It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Banjo Kazooie series 
Lite Four
Lite Four

After all the godawful threads that have been piling up in VGD as of lately, I thought I'd try to bring some intelligence to it with a thread about my favorite Nintendo 64 series - Banjo Kazooie. No, it's not about the crappy spin-offs, so don't bother posting about them here.

Banjo Kazooie: Unfortunately, I played this game after I completed Tooie. Not only did I find it's sequel superior, but I thought of this game as just 'average', especially when I compare it to better Rare titles such as Donkey Kong 64 and Conker's Bad Fur Day. It was still a fun game, and I enjoyed it for the most part. My favorite character in this game was Mumbo Jumbo - he was ace. I love Kazooie's general "trollish" attitude, she made me laugh on many occasions. I loved the level designs, and my favorite level was Freezeezy Peak. I hated how when you left the level, all your Jinjos and notes are lost, and you have to start all over again if you leave! The "special moves" were kinda basic, and the "overworld" wasn't all that great (I got lost dozons of times in Gruntilda's Lair), and it's part of the reason I find this game hard to pick up and play again after not playing it for a few years.

Banjo Tooie: Ah, my favorite Nintendo 64 game. All the awesome characters return, like Banjo, Kazooie, Bottles, and my favorite character, Mumbo Jumbo. Since Bottles gets hit with Grunty's spell beam in the beginning, he dies, but is replaced by his brother Jam Jars. Bottles' rare appearance in BT never bothered me, since I played this game long before I played the first one. The story didn't really make much sense to me at the beginning because of that, but I still fully enjoyed the game. My favorite worlds were Glitter Glutch Mine, Witchy World, and Hail/Fire Peaks. Chili Willy and Chili Billy, lol...

Banjo Tooie added new elements of gameplay, such as new special moves (Drill Peck, new eggs, etc.) and better level designs (not that BK's weren't good, because they were.) Banjo Tooie also fixed some things that really bothered me in BK; such as losing all your notes and Jinjos when you leave a level. There was also the addition of "Minjos", the Jinjos evil twins. It featured many memorable bosses like Mingy Jongo, Chili Billy, Chili Willy, and Terry. Some of the bosses are ridiculously hard, though...like Grunty Industries main boss (can't remember his name.) Mingy Jongo kind of scared me alittle when I first saw him...he's really creepy.

One real disappointment was the removed Multiplayer mode in Banjo Tooie; in story mode. You may not have heard of this (I didn't until recently), but there was a "scrapped" mode where another player could control Bottles while you run around as Banjo Kazooie. His dead spirit possessed enemies and attack you. Since the mode was almost fully functional and left in the game's memory, so you can still play it via hacking. Here is a video demonstrating what it does. Speaking of scrapped modes, the scrapping of Stop 'N Swap was really disappointing. You were supposed to be able to link Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie via Donkey Kong 64, but Rare didn't like that idea, so they abandoned it entirely.

Banjo Threeie: Due for 2008. For more information, check here.

Oh, and one more thing worth mentioning before I hit "submit." Jolly Roger is infamous in Banjo Tooie, being a gay stereotype, and he's going to return in Banjo Threeie! :D

That's all. :D

Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:32 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I played Banjo Kazooie and I liked it more than Tooie maybe because I never really got to finish Tooie since there were never any copies around D:<

But yes, I really want to see how part three is going to be. I dont like his new outfit but I the graphics look nice and I think it would be great to bring back such a franchise. Too bad Nintendo lost rights, but hey its on the 360. Maybe theres online play?

=]

[13:57] <jordanw> mine is 4897 4813 7695
[13:57] <Gabe_> Mine is ***-***-**** :D
[13:57] <Gabe_> :| oops wrong number

Last edited by Geno on Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:44 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I got Banjo Kazooie very soon after it came out. I loved it, I almost beat it, then I went and deleted the file accidentally. I finally got around to beating it last year, after reading about the Stop 'n Swap item-unlock codes being found got me re-interested.

And I liked Banjo Tooie more than the original as well. It's not often that a sequel is so much better than the original, and it's also rare that you actually get to start out a sequel with much of anything (in this case skills) not mysteriously disappearing between games. I'm not happy that Rare is working for Microsoft now, because it means that I probably won't get to play Banjo Threeie, what with not having a 360 and all. :(

Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I also played Banjo-Tooie first, it's an amazing game. If you see it anywhere, get it, It's one of the best games for the system.

Banjo-Kazooie was alright, but it was kinda short.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:12 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i played the 2nd one first, witch was the only one i really completed. my and my sister(who also loved the game) saved up 12 bucks to get the first one. she was the only one that got to the last stage of the last boss, then died. i haven played them for a while, i should try again since i'm much more of a gamer now.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]