all down to preference. I prefer the Wii to anything else but that doesn't mean the 360 and PS3 are the worst consoles ever. The 360 is very good and so is the PS3.

But until some members stop acting like fanboys and making idiotic arguments like "Da PS3 suxx so hard i wuld never evan tutch 1" and not coming up with a valid or at least intelligent reason then this is never going to stop.

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:11 am
PROBATION
PROBATION

I love the Wii

Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

I have a wii and it was my only birthday gift as it was so exspensive but I am really glad that I choose to have it that way. I would highly reccomend the Nintendo Wii.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next