It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The (Really, really small) Earthbound Fan Club 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh god, I have just fell in LOVE with the Earthbound series! The cocky dialogue, the touching story (especially MOTHER 3) and the simple yet still, at times, challenging difficulty. Who's with me, and can anyone share their memories?

Fri May 15, 2009 9:40 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I've been a fan of the Earthbound/Mother series for a good few years now. It's one of my favorite RPGs, hands down. The quirky dialogue, cultural references, and heartwarming stories all make the Mother series very outstanding games.

The games have a startling high difficulty in my opinion, but as true with many RPGs, the game gets easier the more you grind. Mother 1's random enemy encounter system made it obscenely difficult, so it was almost necessary to grind, though. Earthbound eased it up a little, but was still very difficult to me (especially near the end... why so many Automatic Refillers ;__; ). Out of all three, I think Mother 3 was the easiest, but it certainly wasn't a cake walk.

I would have to agree that Mother 3's story was very touching. It did very well in the aspect that it got you attached to the characters, I like to think. You shared in their joys, but felt their tragedies as well. I'd like to discuss in particular some moments of the game, but I'd really rather not spoil anything about it; I'd much prefer for people new to the series to play for themselves.

My favorite characters? From Mother 1, probably Ninten. In Earthbound, it would have to be Jeff. He's the only "normal" one of the group, and I felt like I could relate myself to him. As for Mother 3, definitely Flint. I admired Flint's strong and silent personality, and he was just so manly.

All three games have this very special charm to them; it either affects you or it doesn't. I, for one, was affected.

Fri May 15, 2009 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]