It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 807 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next
 What do you want in future Pokemon Games? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think there should be a TRAINER CHARACTER CREATOR. I honestly hate Dawn's outfit, can we get something that we wouldn't freeze in reality walking through Snowpoint City? I hate miniskirts.

Newest: Kangaskhan

Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:34 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ShotDuck wrote:

More abilities, they use intimidate on too much pokémon just because it is really easy to give to any monster or "intimidating" pokémon (I'm thinking about Shinx, it's like a cute small cat that goes like "shinx!" wich is [sarcasm] VERY FRIGHTENING [/sarcasm])

maybe only if intimidating pokemon is higher level. that would work. level three shinx. dialga is scareded. fail.

Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It is as simple as this.........
remake :censored: GOLD, SILVER AND CRYSTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:frustrated:
Also if you coul choose to be evil, that woould be GREAT!!
One last thing, could {unown b} {unown c} {unown d} {unown e} {unown f} {unown g} {unown h} {unown i} {unown j} {unown k} {unown l} {unown m} {unown n} {unown p} {unown q} {unown r} {unown t} {unown u} {unown v} {unown w} {unown x} {unown y} {unown z} {unown !} {unown ?} Unowns do any :frustrated: :censored: thing besides Hidden Power?!?!?!

Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:18 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'd really like to see more touch-screen implementation with the storage boxes. The whole process could be a hundred times easier if they'd let put something on the bottom screen, allowing you to drag Pokemon around instead of shuffling them around the old way. I figured something like that would've been a given with touch controls, but was surprised and disappointed to find it absent.

I'd also like a remake of the Johto generation. Most of the Johto Dex Pokemon are pretty ugly or stupid (Pineco?!), but still, it's the only generation I haven't played, and it would make completing my Pokedex in Pearl easier.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm particularly new to the Psypoke forums but for a long time I've visited the Psypoke site and felt it was a great resource for me. That being said I have been playing pokemon since I was four and still have yet to grow tired of it, despite its somewhat repetitive storyline that you sometimes have to trick yourself into wanting to play again.
Now since I've played from Pokemon Red and even Green :shock: to Pokemon Pearl I've noticed a few things that will always make this game franchise :? ... less lucrative to Nintendo and fun to the person who buys the game over and over again. So three key additions to Pokemon that I'd suggest are as follow.

1. Customizable Hero/Heroine: They should allow the player to create his own character because now we've come to the point where if a really popular game come out with internet capabilities then just about everyone is going to rush to the nearest free wifi coffee house or actually figure out how to connect to there internet and battle, trade all those goodies that make a online community so wholesome and fun, and a little bit competitive. I did realize that in D/P they did attempt this sort of but this should only be considered a first step and they go forward on Pokemon Platinum and make your starting character customizable so that we can throw away the dumb boy/girl selection, or at least give the player a alternative.

2. Traveling to Other Regions: Back about a 100 years ago in Pokemon GS/C when we were still playing on the Gameboy Color, there was a post-adventure after you had beaten everything in the Jhoto Region where you could then travel to the Kanto region. Thee you could battle the Gym Leaders there that were actually more of a challenge in my opinion because they actually had some diversity in their Pokemon's moves. It was also a lot easier to collect every last Pokemon because you could actually go to both regions and catch the Pokemon instead of trading(Assuming you have friends with the opposite game.) or if your a complete loser you decided to hack (Don't feel bad I "Gamesharked" my Pokemon Ruby, I'm being a hypocrite.) In Pokemon Platinum, they should allow you to travel to the other regions that you didn't get to go to.

3. Camera Angles: This one annoys me the most not so much because it bad, its just not pragmatic. In most games, (And this does go for DS games) they have a choice in different camera angles. I would really enjoy it if you could have the option of a first person camera, or a free angle camera that you could maybe you the stylus to twist the camera around with. However, this only works in theory, because it has already been discussed that you can only add some many camera angle and with every different camera angle, there must a different type of detail. Despite this small barrier of detail this could most likely being the most likely add-on we could see with the way technology is improving.

