It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:05 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
 So I want a 360... 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

In the near future, I am going to buy an Xbox 360, but I do not know what games to get.
What games would you reccomend? I have a broadband connection for internet play, and I will be buying 2 controllers (no HD tv though :( ). What are the best games for this console, and which should I buy?

Ps. I live in the UK, so whatever it is, it might not have been released here yet.

Cheers
Bluestrike

Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:02 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
You should definitely get Halo 3- Gears of War 2 when it comes out. Assassin's Creed is a great game as well.

Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:40 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I expected the first person to scream "GTAGTAGTACALLOFDUTYGTA"
I never really got into the halo series, maybe now's the time to start...
And Assassins Creed, isn that game really short? Or are my imagination monkeys playing tricks on me again?

Cheers,
Blue

Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:22 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I bought a 360 in August myself, and the first game I got with it was The Orange Box. It contains Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. I myself like all three of them a lot (counting the three Half-Life 2's as one).

I've been a tightwad about my money lately so I haven't bought any new disc based games yet. I have, however, downloaded Castle Crashers from Xbox Live. It's an awesome game.

Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Left 4 Dead, Guitar Hero World Tour, Rockband 2, Banjo Kazooie 3, The Orange Box, Army of Two, Mass Effect, all make puppies go WHOOHOO!

Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:08 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Call of Duty 4 is great if you like first person shooters. Both the storyline and online play are excellent. I actually need to buy some new games as well. Call of Duty: World at War is coming out in November in the U.S.

Other than Call of Duty games I'd recommend:

Rock Band
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Halo 3
Fable 2
Gears of War 2

Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:39 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

pelligargetic wrote:
Banjo Kazooie 3

Please do not suggest that again.

On the plus side, you can download Banjo Kazooie (and Banjo Tooie I think?) from XBox Live arcade. These are two games that don't suck ass, unlike the one mentioned above. :O

Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

pelligargetic wrote:
Banjo Kazooie 3

No.

Only get Oblivion on Xbox if:

A) Your computer sucks
or
B) You don't care about mods

Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

^^

Agreed. I got oblivion free with the xbox, but later bought it for the PC due to cravings of the console commands and mods.

I recommend lego batman, Fable 2, Halo 3, and games along those genres. They're pretty good for the 'box.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:30 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I too live in the UK so I might as well give some input on some good games. Even if we do have to wait a few months longer than America and in some cases, Australia. I'll just get the cliched games out of the way.

Halo 3
Call of Duty 4
Mass Effect
Assassins Creed
Bioshock

Now for the actual games I've found to be spot on.

Too Human
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Fable 2 (I know it's not out yet but if the first game is anything to go by, then it will be good)
Castle Crashers
Gears of War 2 (I guess you could get this... If you like games about big manly men with big manly guns killing big manly creatures armed with big manly weapons)

Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
The Force Unleashed is an awesome game from what I can tell from the demo. Another Arcade game I recommend on top of Castle Crashers is either Geometry Wars or Geometry Wars 2 Evolved. Both are great.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:50 pm
Profile YIM
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Orange Box is a must, especially since you can get it now for about $25. That's a steal. Soul Calibur 4 is good too, but I didn't like it as much as 3, and Yoda doesn't make it worth it. If you like RPGs, I hear Blue Dragon is good, and Tales of Verperia is good. Fable 2 is coming out soon so that's a definate must.

And if you plan on getting Live Arcade games, get Castle Crashers. It's really fun when you have people to play with online. Duke Nukem 3D just came out and that's a must. Castlevania SOTN is a must. There are a lot more games on there, so check it out when you buy a 360.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like the look of the Orange Box very much.
I think my 3 so far will be:

Orange Box

GTA4
Call of Duty?/BioShock?/Assassins Creed?

Anything Massively wrong with that list?
Oh and can someone explain how Xbox Live works?
Do you have to pay, and if so how much?

And is there any particular advantage in getting the Premium Console or the Elite Console instead of the Arcade Console?

Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:01 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

That list looks pretty solid to me.

Xbox Live has two account types: Silver and Gold. Silver is free and anyone can have it. It allows you access to the Live Marketplace to download and buy stuff, to have a friends list, send messages, etc. Gold is what is required for actual online play in games like Halo 3, Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty 4, etc. You get a few free one-month Gold trial passes with a new Xbox 360, so can start online gaming right away. Once it expires you'll have to either sign up for more with a credit card or purchase one of the many monthly plan cards available at most retailers. (I think the 3-month card costs like $19.99 at most stores)

The main advantage of Premium and Elite is that they come with external Hard Drives; Premium with 60 GB and Elite with 120 GB (Arcade comes with a memory card). I bought a Premium and find it suits my gaming needs perfectly, so obviously I'm inclined to recommend it to you. Go Elite only if you're certain you're going to be downloading things left and right and buying tons of games right away. With the Premium's recent price cut to $299, I think you'd do good with it.

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ok thanks.

I think I will take your advice and buy a Premium console, and pay for a full year gold membership. (which is £40, or $80)

I better get earning some money!

Cheers everyone! If anyone has any new suggestions or arguments please tell me!

Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:33 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{charizard} Soul Calibur 4 is awesome, im considering getting halo 3. {charizard}

Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:41 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Since you mentioned "saving up money", instead of a premium you might want to consider this.

Depending on how much space you really need, instead of getting a Premium for $299 with 60 GB, you can buy an Arcade for $199 and get a refurbished 20 GB HDD for $20. $229 for a 360 including a hard drive is a damn good deal.

(This post is assuming you haven't already purchased anything yet D: )

Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

get an elite, with the NXE and the option to load games on the hdd, its worth the extra space

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:22 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 18 posts ]