It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Favorite Infantry Unit in Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (PS2) 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

What is your favorite soldier in Star Wars: Battlefront 2 ?
You can be specific and say the exact name (Rebel Smuggler), or just the type of soldier (Engineer).
I will not accept any Hero units, as they are not regular soldiers.

Also, If you don't know what Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is, here is a link to the Wookiepedia page:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Battlefront_2

My favorite would have to be any of the Engineer units. They can be used in almost any situation, and they can sabotage or support!

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:18 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I like the standard foot soldiers. Once you get the elite rifle, it makes cleaning up piles of enemies short work, even with Elite AI settings. The precision pistol is also very useful, functioning like a sniper rifle, except less sucky.

It's too bad that the snipers in the game are so terrible. If you don't have the beam rifle, then you need to hit almost all the classes twice, and sometimes you don't get 2 good shots. The beam rifle is also a lot harder to unlock permanently than things like the elite rifle and precision pistol. Otherwise, I might use the sniper more.

I'm the regular infantry most of the time, unless the stage or situation dictates otherwise. I'll sometimes opt for engineer in areas with heavy vehicle oppression and no good turrets (such as Naboo), and even snipe if the opportunity arises (Kamino). Demolition/Assault usually only on Hoth to deal with AT-ATs. In space battles, pilot only. Of the special classes, my favorite are Clone Commander and Droideka. The commander's chaingun and defense boost can be useful if I'm playing on an account without the bonuses unlocked, and the Droideka is invaluable as the only tanking class.

This is one of my absolute favorite games for PS2, and one of the only ones I still play nowadays. :] Even if only on occasion.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:34 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have the game for PSP, and it's pretty similar. I love using the Dark Trooper and the Jet Trooper; flying makes everything so much easier (you can preactically snipe from the air if you're good enough). Like SerpentSounds, it usually changes with the situation which one i use, however. Most of the time i play as infantry/normal soldiers. Tho bazookas (heavy troopers) are fun too :-D

Last edited by rex09 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:03 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Clone/Droid Engineers were definitely my faves. I loved wrecking people with the shotgun, and since he can deploy meds it's instant win for me because I love being support classes in shooters (I main Engineer and Medic in Battlefield Bad Company 2).

Jet Troopers are my second favorite, because I love flying around. General Grievous was my favorite Hero unit. :>

I usually favored bombers as my spacecraft in space fights.

God I hope there will be a Battlefront 3 someday. :(

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, battlefront elite squadron or something like that is out. i really want to try it....

Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I like the Droidekas in the Droids side. I usually do space combat, so I also like pilots because they can heal their own ships.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Registeel_Rocks wrote:
God I hope there will be a Battlefront 3 someday. :(

look what i found.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_III maybe R_R's wish will be granted..... (i was actually looking at battlefront 2 on wikipedia, and was going to look up elite squadron, when i found this; there's not much in the article tho)

Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:18 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

aw hell yes Battlefront 2. my cousins and I play this game to death.

standard troopers are probably the best class, but if I feel like playing around a little on certain maps I'll choose snipers. Droidekas, once unlocked, must be used, as do any classes with jetpacks (there is nothing more fun in this game than jumping around like a flea on crack).

Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]