Now this is pretty much it, but its not like that if these weren't added the game would lose all of its customers it just that its time we've really started to explore what we can do with video games now that we are technically in the 7th Generation of Gaming Platforms and we are getting to the point where details and graphics won't get much better. Thats all I have to say if you wish to leave a comment just reply or visit me at http://www.rightyhq.webs.com

So that it and for my trademark exit
Righty, out. 8-)

Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:05 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Post Re:
ALEX wrote:
The game could have:
All pokemon catchable in one version of a game. (inclucing Mew, Cebiri, Jiruaui, and Dexoys)
Day and Night
Pokegear: Cell Phone, Raido, Map, Time, Trainer Eyes, etc.
All the regions ever made. (like Kanto, Jonho, Hoenn, Orre, and a new region)
Pictures back to Gold and Silver, no 3D. (I think Gold and Silver's 2D pictures looks better.
An hideout which you could let out your pokemon to play.
Your lead pokemon follows you around.
Bigger storeage space.
Pokemon contests are back.
Indefide pokeblock feeding. (I like watching my pokemon eat the blocks happily.)
Ablely to play with your pokemon when they are breeding.
Pokemon hunger meter with pokefood. (I think you should keep them as pets, too.)

Well, that my list of ideas!

I agree with most of that, except for the "all pokemon catchable in one game"

The lead pokemon fallowing you around would be awesome, a definite "buy-game" feature

The all regions would be the best! I would hope that you would start in Kanto, then Johto, then Hoenn, Sinnoh, New region, Orr, Fiorre.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:45 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I wish they would make cooler evolutions...EXAMPLES: {tangrowth} {lickilicky} {probopass} :frustrated: The coolest poke mon in the game to me are- {garchomp} {lucario}.

I also think they should make more dragon pokemon! {dragonite} {kingdra} {altaria} {salamence} {latios} {latias} {garchomp} {palkia} {dialga} {rayquaza} LONG LIVE THE DRAGONS!!!! :mrgreen:

Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:57 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

DragonTrainer666 wrote:
I also think they should make more dragon pokemon!

I dunno, I kinda agree and kinda disagree. On one hand, the dragons are awesome, usually some the coolest ones available, but on the other hand, the fact that there's so few of them makes those few we do get more unique and special. If they made a lot more, it would cheapen the type as a whole.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

1. Having six slots for techniques instead of just four. In the show Pokemon can know more than four techniques at once, so I think the game should have that as well.

2. Being able to customize your main character more instead of just being able to choose them being a boy or girl. You should be able to...
-Choose there gender
-Choose there age group. Child (About 10 years old, the age people can become a Pokemon Trainer in the show), Teenager (About 16 years old) or Adult (About 21 years old)
-Choose there hairstyle and color
-Choose there skin color
-Choose there outfit and color
-Choose there backback and color

3. Besides just a Poke Mart and Poke Center, I think there should be another store like a Poke Mall or something, where Trainers can be accessories for themselves, like new outfits, backbacks, additions to the Pokedex or Poke Nav etc.

4. Being able to travel to all four regions. When you start the game you can choose which region you start off in, for instance if you choose Kanto, then you will live in Pallet Town, your rival will be Gary, and you choose Charmander, Squirtle or Bulbasaur as your starter Pokemon. Once you defeat the Elite Four and Champion of that region, then you can choose another region to compete in. If you go to the Pokemon professor in that region, you can choose on of the three starter Pokemon from that region as well.

5. Have Pokemon Tournaments like in the show. Before you can challenge the Elite Four you have to enter the Pokemon championship and win it before fighting the elite four. Each region will have their own Tournaement.

6. You should be able to challenge a Gym Leader again once you defeated them already. Like after defeating the Elite Four in the area, you have the option to go to a gym leader again and rechallenge them, but this time they're Pokemon will be much more powerful, fully evolved, and have six each. If you manage to defeat them again, the'll give you a very rare TM. And even if you manage to defeat them again, you can fight them again and again if you please.

