It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Ace Attorney series 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

With the release of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney today, I was wondering if there were any more crazed Phoenix Wright/Gyukaten Saiban fans out there.

I've been a fan since about August, when I got Justice For All, and I've been in love with the game (Edgeworth) since.

I'm kind of excited to get Apollo Justice for many reasons (exciting new cases, DS specific controls) but I'm sad about the lack of a few major characters (Edgeworth). Any other thoughts on this? Anyone have Apollo Justice yet?

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:55 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I want to get Apollo Justice, but I just bought Super Mario Galaxy two days ago and I pre-ordered SSBB intending to grab it on March 9. I can't really cram AJ into my agenda, but if I could I would. :(

I bought Trials and Tribulations... a month ago? I forget when. :| Either way I enjoyed the game a lot. My friend had Justice for All, and I watched him play it once, but he sold it and I can't find it or Ace Attorney anywhere. I'd like to get them sometime when I'm not in a money drought, but TaT will keep me occupied just for the laughs I got out of playing it (coffee throw :o).

Maybe if I miraculously have enough money saved up I'll grab AJ and Brawl at the same time.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:41 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My gf likes the Phoenix Wright games. She has the first 2, and I'm pretty sure she'll get the 3rd.

But it's not really my thing. Maybe there's not enough explosions.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I have the original, and it is easily the most exciting game I've ever played. Watching everything unfold in the courtroom is such a delight, and a shock. The comedy bits also serve well.

Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The comedy bit actually does quite a bit for me, I mean, most games don't have little pop culture references the way Phoenix Wright does, and I almost died laughing when Mia said "We all know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard..."

Although I was quite offended by the Canadian judge >:|

Hopefully I'll get Apollo Justice tomorrow.

Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've been wanting to play the Ace Attorney series for a while now. They look like awesome games and I've read that the dialogue is both extremely well done and quite funny in places, but for the life of me I can't find any of the games in my local video game store :/

Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:35 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

pelligargetic wrote:
I have the original, and it is easily the most exciting game I've ever played. Watching everything unfold in the courtroom is such a delight, and a shock. The comedy bits also serve well.

If you thought that the first one was exciting, then you should REALLY check out the rest of the series. They all end with a bang much bigger than the last.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kurushel wrote:
pelligargetic wrote:

If you thought that the first one was exciting, then you should REALLY check out the rest of the series. They all end with a bang much bigger than the last.
I think as far as cases go, 1-4 is definitely one of my favourites. The original has a lot of good stuff in it, but I agree that AA3 and AA4 end with a bigger bang.

... Yeah I got Apollo Justice and beat it about an hour ago.

Apollo Justice is really quite good, but I think I might still like Trials and Tribulations a little more.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]