It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Resident Evil 4 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Any 1 here ever play re4 if u have post some of your favorite moments of the game and also the scary ones.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:12 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

NO U!!!

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:12 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Having my face melted off by those acid spitting bug things was cool.

First time I saw the las plagas village guys head explode and the um..."thing" came out of it was awesome.

When you had to defend the house with Louis from all the incoming villagers was awesome the very first time I played that sequence.

Getting knocked out of the boat and having to swim back while the giant sea monster is after you was actually really scary.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:28 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ok, I just have to say that this is one of the greatest games ever made. The fact that Resident Evil is one of my favorite game series of all time may seem to influence this, but my fondness has a greater influence on my extreme favorance rather than my admiration on its inginuity:

Every game series runs the risk of repition. Generally, popular games fade from the limelight when their story and gameplay become too similar to the last and dry out. Capcom did relatively little to change the elements of gameplay through the first five installments of the series, and the story was teetering off tangent. Resident Evil Veronica and 0 seemed more important to create back story to connect 1 to 2 (3 had almost no story), and to continue the progression and ultimate demise of Umbrella. In this case, the series had, at most, two sequels left. As a die hard fan, I felt after playing Veronica and 0, the series was awaiting an overhaul between either story or gameplay; it was becoming old and weak.

What gamers received was both. It was initially supposed to start where Veronica had finished, but instead, like Castlevania, the series reinvented itself. Fixed camera angles were exchanged for an over-the-shoulder view, and the play-through was designed to be more linear. The story "eliminated" Umbrella and viral biological weapons to focus on the potential of parasitic symbiots while developing the characters of past favorites, Leon and Ada, without being too campy (as 2 was guilty of).

While this game isn't my favorite, it certainly earns points for the genius developed on the elements. Its ending leaves further questions to the story's development and room for changes. I'm more than excited to hear of the impending release of the next installment, but disappointed knowing I don't have the money to reserve my copy. I'm sure I'll overspend my budget to do so considering it is a Resident Evil game.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I personally loved RE4. The scariest moment to me was when I was in the mine cart and I was popping the heads off the zombies, and a Dr. Salvatori almost lopped my head off with a chainsaw. I literally screamed because I wasn't expecting him to fall right behind me.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

One of the scariest moments for me was walkinginto a room and hearing a chainsaw start up close by. CREEEEEPY!

I loved the weapons and overall feel of the game....shooting zombies is FUN!

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Speaking of weapons my favorite weapon was the PRL412 Gun/Laser thingy.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:17 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I love this game. One of my top favorites!

The game didn't scare me, more made me jump. Haha.
The part that made me jump the most was when I was up against the two trolls. ARRRRRRRRRR! XD

Also, It was always fun going against the two chainsaw sisters!
I remember thinking:

"CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!"

Hahahaha. I miss that game =[

Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:16 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]