7. Pokemon food gauges. I think Pokemon have to be fed like in real life. Once there food gauge gets low you either have to give them food you bought at the Poke mart, or go to a Pokemon Center and they should have a restaurant and hotel inside of them like they do in the show.

8. After defeating the Elite Four and Champion from every region, then you get to challenge the Pokemon Master, but his Pokemon are severely hard, like at Level 100 nearly impossible to beat. IF you manage to defeat him, then you become the Pokemon Master and thus ends the story part of the game, though you can still play around and explore.

9. Have more characters from the anime appear in the video game. You can also battle against them for fun. For instance if you enter a contest you can run into May or Dawn and have to battle them with Pokemon from the show.

10. Make Pokemon Contests more similar to the anime, where you also have to battle to win.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:53 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

they should give legendaries genders like mewtwo like what if people acidently release a legendary then at least the would have probably of had and egg and when it hatchesit was a lvl 5 {mewtwo}. and they should make it that {mewtwo} would eventually evolve into {mew} then more people would be playing and stop calling the game queer.

THE BEATINGS WILL GET WORSE UNTIL TAXES ARE ELIMINATED

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

better daycare-

choose which moves you want to keep
ability to visit your pokemon

rechallenge gyms (touched on in emerald)

pokemon evolving by hate (example- get an eevee's love for you low enough and make it faint- evolves into ectopleon, the ghost eeveelution)

dual typed moves

customizable trainers

a baby khangaskan (release a normal khangaskan!)

better battle animations

3D battle screens

make ingame decisions affect storyline

Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think I'd want trainer customization [[if thats a word xP]]
Like so that we'd be able to make our own trainers, or customize them to our likings or to match ourselves.
Or maybe weather changes, like making it a little realistic. It shouldn't be always sunny imo.
And better animations, like actually seeing the pokemon get hurt in the game,
not just flashing. =PPP

PM me for a battle. :]

Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:09 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

first of all they have to make Johto remakes i mean they can't just remake Kanto all of the sudden and not remake Johto even if the 2nd Gen pkmn aren't that great compared to other Gens i haven't played thru the Johto storyline yet and ever since FireRed & LeafGreen were released i've been waiting for a Johto remake

anyways what i would love to see in future games is:

1. ability to travel thru all 4 main series regions
2. ability to choose between being a trainer, a coordinator or maybe even both
3. that contests have a battle round much like the anime
4. trainer customization like in PBR although not so much cuz im not that creative
5. ability to choose in which region you start in and depending on your choice the order that you visit the remaining regions will be arranged

EX. if you choose to start in Hoenn you'll travel in this order
1. Hoenn (obviously)
2. Sinnoh
3. Kanto
4. Johto

OR
1. Kanto
2. Johto
3. Hoenn
4. Sinnoh

OR
1.Johto
2.Kanto
3. Sinnoh
4. Hoenn

OR
1.Sinnoh
2. Hoenn
3. Johto
4. Kanto

P.S. The all regions idea will probably work best for the last game of Pokemon. You know to like let you live the history of Pokemon

* and also there is a way that you can get all the starters from one region BEFORE the E4 without risking your save file, but youll need help from a friend

Last edited by GrassStarterFan on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:12 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i want a water /fire type i just think it would be funny

Just Got Soul Silver!
3-14-10

PM me if you want to battle or trade.
FC:1676 9742 6708 (Platnum)
FC:4426 3660 4204 (SoulSilver)
Pokemon: {torterra} {feraligatr} {charizard} {electivire} {kingdra} {dusknoir}

Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

The trainer customization idea sounds excellent :)

And the ability to take an airplane to other regions and challenge their gyms

And the ability to adjust options and save in the middle of a battle

Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'd like to see all the regions intermeshed and the rest of japan in one game (maybe in a couple more generations) I'd also like to see a main series console pokemon game true to the handhelds, though with better graphics.

Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Instant IV check on the game. this would fasten the breeding projects tremendeously.
NO all regions in the same game. NO breeding legends. NO all events without event. NO more too overcentralizing idiotic pokemon like Chomp and Lucario. NO more too Uber pokemon over BST 680 like Arceus.

