It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Mixed Martial Arts 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I haven't seen a thread about MMA on here, so I figured I may as well start one!

UFC 98 is coming up soon, and I am *PUMPED*.

I've wanted to see Lyoto Machida get a title shot for some time, and I was cheering for Jardine to beat Rampage so "The Dragon" could get the shot. When Lyoto was announced as the opponent anyway, I was ecstatic. As for Rashad, he's a great fighter to watch, and I cannot wait to see it. Also, did you know this is the first time in UFC history where two undefeated fighters will compete for a title?

In the co-main event, Matt Hughes and Matt Serra finally meet, in a match-up which will hopefully see Hughes demolish a lesser fighter, and retire on top. If Hughes somehow loses, I'll be crushed. He's my all-time favourite fighter, and I want him to win this fight bad. I'd be happier if he wouldn't retire, but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.

Rest of the card seems okay, except for McFedries and Irvin (replaced by name I cannot recall, but is all sorts of awesome) on the main show. I'd much rather see Houston Alexander (who pulled out anyway). Herman injured sucks, but I am a massive Chael Sonnen fan, and I'm thrilled that he gets to fight.

How about you guys? Am I alone?

Mon May 04, 2009 12:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]