Has A Video Game Made You Cry? 

Have You Cried Over a Video Game?
Yes 66%  66%  [ 53 ]
No 34%  34%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 80

Has A Video Game Made You Cry? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Gamma in Sonic Adventure as many others have said. The entire atmosphere of the greatest video game ever, Dark Chronicle, made me cry inside a few times.

I also cried when I couldn't get Crash Bandicoot 3 to work in my PS2:'(

Mon May 25, 2009 12:40 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I spoil a lot of stuff so look away if you don't wanna know.

I cried on Final Fantasy 10's ending, because at that time I liked Tidus and the fact that he went poof and was never coming back got to me. But when 10-2 came out it was totally spoiled. I was happy, but it ruined FFX for me.

I cried on Kingdom Hearts when Sora and Kairi's hands parted, while Destiny Islands was being recreated under her feet Sora was waving and calling out to her from the open hole in the sky until he disappeared.

On Kingdom Hearts 2 when Roxas realises his days of being his own person is over.

Chrono Trigger when Chrono disappears.

Metal Gear Solid 3, the whole story of The Boss and how she gets Snake to bump her off based on the mission and the loyalty she had for her country. The feelings Snake must have felt when EVA was explaining the effort The Boss put in, then Snake crying at the tombstone at the very end. Way To Fall (the song in the credits) was the most emotional song I've ever had to listen to at that time.

Metal Gear Solid 4... I think I shed a tear when Snake got through the microwaves and blanked out after Naomi's speech. And after Big Boss's speech with Snake, and him finally dying after finally realising where The Boss's courage came from and her beliefs.

There might be more but I can't think of them at the moment. I'm a sook. :P

Mon May 25, 2009 10:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

searchman52 wrote:
Quique wrote:
Never cried in my entire life.

You... you're inhumane! You're no better than a Reaper!

He clearly has cried before, maybe his selective memory just blocked the incedent because of his ultra homophobia, but he definetly has.

I've cried over a video game, but not because of the video game itself.

Crunchy wrote:
Metal Gear Solid 3, the whole story of The Boss and how she gets Snake to bump her off based on the mission and the loyalty she had for her country. The feelings Snake must have felt when EVA was explaining the effort The Boss put in, then Snake crying at the tombstone at the very end. Way To Fall (the song in the credits) was the most emotional song I've ever had to listen to at that time.

Wasn't it the only song you had to listen to at that time?

Wed May 27, 2009 3:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Crunchy wrote:

Metal Gear Solid 4... I think I shed a tear when Snake got through the microwaves and blanked out after Naomi's speech. And after Big Boss's speech with Snake, and him finally dying after finally realising where The Boss's courage came from and her beliefs.

There might be more but I can't think of them at the moment. I'm a sook. :P

my friend continues to tell me how good of a story MGS has, and even though i'm a 360 owner, it sorta appeals to me.

Wed May 27, 2009 6:58 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Zotis wrote:
searchman52 wrote:
Quique wrote:
He clearly has cried before, maybe his selective memory just blocked the incedent because of his ultra homophobia, but he definetly has.

Just because a person cries does not make them gay, and me not crying in my life doesn't make me a homophobe.

Wed May 27, 2009 8:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Zotis wrote:
searchman52 wrote:
Quique wrote:

I was joking. And... what does this have to do with homophobia?

Thu May 28, 2009 9:54 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Quique wrote:
Just because a person cries does not make them gay, and me not crying in my life doesn't make me a homophobe.

I agree, you're still a homophobe though. Why? Because you're in denial about having cried.

Thu May 28, 2009 1:34 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Zotis wrote:
I agree, you're still a homophobe though. Why? Because you're in denial about having cried.

How can you agree with me and still say im wrong? Do you even know what homophobia means?

Thu May 28, 2009 3:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Quique wrote:
Zotis wrote:

How can you agree with me and still say im wrong? Do you even know what homophobia means?

So far there hasn't been a disagreement. You haven't said you're not a homophobe, and I haven't said you've never cried.

Do I even know what homophobia means? You condescending bitch.