Johto back. The best region in the game, the only game that had enjoyable in-game, good story and etc. (My favourite place is for some reason Tohjo falls, + routes 28 - 46 + Dark Cave + Dragon-s Den, + Ilex forest).

Maybe ideataking part of nintendo, who would take like new consepts for Pokemon. (For example, Smogon's CAP project has some incredibly good all done pokes)

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:13 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Many of these ideas could destroy everything that makes pokemon fun, if done incorrectly. But how about this; 'fusions' Three magnemite would evolve into a single magneton. Or cross breeding. Random thought, I do NOT want to see ditto evolve in any coming games.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:24 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

-Redesigned touch screen while battling
-More places to go
-travel no pokemon with you so there wont be a missingno whenever you encounter a pokemon

Im Jirachi. Yes, you heard me. Don't Believe me? Fine, go ahead, see if I care. I used to have clear evidence a while ago. Too bad, maybe next time. Eventually, I will meet you again someday in the future, I will know you, but you wont know me.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:07 am
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

You know, I'm glad they fixed/changed some things since the G/S/C days (The last gen I played before Diamond), but they changed some really good stuff, and left some things out that they have no excuse for.

So, I've separated these into 3 catigories: The Blue is what they should have and never did, Yellow is what they have/once had and need to expand upon, and Red are things that they need to bring back.

1. Character customability.
2. All regions and starters accessible.
3. Three Words: Four-Way Battles.
4. No need for events.
5. Online Matchmaking.
6. Character speaks/ No Silent Protagonist.
7. The Elite 4 just accepts being the :censored: Elite 5 already.
8. Red.
9. Old Mystery Gift.
10. Return of Trainer House.

------------------Elaboration--------------------

1 - A lot of customablility. Age, height, weight, distribution of weight: I never want to see the same trainer avatar twice online.
2 - Just like GrassStarterFan said, only each time you go to a new region, and meet that reagon's professor, you get to choose a starter from that gen too, for a total of 4 starters available per game.
3 - So you can fight in a free-for-all against 3 friends, rather than only 2-on-2, for a more intense match.
4 - Everything obtainable normally in the game, or at least available to anyone who can get to a gamestop. Like, you don't have a set date you need to get the event, it's a small GBA cartridge ranging from $5-10 and gives all the necessary items.
5 - You don't need a friend code to meet people online. You can just go into a randomly generated match with people at a skill level equal to yours.
6 - Like Dating sims or RPGs; You meet an NPC, they ask a question, and you chose from a small list of legitimate responses, each with a different reaction. They tried this, but it was really poorly done--it was too open, and complex. Give you 4 full sentences to choose, each changing the flow of events. Relationships with NPCs can be made through this to make a better game.
7 - There are 4 of you and the champion. Just accept the :censored:ing champion into the group already. There are 5 of you. It's mean to single-out people.
8 - Running into Red was awesome in G/S/C. Bring that back, only this time, bring EVERY past gen player character back (based on your picked gender too. So if you're playing as a male in it, all of them are male).
9 - The G/S/C Mystery Gift was awesome and better than the latest. The latest doesn't give you a random item, only event items which you'll rarely ever get. Bring the old one back. Heck, you can even combine #4 with it so you can obtain the items without events!
10 - This and #9 go hand-in-hand. In G/S/C, in Viridian city you could fight the trainer you just used the Mystery Gift with once per day. The person's party is composed of the player's party at the time of the Mystery Gift. This would be great, since it's like facing a less skilled version of your friend--and gaining experience and money from doing so! I loved this feature, and the eliminated it with the second gen. Bring it back, and you'll satisfy some old fans.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
10 - This and #9 go hand-in-hand. In G/S/C, in Viridian city you could fight the trainer you just used the Mystery Gift with once per day. The person's party is composed of the player's party at the time of the Mystery Gift. This would be great, since it's like facing a less skilled version of your friend--and gaining experience and money from doing so! I loved this feature, and the eliminated it with the second gen. Bring it back, and you'll satisfy some old fans.

