It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Console problems. 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Im having trouble with my new copy of metroid trilogy, my wii wont read it, and im not sure whats wrong with it.
The disk is brand new and has no scratches on it.
Someone help, please.

Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:04 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I went to Nintendo's customer service and looked for information on the matter. It appears that certain games have disc reading issues, and Metroid Prime Trilogy was on that list.

Nintendo Customer Service wrote:
Support for Metroid Prime Trilogy - "No disc found" message, single disc

A repair is recommended:
Based on the information you have provided, it appears your Wii console needs to be repaired.

"Why is this repair necessary?"
Metroid Prime Trilogy utilizes a double-layer disc which has a large memory capacity. A very small percentage of Wii consoles may have trouble consistently reading data off this large capacity disc if there is some contamination on the lens of the disc drive. Nintendo has specialized cleaning equipment that can resolve this problem.

"How can I get this fixed and how long will it take?"
For the United States and Canada, Nintendo is upgrading inbound and outbound shipping to expedite the total repair process. Specific repair times will be provided as you fill out the repair form. There is no cost for the repair or shipping. Please note: returning the game to the retail store will not solve the problem. So we encourage users who are experiencing issues with playing this particular game to utilize this repair order process.

"What if I have Virtual Console games or other stored data on my Wii console?"
Due to the nature of this particular issue, you should not lose any of your stored data. In some rare cases you may have to re-download your Virtual Console games from the Wii Shop Channel, but there is no cost to doing so.

This is the page the info is from: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair ... meCode=MPT

I highly recommend you follow their advice and fill out a repair form to get your Wii fixed. Hope I helped.

Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Registeel_Rocks wrote:
I went to Nintendo's customer service and looked for information on the matter. It appears that certain games have disc reading issues, and Metroid Prime Trilogy was on that list.

Nintendo Customer Service wrote:
Support for Metroid Prime Trilogy - "No disc found" message, single disc

A repair is recommended:
Based on the information you have provided, it appears your Wii console needs to be repaired.

"Why is this repair necessary?"
Metroid Prime Trilogy utilizes a double-layer disc which has a large memory capacity. A very small percentage of Wii consoles may have trouble consistently reading data off this large capacity disc if there is some contamination on the lens of the disc drive. Nintendo has specialized cleaning equipment that can resolve this problem.

"How can I get this fixed and how long will it take?"
For the United States and Canada, Nintendo is upgrading inbound and outbound shipping to expedite the total repair process. Specific repair times will be provided as you fill out the repair form. There is no cost for the repair or shipping. Please note: returning the game to the retail store will not solve the problem. So we encourage users who are experiencing issues with playing this particular game to utilize this repair order process.

"What if I have Virtual Console games or other stored data on my Wii console?"
Due to the nature of this particular issue, you should not lose any of your stored data. In some rare cases you may have to re-download your Virtual Console games from the Wii Shop Channel, but there is no cost to doing so.

This is the page the info is from: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair ... meCode=MPT

I highly recommend you follow their advice and fill out a repair form to get your Wii fixed. Hope I helped.

What about english wii's, is it the same?

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:16 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sorry for not getting back to you right away, but after looking for the route you'd have to take, I found this:

Quote:
Nintendo of America can only offer repairs for residents of the U.S. and Canada. Because you have indicated that you live in a region other than the U.S. or Canada, you will need to contact the retailer you purchased your system from, or the distributor for your area to find out what repair options are available to you (consumers in Latin American can click here for additional information). To see a list of distributors, please click here. If there is no distributor for your area, you can select the one nearest you.

I guess you're going to have to do that... I hope that works for you. :(

Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

thanks :D ive sent it off and waiting for it to come back, which should be next week.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]