Thu May 28, 2009 4:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Considering i dont like dogs, i dont know why i cryed when my dog saved me in fable 2. RIP ;_;

Thu May 28, 2009 8:18 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Zotis wrote:
Quique wrote:
Zotis wrote:

So far there hasn't been a disagreement. You haven't said you're not a homophobe, and I haven't said you've never cried.

Do I even know what homophobia means? You condescending bitch.

OK, this pissing match is great, but please stfu now, assholes.

Fri May 29, 2009 3:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I never cried during a game. When a character "dies", I can just restart the game and they will be back in the computer animated land of the living.

Sat May 30, 2009 7:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
A video game has never made me cry. Except for the one time while I was playing Blue and I accidentally clicked on New Game. I thought once you clicked that it was final. So I cried because I missed my Pokemans. But I was an adolescent then.

A video game has never made me cry since or before that time. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway was supposed to be a tear-jerker. It was not, though.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:49 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I definitely cried at the end of Final Fantasy X...I could not believe that's how it ended...then Final Fantasy X-2 comes around and you beat the game with the Good Ending, and freakin' Tidus is still alive...all those tears shed for no reason! D:

Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:29 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I never really cried over video games except my red version when I almost had my first lvl 100 blastoise then my nephew deleted it so I practically killed him didnt get lvl 100 til hoenn

Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:41 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

dark_scotomy wrote:
I definitely cried at the end of Final Fantasy X...I could not believe that's how it ended...then Final Fantasy X-2 comes around and you beat the game with the Good Ending, and freakin' Tidus is still alive...all those tears shed for no reason! D:

I reckon.

In my opinion, other than the cool battle system and Dress Spheres, FFX-2's story was a complete waste of time and wasn't really needed to begin with. Still, don't ask me why I completed the story 100%, gained Mascot, and have over 100 playing hours with two Iron Dukes. lol...

Anyway, that's off topic.

I don't see why losing a save file in a game has anything to do with it. But when I was little, starting to play Yellow with my cousin who was playing Blue/Gold/or his Yellow at the time, I got really far and leveled Pikachu to around 20 before Mt. Moon, only to have my cousin accidently bump the cartridge, freezing the game. I didn't save it.

I teared up a little, but I got my cousin to trade off his good pokemon to Gold so we could start over on his Yellow version together. Good times. :)

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DarkMegaMan wrote:
Never cried, but I have felt sad. It was during the ending of MegaMan Battle Network 3 Blue.

Same game for me.Of course if you're a BN fan you know Wily and MegaMan always make it. Also yes PMD2 has had the saddest ending to a game I've ever played, luckily you can be Grovyle in the future on PMD sky.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:08 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

*sniff* I cry every time on Kingdom Hearts 2.....

ROXAS WHY?!?!?! :cry:

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:14 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Lulz, this is funny. When i originally started playing Runescape as a free user, i got to like level 60. I had full rune, and for that level i was considered "rich". About one year ago, i was trading and got scammed for all my rune stuff, and i went and cried, cos it was the third time i lost full rune to a scammer. pretty sad now i know but since i know how to scam people i can do it and not get caught.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:13 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I cried when I couldn't beat the legend of zelda when I was younger. :violin:

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:56 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

EarthBound Zero, I shead a tear the last visit you get in Magicant.

And Mother 3, the ending. I haven't cried like that in awhile. :P

Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:59 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I cried at the ending of Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core...

It was so sad for me to see Zach die even though I knew it'll happen...

Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:41 am
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

kaizer20 wrote:

It was messed up but not worth crying over. =.=

I usually cry when I fail at a mission for like the 50th time. Curse you Need For Speed. -shakes fist-

Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:42 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yes, both mystery dungeons.

kaizer20 wrote:

I don't play final fanasy, but If I did I would so00 have cried. (I am such a sap over when side charcters die.)

Times I've been bad.
I did necromancy. (I had no idea what it was.) Sorry, Cruncky.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:26 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I can't say that I have ever cried but, there has been times when the end of certain games and events have made me sad. Certain accomplishments can be heartbreaking after they have been achieved, knowing you will have to wait years for some games to make sequels is also a good way of making the end much more heartbreaking.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:54 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next