It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Funny Business 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ever wondered why a Wailord be so huge but weigh so light?? Sharks in our real world weighs about 1 tonne but Sharpedo weighs less than 100kg. Same goes to some other huge pkmns, big but light. :lol:

Camels haf long legs to get away from heat released from the ground in the desserts but Numel n Camerupt have such short legs when their living near volcanic area which r way hotter than desserts. :lol:

Or why does most "Dino" pkmns look like the original Godzilla instead of a real dinosaur (something like Spinosaurus from JP3 or even like a T-rex from KingKong) ?? :lol:

Tropius with wings of leaf n Skarmory a body of metal is able to fly even without jet propulsion or lift energy. Same goes to Dragonite but it has an explanation in PokeDex saying "It can fly in spite of its big and bulky physique". :lol:

In evolutionnary n science terms, some stuffs in pkmn r kinda illogical n hilarious. No offence or anything, but i feel its kinda funny in a way that u guys shud noe of. :lol:

Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, I can agree with the stuff on Tropius (then again, it'd depend on how fast it beats its wings, as it could act in a manner similar to a dragonfly,) but Skarmory technically has more than two wings (all of which are hollow, but sturdy, according to Dex data)

Wailord is also not only a whale, but is built also like a zeppelin (blimp) so it'd stand to reason that it'd be so light. (why it'd be like a blimp is beyond me)

Also, Sharpedo is designed in such a way that it shoots water out its backside to propel itself (note it has no tail to speak of) so it would make sense that it'd be more or less hollow, plus as I recall, it's only roughly the same size as the trainer, so it isn't that big to begin with.

Considering Numel IS a volcano, I think it'd make sense to keep it's body temp high so that it's magma doesn't harden or anything, yes? General rule of thumb (going by Dex data) is that fire types tend to be healthier when they're heat is higher.

Now, as to your "dino" statement, really, they're like regular dinosaurs in most cases, except more cartooned (I.e. Meganium is a brontosaur, but a very rounded out and "anime cute" kind of brontosaur.) though I have no idea what kind of dinosaur the Bulbasaur line is supposed to be (I'd think its closest would be either a Triceratops with no horns, or an Ankylosaur with no spikes/tail.)

you want a real puzzler, how about this?

Gastly: Gas pokemon: 0.20 lbs (0.09 kg)
Haunter: Gas pokemon: 0.20 lbs (0.09 kg)
Gengar: Shadow pokemon: 89.3 lbs (40.51 kg)

How in the blue blazes does a shadow (wraith, to be more accurate) weigh ANYTHING, much less 89.10 lbs more than a collection of gasses and spectral whatnot?

Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

How in the blue blazes does a shadow (wraith, to be more accurate) weigh ANYTHING, much less 89.10 lbs more than a collection of gasses and spectral whatnot?

LoL :lol: now dat's just plain weird.

U rarel see any carnivorous dino pkmn looking like any of the carnivorous dinosaurs built to kill. They have short stumpy legs not for chasing. Small jaws small teeth compared to dinosaurs. :lol: Plus, Bulbasaur look more like a frog to me than a dinosaur, haha.

Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

that's one of the things that has always bothered me about pokemon, you can't tell if some of them are mammals or reptiles or what. Also, with a lot of them, you can't tell if they have fur or not making it even harder to determine what kind of creature they are.

Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:36 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

LoL :lol: now dat's just plain weird.

U rarel see any carnivorous dino pkmn looking like any of the carnivorous dinosaurs built to kill. They have short stumpy legs not for chasing. Small jaws small teeth compared to dinosaurs. :lol: Plus, Bulbasaur look more like a frog to me than a dinosaur, haha.

That's probably because Pok

Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

U rarel(y) see any carnivorous dino pkmn looking like any of the carnivorous dinosaurs built to kill. They have short stumpy legs not for chasing. Small jaws small teeth compared to dinosaurs. :lol: .

{scyther} Not built to kill? how very interesting. I think it looks rather deadly from time to time. and don't tell me I't dosen't look like a dino.
but most importantly, it's not real. unless it's in another galaxy like star wars (when they discover the milky way, I hope they land near me first. :P )

Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pokemon can be in funny shape cause they are not real.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:52 am
is very close to getting banned

While we're discussing logical illogical Pokemon, let's talk about the Fire Types. Did you know that is actually possible for animals to spit fire? What they do it spit out two different chemical which combust when mixed and exposed to air. Pretty cool, eh.

I'm still wondering how such creatures as {ponyta} {rapidash} {charmander} {charmeleon} {charizard} {magmar} {cyndaquil} {quilava} {typhlosion} manage to get along. They're on fire, already!

Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:34 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

What about water type PKMNs? They spit galleons of water out of nowhere. How do u explain that? {wailord} n {wailmer} i can understand, maybe they store water somewhere in those big belly of theirs.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm still wondering how such creatures as {ponyta} {rapidash} {charmander} {charmeleon} {charizard} {magmar} {cyndaquil} {quilava} {typhlosion} manage to get along. They're on fire, already!

And how do you ride them? Ponyta and Rapidash, particularly. You'd get burnt to a crisp!
And there are so many of them! I can't imagine anyone letting their kids go anywhere out of town. They'd be eaten or burnt or electrified. The poor kids must get so bored, what with towns so small. If they went 5 steps outside of town they'd find more Pokemon then they'd ever seen in their lives. I know I don't see 800 caterpillars, 20 mice, and a monster bee every time I go outside. :D
~Jodi Image

Just popped back in 2023 to poke around and feel nostalgic. <3 If you're reading this, and I knew you back in the day, drop me a line sometime and we can reminisce! I'm at cloudmartian at gmail dot com

Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:08 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Hmm.... lets think...
You forgot Moltres! lol
What I also dont understand is=
a) How Rayquaza can fly and yet it has no wings (no those puny things arent wings, I think)
b) How a Machamp can stand with 4 huge arms and 2 puny legs
c) How a blue thing with cotton swabs for wings is a Dragon type
d) How you could possibly hug a Pichu without getting electrocuted

-Gardevoir~

Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:17 am

How about Water Types, the blood in their veins is like 80% water, carrying around their vital nutrients and oxygen. When the bad stuff is taken out, it is mainly hydrogen, due to their blood content. Using the same principle as the Fire Types, they could be that the excess Hydrogen is stored in their bodies, and is pumped out at will. When it mixes with the oxygen in the air, it forms streams of water which the Pokemon have learnt to control to be able to funnel into a powerful beam, such as a Water Gun or a Hydro Pump.

Electric Types are pretty much explained for you. They build up heaps of static in their fur because of its make, and the static is collected and stored somewhere in the Pokemon's body, for example, {pikachu} 's cheeks. It is then released at will by the Pokemon.

Here's something that not even I can come up with a logical scientific explanation for.

{venusaur} use Razor Leaf!!

Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Using the same principle as the Fire Types, they could be that the excess Hydrogen is stored in their bodies, and is pumped out at will. When it mixes with the oxygen in the air, it forms streams of water

Well, that would make them fire type somehow, because Hydrogen + Oxygen making Water makes FIRE :twisted:. So, there's an explosion somewhere, in that process. I'd say it's something more like Frozone (from the Incredibles), they pull water out of the air, and then shoot it. That's why a hot, unhumid SUNNY DAY makes Water weaker, and a nice wet RAIN storm makes it stronger.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

While we're discussing logical illogical Pokemon, let's talk about the Fire Types. Did you know that is actually possible for animals to spit fire? What they do it spit out two different chemical which combust when mixed and exposed to air. Pretty cool, eh.

Like the movie "Reign of Fire" explaining the dragon spitting fire:

They have chemical sacks in their mouth/back/whereever the fre comes from, that when make contact with oxygen, they combust.

But that's just a guess. And also being on fire could be a defense against preditors, think about it would you like to be burned trying eat lunch? Their bodies are probably adapted to not combust other than the selected area.

Sorry about this scientific crap but I'd thought I'd share ^_^

Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:09 pm

Hey, scientific crap is good. It's good to see someone other than me thinking it through. ^_^

As much as I dislike the Grass and Poison Types, I think I know how they'd work. There's nothing to explain about the Poison Type, we have animals that spit poison right now, but for Vine Whip at least they probably wouldn't be literally vines so much as a sort of tail. Think of it that way - a long, thin, yet powerful green tail that is extended and recalled at will. Strong enough to hold stuff and hit things, and easily used as whip.

I think my scientific mind is over it for today. I'll think up some other brilliant analogy later :P

Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

And how do you ride them? Ponyta and Rapidash, particularly. You'd get burnt to a crisp!

In one of the anime episodes, we learn that Ponyta's fire does not harm those that the pok

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Loading... Connection cannot be found. Please refresh the page.
Like real animals, pokemon have common sense too. If it's raining, they're not going to stand out in the rain knowing if the flame dies, they die. You wouldn't stand out in the middle of the road with a 60 mile car coming at you, knowing that you'll most likely die from the hit would you? I think not. Of course they're going to find shelter to stay in till the rain passes, like a cave or a box. :/

What I still can't get is to why they'd even die if the flame goes out. It's like their heart. :?

</center>

Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:53 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

though I have no idea what kind of dinosaur the Bulbasaur line is supposed to be (I'd think its closest would be either a Triceratops with no horns, or an Ankylosaur with no spikes/tail.)

