Mario's Side or Sonic's
I'm sticking with the plummer! 46%  46%  [ 32 ]
Lets roll with the hedgehog! 49%  49%  [ 34 ]
Neither :p 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 69

Mario or Sonic? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

In the new game for Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, which side would you play as: Mario or Sonic's? My choice is Sonic's.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:11 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Sonic > Mario > Luigi > Waluigi

Don't mess with ma blue friend

Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Everyone knows that Sonic can wipe the floor with Mario.
It is interesting that they added Blaze and Vector on the Sonic team.

Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:26 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

When I was little, I didn't have any video games, but my cousin Amanda did. She had a NES and a Sega Genesis. She could wipe the floor with me at SMB1-3, and I just totally sucked at Sonic too. When I was about 6 or so, my mom and dad finally bought me my own video game console - a Sega Genesis with Sonic the Hedgehog 2!

I played that game for hours and hours and hours. Pretty soon, I could get all the way to the end of the game without using any continues, and my cousin had her ass handed to her everytime we played 2 players.

She was awesome at Mario games, and I was awesome at Sonic games. Of course now I'm probably better at both, since she hasn't touched video games in years. :p

So yeah...definitely Sonic. Too bad the last decent console game came out in '96. =/

Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:38 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I always found Sonic to be extremely annoying, especially the persona they tried to create for him. Also, furry.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:55 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Well, as the only person in this topic actually buying the game, I have this to say:

Sonic > Vector > Luigi = Bowser > Dr. Robotnik > Yoshi > Mario = Knuckles > Blaze > Shadow > Peach > Wario > Amy > Tails > Daisy > Waluigi

Well lookie there! I've just gone and ranked every playable character in the game ;o

So anyways, depending on the events, I'll be using whatever character type is most helpful. In other words:

Events where Power is wise to use: Vector or Bowser
Events where All-Around is wise to use: Luigi
Events where Speed is wise to use: Sonic
Events where Technical is wise to use: Dr. Robotnik

My vote goes to Sonic because despite I like Mario's games better, I like the characters in the Sonic series better, which makes me like the series more.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:03 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I always found Sonic to be extremely annoying, especially the persona they tried to create for him. Also, furry.

Quoted for truth.

pelligargetic wrote:
Peach > everybody else
Well lookie there! I've just gone and ranked every playable character in the game ;o

Fixed that for you. :o

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:50 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I have played both Mario and Sonic games, and personally, I have found Sonic to be far more appealing than Mario. For the most part, Mario's attacks are dependent on his power-ups, and without a power-up he dies in one shot. That may be virtually identical with Sonic, but rings are in no short supply through the levels, and Sonic's jump-protect has saved me in more than one occasion.

Besides, I have always found a super-sonic blue hedgehog more appealing than an Italian plumber. Considering I believe Luigi >>> Mario.

Heh, if it was called "Luigi & Sonic at the Olympic Games", I might actually be more drawn toward getting it. But as it stands, the only characters I'd really like playing as are Sonic, Luigi, Eggman, and Amy. See, 3 of the 4 are Sonic characters (despite Peach = pwnage; for reasons not even I understand, Cream and Amy are the only female characters in any video game I like playing as).

Also, I played the original Sonic, and the original Mario Bros (where Spinies and stuff come out of pipes), and found Sonic to be better. Mario was just dull and repetitive. After I got to phase 20 with 123K+ points I got fed up and killed myself on purpose. Sonic was much more of a challenge.

- DNA

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm an old school sega guy. I have to go with Sonic. When the first game came out on Genesis it was the sweetest game out. Call me sentimental, but I'm sticking with the hedgehog.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm going to have to stay with the plummer, even though I did grow up with a Genesis and most sonic games,I always wanted a SNES so I could play a SMB game, when I got a Gameboy Color I was finally able to play through the SMB series and since then I never looked back at sonic.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sonic, but I'm more for Shadow and Knux for some reason. And I never liked Mario for some reason. I also only ever got good ad the Sonic games (scored some good records on places like CyberScore) , and sucked at Mario.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:05 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Mario all day!!! :) My first video game I played was Super Mario 64 Mario may not be super fast but he is well balanced!

