It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Champions League 2008-09 

Who will win the Champions League in 2009?
Poll ended at Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:50 pm
Chelsea 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Manchester United 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Barcelona 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Arsenal 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Champions League 2008-09 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, I'm hoping that this will go better than the last football-related thread that I found, which was packed full of spam. I'm curious first of all if any other Americans pay attention to the beautiful game. Hoping so, I feel like I'm the only fan of the EPL and the Champions League at my entire school sometimes. So the discussion for the moment is for who of the last four in the Champions League you think will win it all? Chelsea, with their thrilling victory over Liverpool giving them a new drive? Arsenal, who took care of business with Villareal? Barcelona, the only non-English team to make the field, but a force to be reckoned with? Or will it be Manchester United, trying to keep their dreams of a Treble alive?

Other possible items of discussion could be as follows:
Everton or Chelsea to win the FA Cup?
Will Manchester United hold on and win the Premier League, or will Liverpool storm up and take it at the last?
Who's your team?

And now, my answers to the above. I think Chelsea have hit their stride just in time to pick up some silverware. Their goalkeeping with Cech has been a bit questionable lately, but they've had the offense to pull it through, and I think that they are the team getting hot at the right time. So my vote is with Chelsea to win the Champions League. However, I think Everton may just upset them in the FA Cup. Everton have a lot to play for in that match, especially trying to break up the utter domination of the Big Four, and I think they may just surprise a few people. I honestly think Manchester United are going to choke, and I'm going to laugh a little inside. I would greatly like to see Liverpool take it away in the last match of the season, and I think they might just be able to do it.

Oh, and my team, which unless you actually pay attention to the EPL, you've never heard of, is Tottenham Hotspur, currently sitting pretty at 8th in the table, and runners-up in the Carling Cup earlier this year (which ManU won in a shootout, which is one reason why I would delight in seeing them fail).

Working my way through Pokedex completion. Seen 418, caught 295.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:50 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My boyfriend and younger brother got me into Barcelona, so I'm cheering for them.
I like Lionel Messi too. He's adorable.

WHAT.

The CODE: 1247-4963-6472

Sat May 09, 2009 10:40 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, now that my pick has been made to look bad, I think that Barca will beat Man U. They're both quite strong teams, but I think Barca are just a step above everyone else out there, especially playing at their fullest. I also think that United will miss Darren Fletcher at mid a lot more than people think. Mostly I just want to see United lose. GO BARCA!!!!

Working my way through Pokedex completion. Seen 418, caught 295.

Sun May 10, 2009 12:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]