It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Lost Magic DS 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think this is a highly overlooked and underated games. It has great gameplay and actually some deep strategy. However the worst thing about the game is that the runes of higher levels up are really hard to draw and it's insane! My favorite concept of the game is trapping monsters and building up my own little arsenal. (lol like pokemon) Once again I think this is one of the better overlooked games for DS. If anyone else has it talk about it here.

^_^

Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well yeah this game is highly underrated like most great strategy games. The thing that I hated the most is how there is a time limit to every battle, I think that's what kills the game in so many peoples eyes. Once you get use to that little flaw the game is awsome, the story is pretty good, not as good Luminous Arc but it gets the idea out nicely.

Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I wanted this game but I never knew if it was any good.

What is Luminous Arc?

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:10 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Luminous Arc is another strategy game. I think it closely resembles Lost Magic if I'm correct. I don't actually have it though.

^_^

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:05 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Erm, I don't think the two games are that similar. Both appear to be RPGs on the surface, but Lost Magic plays like an RTS game whereas Luminous Arc is a tactical RPG. Think Final Fantasy Tactics or a somewhat three-dimensional Fire Emblem.

Lost Magic was kinda tough when I first started out in the game. Some runes were easy to sketch, but others were tricky. I found myself at the mercy of the enemies while I wasted too much time sketching out those spells. Taking my own time to go through each map was also impossible due to the time limit of each map, hence I do agree that the time limit kinda kills the game off. As for the graphics, they are rather simplistic in nature. Basically, it's an all-or-nothing kinda thing - you either like it a lot, or you'll hate it. For me it's the latter, but apparently I'm the minority (I think).

Overall, the gameplay was somewhat enjoyable, but the game doesn't cut it for me and I lost interest after a while.

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]