It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 What is the pokemon, that you can't play a game without? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Where Chandelure stores the souls it burns for fuel! Mwahahahaha
Well, the title says it all. So what's yours. In my opinion it's {metagross} via username.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:38 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

any of the starter pokemon i have never beat a game on the first try without em.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:45 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my Secret Base at Route 116- come and find me! :P
For me, I don't have a single pokemon I can't play without, (I was gonna say Ralts before, since I had to have one in every game since Ruby) but My last games like Pearl and Soul Silver did not have one.)

For me, I need a good psychic/ghost (interchangeable) type in every game as well as a water or dragon type. If I don't have 2 out of those 4, my game experience is incomplete, as they are my favorite.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:20 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Trainer_Tarika wrote:

For me, I need a good psychic/ghost (interchangeable) type in every game as well as a water or dragon type. If I don't have 2 out of those 4, my game experience is incomplete, as they are my favorite.

Same, save for the Dragon type. I can live without Dragon Pokemon. Which isn't to say I don't like them, I just never ever use them... :P But Psychic Pokemon are my favorite because I like Special Attack more than physical attacks, just as a preference. But Psychich Pokemon are the way to go for me.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:34 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cannot live without an HM Slave. Someone has to help me get through the game. I normally have, like, an {azumarill} or something that can learn 4 HMs.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:25 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Emin Jofit wrote:
Cannot live without an HM Slave. Someone has to help me get through the game. I normally have, like, an {azumarill} or something that can learn 4 HMs.

Same here. Anyway, the Pokemon I can't play a game without is my starter.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ampharos. F**CKING awesome. Also, on the topic of HM slaves, that would be my Suicune. Waterfall, Surf, Rock Climb and Whirlpool (or Rock Smash, I forget.)

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I usually just PC box my starter after a while... I also tend to try to train a new Pokemon every time I play. I usually have a zubat or geodude though.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:48 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Well for me it's {glaceon} , a HM Slave {golduck} , the early obtainable bird pokemon with the move Fly & another pokemon that happens to look good enough for me to bother training...this tends to end up being the starter I pick though which is sad...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:17 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

For some reason I'm never able to bench my starter.

I also always end up training a token ground Pokemon (normally Geodude or Dugtrio) for the electric gyms and then bench it as soon as I beat the gym leader.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:27 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

if i can, ill usually have a {raticate}. Sure its stats might suck compared to other pokemon but i have this obbsession with rats, also its super fang is useful reagardless of its poor stats.

I also always have to have a grass and/or bug type on my team.

Sat May 01, 2010 10:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Arcanine and Machoke.

I've had a Machoke since Gold, because of the one you got from that guy in the Dept. Store for a Drowzee. When they addded No Guard I was real happy. I like Bulk Up, Dynamicpunch, Cross Chop, and Focus Blast. Holding a Black Belt (No Guard for ability)

Arcanine I've had since good ol' First Gen. I love dogs, I seem to end up with three of em. :p Anyway, I use Iron Tail, Thunder Fang, Extreemespeed or Toxic, and Flare Blitz. Holding an Expert Belt.

Fri May 07, 2010 7:03 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Magikarp. Can't live without a magikarp. I have a total of eleven boxes throughout all my games filled with them. And dittos, can't live without those little globs of purple.

Mon May 10, 2010 4:22 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I always seem to slot a Charmander into my lineup, goes beyond never benching my starter, to never benching my starting starter I guess.

And a HM/TM slave, Right now I have a Graveller for Rock Smash, Strength, Rock Climb, and Dig

Mon May 17, 2010 7:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Zubat tends to end on alot of my teams, which reminds me of the time I found a shiny zubat in Oreburg mine within the first hour of playtime of my platinum version.
another thing I grab alot of are syncronize pokemon, abra, natu, ralts then when I'm trying toget a specific nature for some thing it goes quicker.

Everyone has a water type on their team with 3 Water HMs its hard natu (HA)

Mon May 17, 2010 8:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I love me some Slowpoke. =) Just because it's my favorite.

I usually just train the first one I catch regardless of nature/stats/gender. I never let it evolve either. I feel like this not only gives me a challenge (anyone can get through the game easily with an evolved starter!) but it also makes me feel like I've made a buddy with my little salamander friend. I feel like if I try to get a certain ability/nature/stats I'm not really finding a partner, but a tool. (Or maybe I am taking the game too seriously, har har har.)

I always feel awesome when I've defeated the Elite Four and there's a slowpoke in the Hall of Fame. ^_^

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:29 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Cinnabar Island - Cinnabar Mansion, chilling with the fire pokemon.
{abra}. Most likely. If I'm able to find an Abra early in the game, (Like how you find one in Cerulean City in Red/Blue/Yellow/FR/LG or in Goldenrod City like in Silver/Gold/HG/SS) then I will catch it. It's always useful to get a psychic pokemon in your starting party. ( {ralts} for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)

and
{magikarp}. I want that {gyarados} in my starting party.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:06 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i simply can't live without {gengar} in any of my games :D

Image Image

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:23 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
I always do my best to try and have a Charmander in my battle team. Someone said it goes beyond never benching your starter, to the point where you never bench your -first- starter... and that's how it is with me. I especially love shiny Charmanders, because black Charizards are awesome (as the sig says, I have about five of them, and eight Charizards in total scattered across three games).

Other Pokemon I like to work with are Swampert (my tank) and Froslass, my favorite Ice type so far.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

for me it is without a doubt {lanturn}, its just so very useful with its unique typing and such. I also love it for it's walling capabilities to gyms

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I usually try to have as much variety as possible, so I usually have both a water and fire type. Steel sometimes works its way in there, too. If it's possible to get an Espeon in the game, I MUST have it.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:38 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

For me i have to have a scyther for my official team (stupid elete four kill scythers types like it was nothing) caught one first time in bug catching contest and loved them since

I also need a good fire and water type (last game it hapened to be lapras and magmar) as well as a guy to cover most weaknesses

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:01 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Jolteon and magikarp FTW
Jolteon has mad Sp Atk, and speed
and magikarp becomes gyrados, who pwns

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:34 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

In every generation {geodude} appears very early in the game and I usually stick with it 'till the end.

I also tend to pick {spearow} over {pidgey} and stick with it. I know there are better flying types but by the time they're abailable, I've already grown fond of the guy, hehe.

I remember how both {geodude} and {spearow} helped in the first Gym battles of the Jotho games: {geodude} against Falkner, Bugsy and Whitney and {spearow} against Morty and Chuck (it learns Pursuit).

Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I will say my favorite pokemon of all time , gardevoir =D

il never forget the time i caught my ralts using a net ball thinking it was a bug or something XD

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next