Favorite Movie 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Pokemon:2000, Lugia pwns

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm not sure.
I never really liked the films logic it was always abit too much.
Like the first one, fair enough Mewtwo is psychic, and therefore can probably possess others.
The second one Lugia comes because of the three legendary birds fair enough, Lugia is the protector of them.
Third, Entei is a girls father, seriously how did that come around?!

Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:30 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I like the movies, but I can't really decide...

I like either The Rise Of Darkrai or Pokemon Heroes.

I chose Pokemon Heroes. The transforming Latias was awesome, and it was exciting, too! :D

Image Image

Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Mewtwo Strikes Back, it's was like really popular when i saw it. But i think lots of people lost interest after they made more, like me. :|

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:41 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

easily pokemon 2000. btw they messed up the voices of the characters in temple of the sea and darkrai.

Fri May 16, 2008 11:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

the first ,movie is the best!!!!

Pokemon2000 "the movie"

i remember seeing it. i was amazed i think that is the best movie.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:23 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Pokémon 2000, for sure. Best setting, most eccentric villain, best score.
Plus, it has the most legendary Pokémon in it besides 8 (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew); both these movies have 4 legendary Pokémon.

Pokédex: 479 seen, 468 owned

GENERATION 8: When you see this, copy and paste it into your sig, increase the number after generation by 1, and alter up to 6 words. Consider it a social test.

Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I forget which movie it is, but I've always liked the one with Lugia and the 3 birds the best...

Either that or the Mew & Mewtwo one

Newest: Kangaskhan

Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:17 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Pokemon 2000 for sure with the three legendary birds and Lugia

Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:08 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I am inside your soul. It's actually really comfortable in here.
I like all the movies, mostly because they are usually more serious than the anime.
Out of them all, I'd say my favorite is the fourth one, Voice of the Forest. I think it had a lot of time and effort put into it, and it also tells a lot about Prof. Oak's history. It introduces many characters that actually play a large part in the movie, instead of just a few that are really there only to introduce new pokemon for the show,
and the first time you saw the part when Celebi died, you probably cried along with Ash and Sammy.

.... I should become a movie critic.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:40 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

The Rise Of The Darkrai! is my fav movie. It was just so great, i dont know how much i should talk about it if there is people who havent seen it i dont want to spoil anything )8 but i have to say it touched me very very much, so much that i had to buy Dakrrai plushie from Ebay. After that movie i had no choice i became Darkrai fan. But those older pokemon movies have been very good too, i always wonder how do they make movies which dont really be in same idea. And how they make up those new pokemon o.O there is so many of them already o.O Pokemon movies rocks, but 10th movie is best o/

THANKS TOHammythepig for the Egg & avatar & transportation, and DragonSpear for the sig.
Saint_Jimmy for my awesome TC, Afonso for Palkarai

Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:59 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well, Movie 1 was a film that I felt was a tad too sappy in tones (at least, the dub), and some of the cruxes of the film felt forced, like they were directed at the audience rather than the characters (inadvertently). The scenes with Mewtwo are great in my view. Not because he's ever-omnipotent and rare, but because unlike so many other Pokémon, he questions the nature of life and why anything is, despite being a clone of Mew (and a Pokémon clone). That, to me, makes him a character unto himself - his keen powers of observation and mysterious, morbid nature that peers deep. Because of this, Mewtwo is my favorite Pokémon.

I especially like the way this was conveyed in the Mewtwo short that bore away a great deal of character development sadly barred from the dub of the first movie. Mewtwo's character had such great depth of potential that was sadly squandered (in the dub, at least, though I would apply this to the original Japanese version as well) when he goes onto take over the world wantonly because of what humans did to him. It immensely lessens his character that showed far more depth in the beginning and makes him seem like yet another predictable villain until the end of the film.

