It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Do You Break Your Systems? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't break systems or games but my brother has broken 2 ps2s a psp his gameboy sp twice and a few games.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:32 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Some examples of system pain:

-Back in middle school I always carried my GBA with me in my backpack's front pocket. Well, one day my mom packed yogurt in my lunch, but I wasn't hungry for it so I decided to save it for later. Brilliantly, I decided to put the yougurt in the same pocket my GBA was. Later that day I decided to play some GBA during study hall (teachers not paying attention to the geeks ftw) and reached for my GBA. I was greeted by a mess of slimy yogurt all over the inside of the pocket. My GBA was covered in the stuff. I promptly rushed to the bathroom and washed it off by using wet paper towels. It still works perfectly fine, but you can still see some dried yogurt on the inside of the GBA. =P (I have a Glacier GBA, so you can see the interior)

-My DS's exterior has taken a lot of damage. I seem to fumble my DS often, mainly when I'm trying to play DS and do something else at the same time (most frequently: using the computer). There are some visible dents and pieces missing, but the system as a whole is perfectly fine.

-This one is console-related. You know the Nintendo WiFi USB dongle you can buy, right? Well my first one decided to mysteriously stop working one summer day, and I got really pissed for some reason. I started wailing on it; I bit it, I slammed it against objects, and I threw it across the room. For the grand finale, I took a baseball bat too it. Perhaps I'll provide pics later (I still have the shards).

-As some of you know, Boss Battle Mode in Super Smash Bros Brawl isn't exactly super easy. Espeically on Intense. Well, I've tried time and time again to beat it, only to come up short multiple times. This really gets me irked to the max, and I often take my rage out on the controller in my hand, which is one of my two Wavebird controllers. After several beatings, the rubber grip on the analog stick is completely ripped off. :[

Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I have successfully managed to turn the lower half of my DS' touch screen black, meaning all I can play are games that are primarily top screen (read: nothing except pogeymahnz, surprise surprise) and GBA games.

Also, my GBASP decided to quit on me one day during May last year, and the only thing that works is the sound. Shame, I liked that SP. I tried to take it apart but failed because of the nazi screws nintendo uses >:[ Its now at the bottom of a trash dump somewhere.

Oh, and my yellow GBC died as well, but I think that was just because it was like 15 years old. I still have a green one though, so I can still play Yellow and Crystal when I get bored. I dunno what I did to the broken one thoygh

Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I got a DS on the day it came out. A few days later, some GENIUS I know decided to use it without the stylus. But how was he to play Pokemon Dash without it? He used a hairclip. It scratched the crap outta the screen, but I still used it for the next two or three years, then I got a new one because there was bite marks in it.

Let's just say that Pokeradar is VERY frustrating sometimes. :wink:

I also broke the top off my metal stylus while playing Nintendogs. It wouldn't run in the Agility Trial and well... I got mad. :lol:

Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:12 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I have almost broken a system for the first time. The top half of my DS Lite is about to fall off. I don't know how it got to this state.

Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:46 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: Underneath your bed.Send up some snacks,i'm getin' a bit hungry.
-M first DS Lite was stolen when I lost my backpack and it was in it. Although I didn't break it, it leads into my second story...

-My grandma accidentally dropped my second DS on the ground at her house. Even though it has endured multiple water soakings and drops on concrete, this time the right hing of the top screen is COMPLETLY torn off. It still works but it's just not the same...

I've also:
-broken my stylus from "eating" it
-chewed the corners of both my GBASP and DS
-eaten a paintball for a dollar, which turned out to be US.

John 3:15 ''And God said''Go Sox''

Stan:Oh my god,you killed Kenny
Kyle:You *******!!

Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:19 pm
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

The only system I've ever broken dead is a PS original, but my brothers helped that thing on its slow, painful death.

My PSP is pretty messed up, but it works fine. The top silver bar is gone, and the R button is broken in half. I plan on fixing it up soon though.

