It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Watership Down 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It's one of my favorite movie/books.
If you haven't seen it it's a movie/book about rabbits using how real rabbits would behave. Not cute and things like that. For example the rabbits fight each other voilently. It's basically about these two rabbits Hazel and Fiver. Hazel is the leader of rabbits escaping their old home. Fiver is Hazel's brother and is psychic or in rabbit words a Seer. They have their on legends, heritege, and mythology called Lapine. They also have words for things we humans wouldn't use. Such as Silflay which means go above ground to eat. Some of the charactors names have Lapine origins. Fiver's name means "Little Thoasand." I don't know about Hazel.

I was wondering what others thought about it.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:53 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i adore the book, and the cartoon from the 70's scarred me as a child because of it's relatively brutal depictions. it's amazingly cool.

i keep trying to get HRUDUDU on my license plate, but some other nerd already has it.

"Fiver" is also a name rabbits give to the runt of the litter, because they don't count higher than that with any meaning.

i just got a dog, and named her Fiver, as she was the runt. 8-)

Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

huh?

Excellent example of constructive reply; contributed to the thread a lot, so I'll just leave it here.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:48 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I didn't read the book, but I watched the movie a few days ago. Since I'm so generous, I'm going to leave a link to the first part of the movie in YouTube AND a link to the movie's script.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watership_Down_(film) (for great justice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gYpLGxAetg
http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scri ... bbits.html

As for my thoughts on the movie, I really enjoyed it. It's just that kind of story that makes something so simple and small amazingly great and captivating. I mean, what's so awesome about a bunch of rabbits running away from their warren and going on a journey to start a new one? You'll just have to watch it, because I honestly can't explain.

My favorite characters are Fiver and Keehar. Fiver is great for his ability to foresee events, and for always being so worried about everything (almost to the point of being neurotic), and, even though timid and weak, so determined on his decisions he never changes his mind. Keehar is great for being that comic-relief character and for helping the rabbits for no reason.

Highlights of the movie: the very first part, which is the narration of the original folklore (I worship Richard Adams for it) of Watership Down, and the lore of El-ahrairah; the part where Holly tells the other rabbits about the destruction of their native warren (it IS kinda creepy); and, finally, the part where Fiver goes out to look for Hazel, presumed by two other rabbits to be dead.

I highly recommend it. Please go watch it now. :)

Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]