It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Right in the Childhood (for adult eyes only) 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Ash, Red - they are a lie.
The entire anime is a lie.
The games are there to perpetuate a lie. Ash is in a coma - the reason that Pokemon keep getting more absurd? He's deeper in the coma, with no connection to reality. Can't explain how it works? Make a pokemon!

(Warning: some adult content follows. Clcik at your own risk).
It's all right here: http://cartoonoveranalyzations.com/2009 ... explained/

This will explain chandelur. And Rotom. And every ridiculous pokemon created after RSE.
I hate these people that over-analyze EVERY SINGLE ITEM. My childhood is now a lie, this cannot be unread!

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Are you high?

Goodbye
"

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:38 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I didn't write it - some other person did.

(The cruel thing is, I've never been high - and I still can't come up with this on my own).

Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Alright. You had me worried there for a second.
Yeah I heard of it. But the problem is, from what I realized, is when one is in a coma, there memory gets screwed up. Sometimes they get total amnesia. Sometimes its a loss of short-term memory. In this case, Brock would disprove this theory. He is a dynamic character, so he changes throughout the show. i.e.: He gets smarter, and more mature (eventhough he hits on every girl he sees). The conscious cannot do this, as it only can base it off what it knows of Brock's character. There's my take on it!

Goodbye
"

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:37 am
THE POWER IS ON!

The far better version of this theory that pulls far less baseless fan speculation out of the writer's ass is called Squall's Dead and it's for Final Fantasy VIII.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Samurott wrote:
Alright. You had me worried there for a second.
Yeah I heard of it. But the problem is, from what I realized, is when one is in a coma, there memory gets screwed up. Sometimes they get total amnesia. Sometimes its a loss of short-term memory. In this case, Brock would disprove this theory. He is a dynamic character, so he changes throughout the show. i.e.: He gets smarter, and more mature (eventhough he hits on every girl he sees). The conscious cannot do this, as it only can base it off what it knows of Brock's character. There's my take on it!

Wouldn't disprove if the barriers were slowly being removed, leading to Brock actually developing because his memory was able to start formulating ideas. Remember, Brock is a projection of a fatherly figure, and also a way to act out his feelings.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Barriers? Whoever made this isnt good at knowing the concious and were probably stoned.
When someone is in a coma, they lack the ability to think, therefore making it so the coma couldnt possibly be there! Dont take me up on this, because my friend would probably be out of her coma by now if the ability to think in a coma was possible. I'm sure these 'barriers' dont exist.
Whoever wrote this was an attention whore.

Goodbye
"

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:21 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Just...wow. Really?
What is the deal with people coming up with these kinds of messed-up perspectives of children's cartoons?

There's a creepypasta quite like this about the Rugrats in which the toddlers had all passed (Tommy was stillborn, Chuckie died in a car crash with his mother, and Phil and Lil were miscarried before genders or multiple fetuses were discovered) and those on screen are versions of them that were (re)imagined by a mentally disturbed Angelica. Having been addicted to that cartoon in my childhood I could write you at least a full page maybe two on the consistency flaws with the complete story. The person who wrote it clearly was not familiar with the cartoon.

While this was not nearly as sloppily written, it still as well has flaws.
Ash had not yet met Officer Jenny or Nurse Joy when the event that was said to have put him in the coma occurred. It's clearly implied that Pallet does not have them because it was not until he reached Pewter City that he met his second Nurse Joy who had to explain to him that she was not the same one from Viridian City.

Despite his womanizing, Brock is actually an intelligent and mature young man. Having been a gym leader, he is an experienced battler despite it not being his area of interest who countless times teaches Ash. One such instance was the secret of Lt. Surge's Raichu. Tell me, how the mind of a beginning trainer who never even had the chance to participate in a single battle is able to concieve a character with more experience than him and knowledge he doesn't have? This goes for all more experienced trainers Ash learned from. Or for that matter know the entire gym leader roster for not one but several regions?

There are episodes in the series that give Ash little to no focus, few and pretty far between but nonetheless. The Johto episodes "Dos and Dont's" and "Go West Young Meowth" are both almost entirely focused on the perspectives of Team Rocket.
There are several other instances of alternate points of view.
*'Bulbasaur the Ambassador' - Most of the episode is focused on Bulbasaur who Ash lent to Professor Oak to make peace between a group of feuding pokemon.
*'The Breeding Center Secret' where we first meet the second Team Rocket duo Cassidy and Butch. The Audience finds out they are with Team Rocket before Ash and Co and even James do.
*Pokemon Heroes: Latios and Latias - Again information and new characters are revealed to the audience before they are to Ash and Co such as the identity of the mysterious mute little girl and a new, third Team Rocket duo.
*Pokemon 4Ever: Celebi, the Voice of the Forest - The film opens up with Brock introducing the basic idea of Pokemon and Ash's journey. The audience is also given a piece of information Ash and Co. never find out: Highlight to view spoiler.
That Sammy who accidentally time traveled from 40 years in the past with a distressed Celebi is Professor Oak as a child.

The information presented on Ash's father is 100% made up by this writer as we don't learn a thing about him apart from that it took him longer than Ash to make it to Viridian City. There is nothing to indicate that he and Delia split, he could have passed away which several theories of his identity happen to be based on. I also do not support any theory which makes Giovanni his father even in a metaphorical sense as it is here. If Giovanni is a father I'd say he's Gary's father, they have similar faces and Gary/Blue did inherit the Viridian City Gym in Silver/Gold/Crystal.

Then we have the Mewtwo explanation which is more evidence that this writer just made stuff up that sounded like medical science rather than actually trying to be plausible. Take a look at the opening line of this article:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/i ... /coma4.htm
If they'd actually researched coma treatment they'd know that there is none that can restore consciousness nor do doctors attempt it (unless I misunderstood as it wasn't entirely clear). As long as the patient is stable treatment is focused solely on maintaining that as well as that the patient is fed, clean and comfortable however the longer the coma the less likely the patient is to wake.
What is described here is borderline electroshock therapy which is cruel and I am pretty sure illegal. This Delia Ketchem could sue that doctor for malpractice.

Really the least these people can do is write these things decently.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]