I have also busted my old Game Boy Advances battery cover, and it is scratched up a bit, but its in working condition.

I have ruined a few PS games thanks to scratches, but I've never ruined a game for another system, oddly enough.

I have a Game Boy Pocket that I got when Game Boy Camera came out, and I still have it in perfect working condition. :D The Camera doesn't work anymore though

~ Face

"DERP I'M A DUMBASS :B"

Fri May 16, 2008 6:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ok, i now know nintendo makes the toughest systems EVER. my sister left her gba with ruby in it on, outside, overnight, and in the heavy rain. this morning we found it and dried it out, replaced the batteries, and it worked with just a little fog in the screen that went away in an hour. her game still works too.

Sat May 17, 2008 5:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

no i have never broken a system i have owned. however, i am notorious for throwing controllers and the like, and i get really mad when im close to beating something and then i lose at the last moment

Sun May 18, 2008 12:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I havent broken any systems but i have smashed ps2 controlers into the ground when i get mad (3 yrs ago) and i threw my halo 2 disc at the wall and broke it because it wouldnt load + the arbiter looked like a grunt. =(

Sun May 18, 2008 9:54 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My big brother and I ceramoniously burned our N64... I'm not sure why. We filmed it too ^.^;

Wed May 28, 2008 9:36 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Let me tell you the story of my GBAdv. One time, I was by the pool, playing, they held me up and threw me in the water with the GB on me. It wouldn't work for a few weeks, i put it out in the sun, and when the water was all dry, IT WORKED. Now, a few months later, i went to see my daed play golf, it fell on a sand trap thingie, and the sand when in the GB, you could see it on the screen and the sound went cablamo. Next my mom washed it and dried it. It still worked. My dad took me golfing again, and when we were on the golf cart, it slips and goes under the back tire. cracks open. It still works to this day, but R/S came out, and I wanted to listen clearly. That's when i bought my newer GB.

Oh and one time i wanted to play loz:ot on 64, but the power button came off. You can still make it work with a knife that has platic over it, or else you'll get shocked. and one of the contrrollers fell out a window and one was crushed when 4 phat cousins came ove and went on my wooden bed, the bed's legs broke and the controller wass underneath it.

My 'open' button on my gc also came off. and the reset button acts weirdly because coffee fell in.

ipod accidentally in the microwave (i dont even know how that happened, prolly a prank from my brother...) went kablamo

Sat May 31, 2008 9:13 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: United Kingdom, or according to Nintendo nowhere as our country normally doesn't exist to them.
I've never deliberatly broken a system.

My first PS1 died a slow painful death with laser problems and the spindle where the game went breaking.

i have however gone through about 6 PS2 controler all with the same problem, the R1 button getting jammed into the controler so much it doesnt work,

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Krisp: I laughed really, really hard. I should do that to my old, broken DS sometime soon. [/late]

I'm not considerably violent with my video games (only verbally). I'm too afraid to slam them against the wall in fear that they will break..I never like getting new ones, because I form some sort of..attachment with my systems. My pink see-through GBA was my best friend for god knows how long, and I was stupid enough to trade it to my sister for her black one. She lost it soon afterwards. I still feel upset when I think about it.

I broke my old DS by stepping on it while it was charging. The touch screen went black, and cracks in it were apparent. One of the hinges had already fallen off. I can still use it, but only to play GBA games.

I don't think I've broken any of my systems other than that.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:42 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
My right hinge broke off as well. It is hard to play while holding the top screen up. -_-

Here are a few pictures.

http://i27.tinypic.com/rgx93n.png

http://i26.tinypic.com/2z8paid.png

http://i29.tinypic.com/scqsr8.jpg

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:08 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: On a...wait, what is this...? Oh, it's just a chair.
I've gone through 2 DS's now, first one was broken in half thanks to my lovely sister (she regreted it mostly because she couldn't play it)! Give her a big hand. It did work for a while after it broke, cause the wires were still connected somehow. But my brother hit it with a soccer ball, and its top screen totally fell off. I was really pissed off at him then. The second one was broken because I dropped it and the top screen went totally white on me (AARGH!! I thought to myself, and my dad actually said it). This is my third, and I've dropped not as many as the second. It'll probably outlive it's 3-year waranty.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:00 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well when I was 8, I threw my gameboy and it hit and broke my TV, catching fire, causing my house to burn down. Sadly everything was destroyed... except the gameboy..which survived..spotless. So actually I destroyed 2 NES, a PS1, a Sega Genesis, and an N64. Was such an unfortunate event!

Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:25 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm on my third DS.

Number 1, stopped working. I have no idea why.

Number 2, got angry punched the top screen, and the screen turned black. Luckily, I didn't get into trouble, because I told my parents it fell. >:D

Number 3, I almost lost this one, because it fell out of my hands, onto the concrete. The thing holding the screens together was already damaged, and this fall ALMOST tore the screens apart. It barely held on. I thank my dad, because he fixed it. When you open the DS, you can see a white thing (because part of the plastic broke off), and when the screens almost broke apart, it fell out. Well, my dad put it back in, and the screens are still together.

Gotta be more careful, I dont have warranty on this one. :(

My favorite pokemon are

{riolu} {lucario} {buizel} {treecko} {torchic} {banette} {mightyena} {mewtwo} {giratina} {cubone}
{chatot} {wigglytuff} {pikachu} {spinda} {wynaut} and {wobbuffet}

ImageImage

Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:34 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm normally good with electronics, but I sometimes accidentally break them... or they die on me.

My computer and xbox somehow need abuse to start up sometimes. An absolute thrashing got a faulty hard drive to live a month longer... (No more trusting Seagate/Maxtor... Samsung is the only brand yet to fail on me.)

My Nintendo DS broke after such heavy Metroid-playing, but it was abused other ways. Metroid's excessive L button use was the last straw, and now I have a lite. Still have the old one, just don't use it...

I fried my brother's SNES with reverse-current once on accident (thank you, radio shack!), but somehow the capacitors or something forced it on a fuse, so a little case cracking and soldering fixed that.

When I was little, I fried my brother's N64 consciously by using an SNES wall wart to power it. It ran at about 3X speed for about 15 seconds, then overheated and died. I was little enough it just got replaced and forgotten.

Pokemon Platinum: 0689-1181-2075
Pokemon BR: 0946-4647-8955

Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:03 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

One of my GBAs recently died. The sound still works but the screen is constantly blank. Other than that I keep good care of my stuff. My friend has broken about 3 of my games though, and he breaks all his stuff all the time. Rich enough to buy a replacement though... :?

Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Eech ro nasha lo. Someone has necromanced, it seems...

Lucario132 wrote:
Number 3, I almost lost this one, because it fell out of my hands, onto the concrete.

Then I must be lucky. I haven't broke mine yet. The thing keeping it together is damaged, true, but it's still surviving. I might get a lite for christmas, if I get a generous donation, don't get the new laptop I want, or just fancy getting it.

But mine literally belongs on the floor, seriously. It must be shockproof or sometin'.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:46 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Cellblock wrote:
Someone has necromanced, it seems...

Bluestrike contributed to the subject of the thread, so no harm done.

On a related note, I snapped one of my remote controls whilst playing video games awhile ago. It's better than breaking VG equipment, but I've had to buy at least four remote replacements in the past year...

Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{charizard} I broke the screen protector on my red Game Boy Pocket. It still works, but there are a few missing pixels. {charizard}

Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:14 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I remember getting my first Gameboy Colour. <3

I was really mad because I couldn't beat a level in SMBDX, so I threw it at my wall.

Luckily, the batteries fell out when I was throwing it, so it was completely unharmed. :D
Those early Gameboys were really durable.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes, my ds lite. I think it was because I had it in my pocket a lot. The top screen got all wobbly and the touch screen was major off because I applied a lot of pressure on it. I got a new one and I take much better care of it.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next