This was done in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. Just that it was a "Secret Base" instead.

Quote:
2. All regions and starters accessible.

No

Quote:
7. The Elite 4 just accepts being the :censored: Elite 5 already

There is not an Elite 5. This is how it is. 4 Elite Trainers and then the Champion who is separate from the Elite Four.

Quote:
6. Character speaks/ No Silent Protagonist.

Now this I like. When Lucas and Dawn are called a couple I always wanted to see their reactions to it.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm liking the Johto remakes and Consol Game ideas. I think the ability to re-match gyms is a must-have in all games.

An Evelution for Ditto? Holy Crap! What the heck would it be? A ditto traded with Upgrade makes.... what? Ditto2? What the heck could possibly come from Ditto?? Transform and, what? Maybe Mimic.

Custom Trainers was somehting I've said before, and have obviously made their way down throughout the pages. Another Idea, Aprenticeships. Kinda like a custom trainer. What you could do is become an aprentice to, say, a Hiker or a Swimmer, and then you're avatar can change accordingly. Also, these could have benifits, like Swimmers don't need a pokemon to use Surf, or Divers don't need a pokemon that uses Dive, Hikers don't need a Rock Smash pokemon. Etc etc, you know?

Fan Clubs, they need them more interactive. You know, you gain fans when you beat the pokemon league, or you fill your Dex's, or beat the pokemon league X amount of Times, beat all the gym leaders X amount of times, trade X amount of times. The more Fans you get the more you appear on TV/ get discounts from stores or something. Maybe the more popular you are the more a "Super NPC" appears. Like, say, Champion Steven was in Emerald or Red as someone said. You know, just an idea.

They do need an easier way to get to Nintendo events. I always hated the idea of those, but it makes sense. It's like a status symbol if you have a Mew or Lugia or something. You know? That may be a reason they don't make a Johto remake, because Lugia and Hoho are, like, Nintendo Event specialties. I remember how cool my friends thought I was when I got MEW on Red, then traded it over to Silver. I was the man... oh yeah.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

There is the thing in nearly all games, that E4 has 1 OU pokemon, but Champion has 3. This separates them, outside of diversity and levels.

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:59 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I would really like;

Being able to beat the Champion [elite 4] then actually becoming the campion. Sitting in the room, having your own personal pokemon nurse. Then the game generates random little n00bs to come battle you because they think they have what it takes to become a Pokemon Master!!!

and

Having some new pokemon only available through cross breeding. (Gardgar. Gardevoir + Gengar)

and

Being able to say "no" to trainer battles. It's annoying when you're last pokemon is paralyzed @ 5% health and you're 1 inch away from the Pokecenter when a trainer decided to battle you. Then you get bumped all the way back to the last pokemon center instead of the new one that you're in spitting distance of. That's illogical in reality.

Already mentioned; Customizable trainers, More pokes, travel in more directions + new storyline.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Jeneus wrote:
I would really like;

Being able to beat the Champion [elite 4] then actually becoming the campion. Sitting in the room, having your own personal pokemon nurse. Then the game generates random little n00bs to come battle you because they think they have what it takes to become a Pokemon Master!!!

and

Having some new pokemon only available through cross breeding. (Gardgar. Gardevoir + Gengar)

and

Being able to say "no" to trainer battles. It's annoying when you're last pokemon is paralyzed @ 5% health and you're 1 inch away from the Pokecenter when a trainer decided to battle you. Then you get bumped all the way back to the last pokemon center instead of the new one that you're in spitting distance of. That's illogical in reality.

Already mentioned; Customizable trainers, More pokes, travel in more directions + new storyline.

Jesus, I've always wanted to be able to be the freaking champion instead of mysteriously going back in time when I beat him. So annoying.

Cross-breeding is meh...

YES! Saying no to trainer battles! That would be freaking sweet! Although it would make getting through Rock Tunnel almost too easy...

Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 807 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next