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Poor Mario, he doesn't seem to have enough fans :(. Well, I like Mario better, even if I don't have the game I would still choose him over the weird looking creature that calls himself a hedgehog. That's partly because I love Mario games and partly because I hate Sonic with everything I got. I would explain but you could get me on a long winded rant very easily about exactly why I hate him and the rest of the annoying hero characters I know.

Me, my pokemon, and I (Sapphire).

Shinies: All from Diamond.
Alchemy and Byrd, the twin Ponytas.
Hope the Shinx.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I voted for sonic because i love that blue hedgehog since i was 7 years old

Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I don't know. Sonic is sort of dorky and Mario never talks. He just..... eats mushrooms. At least Sonic can sell all of those rings he is collecting.

Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:27 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I've been playing Mario for so long. I've played all the way from Donkey Kong to Super Mario Galaxy, not skipping many in between. I've also enjoyed a few new and a few classic Sonic games, but not nearly as many as Mario. When I found out that two awesome characters were starring in a game together, I couldn't have been more happy. I got the game, and I was disappointed that Sonic's team was so much better than my man, Mario. Of course, it all depends on the event, but I'd have to say, overall, Sonic is better this time around. Now, for Sonic, a special smiley! :evil: Whoops, finger slipped. :D

Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:22 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Also, furry.

What's wrong with anthros? Not everyone who likes anthropomorphs is a crazy, sex-obsessed, convention-going nut :p

I grew up with Sonic, so that is where my vote will be going.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:25 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Also, I played the original Sonic, and the original Mario Bros (where Spinies and stuff come out of pipes), and found Sonic to be better. Mario was just dull and repetitive. After I got to phase 20 with 123K+ points I got fed up and killed myself on purpose. Sonic was much more of a challenge.

Ta-dah, is this the game?

Yeees... I clearly remember that Spinies came out of the warp pipes, definitely not from that Lakitu guy that was supposed to throw them. Wasn't it so much fun?

Anyhoo, my vote goes to Mario, I've been playing his games since I was two, and I always shall. Don't get me wrong! Sonic is awesome too. I never had a Genesis, but my Uncle did, which always made the trips to his house memorable. (playing Sonic 2 with my sis... so much fun!)

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have to admit Sonic games are starting to lose its touch, while Mario is picking up speed with titles such as, Super Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy. Is it me or is there more to work with for Mario than with Sonic?

Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:17 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

This.

I grew up with an SNES and never liked Sega.

Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:14 pm
Profile YIM
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

What's wrong with anthros? Not everyone who likes anthropomorphs is a crazy, ***-obsessed, convention-going nut :p

My liberal tendancies tell me to agree with you, but just... ew furries.

Meh, I'd go for Mario. Better RPGs + better 3D games > no RPGs at all (if memory serves) + crapcrapcrap 3D games. Still, I like the Sonic games on the old console. I rented the Sonic Mega Collection and I thought Sonic and Knuckles was pretty good. I've also gotten my share of fun out of the first two GBA Sonics.

But yeah, Mario's just that much better. Also, Mario Kart >>>>>> that crappy Sonic racer.

Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Mario Kart is indeed better than Sonic R, but that doesn't stop Sonic R from being awesome.

Also, there is a Sonic RPG in production by BioWare, which I will buy.

Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: On the left side of the street... Take THAT Society!

Coolio.

Both of these games had great beginnings, but honestly all of the 3-D Sonic games are terrible.
I did like race mode in Sonic adventure 2, but...

The plumber's still going strong, anyone who's played Galaxy, Mario Kart, or Super Paper Mario would know that.

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bulkywaters <- Go

Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

*raises eyebrow intently*

What console will it be for?

Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:44 am
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

i voted for mario because i have a lot of mario games.i have 9 :P

Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next