Gastly: Gas pokemon: 0.20 lbs (0.09 kg)
Haunter: Gas pokemon: 0.20 lbs (0.09 kg)
Gengar: Shadow pokemon: 89.3 lbs (40.51 kg)

1. Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur are frogs.
2. Gengar doesn't float. It's possibly made up of more POISON than a regular Gastly or Haunter, which could account for it's weight.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:28 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

1. Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur are frogs.

It's controversial. You might be right, I don't know. However, they might look a little like frogs, but there is a slight resemblance to dinosaurs too. Besides, the "saur" in their name accounts for something as well :wink:

Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:39 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

2. Gengar doesn't float.

According to its ability, Levitate, it does float. And that has always bothered me. I remember from the old days of the anime, gengar would float around as if it was weightless, just as easily as gastly and haunter, but then it comes along in the game and becomes HUGE!

What about glalie? That thing floats and yet it gets hit by EQ every time!
And if Groudon and Kyorge are rivals, shouldnt something special happen when theyre both in battle together?

And what about trapinc h and vibrava? They look nthing alike, but yet tehy evlolve into each other! I don;t know sometimes Game Freak is really weird.

Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gardevoir1313 wrote:

2. Gengar doesn't float.

According to its ability, Levitate, it does float. And that has always bothered me. I remember from the old days of the anime, gengar would float around as if it was weightless, just as easily as gastly and haunter, but then it comes along in the game and becomes HUGE!

What about glalie? That thing floats and yet it gets hit by EQ every time!
And if Groudon and Kyorge are rivals, shouldnt something special happen when theyre both in battle together?

And what about trapinc h and vibrava? They look nthing alike, but yet tehy evlolve into each other! I don;t know sometimes Game Freak is really weird.

Screw levitate. If it's on the ground, it's not floating.

Glalie should have Levitate instead of whatever ability it has. I don't care much for Ice types, though.

Trapinch, Vibrava, and Flygon are my favorite Dragon-types (sry trapinch), and my second favorite Ground types (Hello Cubone and Marowak!). No clue how Trapinch turns into Vibrava. Nope. Ziddly.

Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1. How could a turtle stand on 2 legs? {squirtle} {wartortle} {blastoise}
2. How could a budgie be so massive? {articuno}
3. How a plant could take i so much sunlight without drying up and needing no water? {bulbasaur} {ivysaur} {venusaur}
4. How can flames keep going on backs of Pokemon? WHAT IF IT RAINS? {Pokemon with fire on them}

I've always wondered why fire doesn't hurt Ash when he hugs Cyndaquil (I know it's flames go but HOW can they relight without a source or energy?)

Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:12 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

1. How could a turtle stand on 2 legs? {squirtle} {wartortle} {blastoise}
2. How could a budgie be so massive? {articuno}
3. How a plant could take i so much sunlight without drying up and needing no water? {bulbasaur} {ivysaur} {venusaur}
4. How can flames keep going on backs of Pokemon? WHAT IF IT RAINS? {Pokemon with fire on them}

I've always wondered why fire doesn't hurt Ash when he hugs Cyndaquil (I know it's flames go but HOW can they relight without a source or energy?)

1. They...just can.

2. It ate it's wheaties, or...maybe it should be big so it can do it's job of leading people off of mountains.

3. Surely they stop by a river or lake for a drink sometime.

4. If it rains, they hide.

Fire doesn't hurt people they care about, I guess.

They never need to relight, because they die when their flame(s) go out.

I'm pretty sure the questions about the fire pokemon have been answered on the first page already, though.

Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Tortoises shud move slowly but {squirtle} {wartortle} {blastoise} r pretty agile. Plus, how does a {blastoise} have metallic canons??

Plus i think wat Kryten meant by relight is when e.g. {cyndaquil}'s flames only ignite when in battle, when its out, how does it relight? Looking at ConfusedFlareon's point of view, maybe they use methane and another chemical to ignite. They must eat alot of beans. :lol: How does Pokemon's fire doesn't burn the ones they love or wateva?? That's gotta b MAGICAL~ :lol:

Right, bout {bulbasaur} {ivysaur} {venusaur} {paras} {parasect} , how does a plant grow on them?! If it's like algae growing on a turtleshell i'll understand, but a PLANT?!?! :shock:
A vine-like tail? I think it's more like uber-growth vine coming from the plants that's been hosted. They must have uber-energy to do that.

If u'd watched the anime, there'e been some episodes where {gengar} appeared and was floating. {muk} is a living liquid, where's it's veins and blood vessels? What about the BRAIN?!?! :shock: Same goes to small bodied Pokemon e.g. {geodude} {togepi} {spheal} , their organs must b in singles and really small.

Then there's the missing of attacks when the opponent is asleep. WTF is that :lol: ??

Oh and, how does an earthling evolve so rapidly in just a mere couple of seconds?? Hah, explain that ConfusedFlareon 8) They must have alien genes or something.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]