On another note, I can see how Ash was revived, but even then, it feels like an abashing plot device than an augmentation or affect of anything else. Don't get me wrong - I like the movie a lot - but I feel it is not without flaw. I liked the following Mewtwo short as well (the return of Mewtwo), though I felt Mewtwo was once again reduced in the beginning of the film as a character. Movie 2 was great. The moment where Melody plays the flute (or the "Lugia Song") at the end. I hold this moment in deep esteem, because it's such a beautiful moment, and it's well accentuated from an aesthetics and musical standpoint, with ardent beats that work very well, and with the music being the fulcrum and driving force from which the impact of this scene works. It's one fantastic way to end a movie that I feel is an improvement upon the first movie. Half of the work is in the music in any form of media in my eyes, and that applies to this. Seeing the Legendary Bird Pokémon, from Moltes to Zapdos, was fantastic as well. It's definitively my favorite Pokémon movie. Movie 3... didn't like this one at much. It was good, but redundant by nature and I never was a fan of the Unown.

Movie 4... While I liked the film, I don't have any meticulous, favorite moments. No one moment stands out for me in this film, though I thought the concept of time travel and Celebi was good, as was seeing Profesor Oak in his younger years (by happenstance).

Movie 5 is my favorite film next to The Power of One. I liked all the moments of "Sight Sharing" or "Projecting" and where Ash and Co. were involved. The villains were lame, but this movie had a good tone and feel, and I liked the backstory behind Latias and Latios. Oh, and I liked the score a lot as well, even if I don't think it's quite as good a background as Movie 2's score is. Movie 6 was okay. I have somewhat similar sentiments about Movie 7, though I felt the movie itself was very good by comparison to my much less pleasant sentiments stowards the Hoenn series. Movie 8 wasn't that great to me, but the concept of aura was good by my eyes. I didn't like Movie 9 that much... Movie 10 was good. Haven't seen Movie 11.

But if I had to choose, as aforementioned, it'd be Movie 2.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:09 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Tin Tower, Navel Rock, maybe I'm flapping right behind you.
Movie 1 was the best, but I just hate how they have to make movies for literally every Legendary Pokémon! It's getting so damn annoying!

Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think it must be the 1st movie, i remember it so god :D

Rise of Darkrai were also really good thought

Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:51 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The one with Lugia, and the bird trio. Oh and it has a talking Slowking. That was Movie #2, right?

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:23 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The first movie will always be the best in my opinion.

Skull Kid and I went to the the theater together to see this movie and it is something I will never forget.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:17 am
Profile ICQ
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'd just like to share some thoughts on your favorite pokemon movie.My favorite is the first movie.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:58 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My favorite was "The Power of One" I really liked to see Lugia in action.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:13 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I vote for The Power of One because it was the first Pokemon movie I have ever seen.
Mewtwo Strikes Back is my second favorite.

Thu May 28, 2009 12:33 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Pokemon The Movie 2000: The Power of One is the best movie I have ever seen. The graphics are meant to capture the audiences' breath and combined with the music, it is a flawless art of legends. The movies that followed are, like, just to past time.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5153353/1/P ... of_Azeroth
This is what I call a true fanfiction! Sequel is now in progress! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7172509/1/B ... _the_Flame
Disclaimer: I do not own them. I merely post it here so that I can share this with you.
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PFZX5DZ~5Dr
Please hatch my eggs !

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:37 pm
my favourite is the one with lugia in it {lugia} {zapdos} {articuno} {moltres}

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:24 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i agree on the first movie with mew and mewtwo

Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:14 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i like Pokemon The Rise of Darkrai. that movie wicked awesome :D

Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Destiny Deoxys is my favorite because raqyuaza's in it. I like pokemon Hero's is also one of my favorites because i think it is really sad when latios dies or "goes away"

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:53 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I like the mewtwo movies andthe second one. I like the way how the people live on the Island ( I also like this with the 4th though) and I really like the song of Lugia. But the one I like most is Latios and Latias because it's so sad that one of the two must die and I really like the race at the beginning and the music when ash follows the girl (dammit name forgotten). I remember when i first buyed the DVD i watched it 5 or 6 times in the same week. and later also a few times. So this one is deffenitly my favorite.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next