It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Interested in classicals? Discuss it here~!!! 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

When i say classicals i mean form rennaisance to barouque to classical to romantic to 20th century musics.

Say i'm a nutjob or wateva but im into musics from the past. I learned piano, guitars, drums, a bit of recoreder n starting violin soon :lol: .

My fav composers r Beethoven, Mozart, Handel, Bach family, Chopin, Pachelbel and Debussy. Played their songs, hardest to play are, u guessed it, Beethoven and Mozart. Plus it's relaxing listening to these music.

I feel that most people from these modern days won't love these musics, but i really wished there is someone out there to talked about the musics of the past.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:39 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I too listen to these classics, though I mix them in with other musical styles, such as classical rock and even the occasional punk. I'd have to say that my favorite classical composer is Bach, and I listen to some CD's of his music quite often. Also, since I previously played the cello, I have one or two YoYo Ma albums, bursting with music from the past.

People may say that classical music isn't cool, that's it's one of those "Moldy Oldies". This is ridiculous, however, if you hear it coming from someone who listens to rap. In fact, classical music is, in my opinion, the most... well... musical music there is. If that made sense. But honestly, to create a symphony in the "olden" days was a magnificent feet, done only by geniouses who really knew how to make a pleasing sound. Nowadays, if you choose three notes to play over and over again, add a note from a bass, a simple drum beat, and some copied lyrics that tell about how you lost some girl that was "important" to you for about three, you've got a number 1 hit.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:06 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hahaha, true...true. Rap's more of a poem, of some sort, imo. I love rock music too, especially punk rock, school rock, hybrid(LP), not the olden day rock's or even Elvis's though. :P

I loved J.S.Bach's "Air on G String", it's nice. I prefer the late Classical period musics, that's y Beethoven's my fav composer. His "Moonlight Sonata"'s great. Slow movement in triplets. Something like Debussy's "Clair de Lune". All bout the moon, haha.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:41 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm not much of a scholar of classical music, but I do enjoy it. Sonata for Piano No. 14 in C sharp minor (or the Moonlight Sonata) might be my favourite piece only because of its first movement, but my favourite composer would have to be Chopin. I'm pretty picky about my music as well. I don't typically listen to famous works like Spring by Vivaldi or Beethoven's 5th Symphony or Ode to Joy. I also don't listen to many songs with a fast tempo or bright, uplifting feel to the song lol. Not because it helps me sit around and feel sorry for myself, but it's more relaxing.

Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The 2 classical songs I listen to are the Pachbell Cannon and the Fantasia overture from Romeo and Juliet. The Cannon because I find it relaxing, and Fantasia, I learned to love it during my time at Eagle Peak. But I llike most classical stuff... except for when I feel like listening to other stuff.

Desperately trying to close account. Don't PM me, can't respond. Broke and no point anymore. Bye all who made my experience a great one :D

Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]