It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Any REAL black metal fans out there? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

you know what i speak of if you listen to it.
if so what is your favorite black metal band?
tsjuder would be my personal favorite.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I like a few black metal bands (Nokturnal Mortum, Abigor, etc), but I haven't really looked into the genre as much as I have looked into others, so I don't have much of an opinion on it. What bands would you say are worth listening to?

Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:11 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

those bands are ok but you should really listen to tsjuder. one of the best bands ever in my opinion. i can name a few others such as archgoat, carpathian forest, alngelcorpse, krypt, black witchery, craft, funeral mist, and the classics such as mayhem, burzum, darkthrone, bathory(some of their work), dissection(also some). just at the top of my head.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

^
. \___ I'm surprised you never mentioned dragonforce.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:15 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Cellblock wrote:
^

It might be because Dragonforce ISN'T black metal. Either way, black metal sounds creepy and stylized. :(

Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Cellblock wrote:
^

dragonforce is a disgusting excuse for a band if you can even call it that and you obviously do not know anything of black metal.

poplers wrote:

It might be because Dragonforce ISN'T black metal. Either way, black metal sounds creepy and stylized. :(

it might sound creepy to you because you are not used to it and you do not appreciate the type.

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:57 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Black Metal bands have the silliest names.

Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Black metal fans have the silliest posts.

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:17 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Quote:
Black Metal bands have the silliest names.

Form a sentence from any variation of the following: "blood, death, corpses, altar, scream, pain, fire" and you'll have both a black metal band AND their entire discography!

Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

humiliate his corpse wrote:
Cellblock wrote:
^

dragonforce is a disgusting excuse for a band if you can even call it that and you obviously do not know anything of black metal.

While I sympathize with your position, by all means retract your statement. Dragonforce contains two of the fastest guitarists I've ever seen. And whether or not we want to argue the importance of that, none of us could ever do anything remote to that. Besides... They did the Power Rangers song. :lol:

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Black metal and Pokemon are a great mix, aren't they =P

Anyways, black metal is awesome. I'm a fan of Emperor, Burzum, Bathory(Somewhat), Agalloch(If you count them), Dissection(SotLB is by far my favorite black metal release ), early Ulver (Amazing), Sacramentum, Vinterland, Arcturus. I'm a fan of more, but those are my favorites. And Dragonforce isn't black metal =P they have good guitarists, and I love shred guitar, but they lack in songwriting SO MUCH that I absolutely cannot stand them. But hey, I love black metal, DARK atmosphere, DARK and evil lyrics, which take you into a DARK and forlorn land. Did I mention I love dark atmospheres?
Satan!

Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Wow, no one in this post has any idea what the hell they're talking about. For one, there are plenty of black metal bands out there that don't do the whole "corpse-paint" gimmick (Anaal Nathrakh, for one). Secondly, black metal is nothing to do with technical proficiency. It's more to do with the atmosphere of the music. If you want to hear guitar wankery, go listen to Malmsteen or Eddie Van Halen. And another point, I hate how so many damn people on this forum are such blind DragonForce followers. Am I the only one with ears? THEIR MUSIC SUCKS. THEIR GUITARISTS CANNOT SHRED FOR THE BLOODY LIVES AND THEIR SONGS ARE HORRENDOUS.

Please, listen to proper metal, you stupid poser kids. Even Brain Drill is better than this awful band. :frustrated:

Back on topic, black metal is hands down my favourite form of metal. I love it to pieces. Bands like Burzum, Darkthrone, Dark Funeral, Impaled Nazarene, Enslaved and the mighty Gorgoroth are brilliant bands. Everyone should listen to them.

Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:26 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i haven't heard black metal knowingly yet but what ive been tolled is good so yeah i look out for some

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:56 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I know what I'm talking about..... and you dun even name Dissection? They pwn! Listen to Thorns of Crimson Death, and tell me its not the greatest BM song ever, along with Det Som En Gang Var (however the hell the words are put together.) And don't pressure people to listen to black metal, because if you pressure them to listen to it, and they don't know what its about, you'll have another mindless fan on the loose, or someone who doesnt understand and will never give it a chance. Let them get into the genre themselves naturally.

Let the man who is Burzum, be freed of the bars he was placed within, so he may roam the land again, and quit releasing crappy albums from prison.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:41 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Dethklok :D

jk.

I haven't heard much black metal so i can't really say.
But i like normal metal just fine.

Dragonforce is terrible by the way, and isn't even close to black metal.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:37 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i'm rather picky when it comes to black metal, but the following bands are **** great.

Wolves in the Throne Room
Weakling
Slechtvalk
Blut Aus Nord
Crimson Moonlight

and perhaps a few more.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:34 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

As a past member of an underground black metal band, i feel like i am somewhat knowledgeable.

Some of my favorites are Carpathian Forest, Mayhem, Darkthrone, Funeral Dust, Toxic Holocaust, Kraft, Dark Funeral, 1349, Satyrcon just to name a few.

I really love the darkness and the ambience of black metal, along with the amazing technicality of the drums, its just awesome and so different and original.

My Shinies: {victreebel} {chikorita} {ralts} {bellossom} {slakoth} {shedinja} {meditite} {cacturne} {deoxys} {shinx} PM Me Anytime For Trades

Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]