It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Pokemon Board Games 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

So, this made me remember you guys.

We have Pokemon Master Trainer from RBY: http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-41215102-P ... 038&sr=8-2
We have Pokemon Master Trainer from RSE: http://www.amazon.com/Milton-Bradley-Po ... 038&sr=8-1

But those were the only two board games really. Not counting the trading cards and the electronic games, this was pretty cool.

For those over 21, we have this now: Look here. For those under 21, you can still do it, with slightly modified rules.

I am very tempted to make a similar one for Hoenn, Sinnoh, and maybe Johto. Who's with me?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:07 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Oh my...I remember the Master Trainer game! I had the original one (RBY), it was so much fun, if a little tacky. XD Those little pieces ended up EVERYWHERE, hahaha.

And that drinking game is one of the best things I've EVER seen. Well done!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:53 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
But those were the only two board games really. Not counting the trading cards and the electronic games, this was pretty cool.

There was a Johto edition, actually. Here's a basic link that confirms its existence. I remember seeing that in Target one time and I wanted it; unfortunately I never acquired it.

I'm fairly positive there was one for Sinnoh as well but it was primarily DVD-based, from what I heard.

And to add to that...those were not the only Pokemon board games. There was Pokemon Sorry! - one Kanto version and one Johto version - plus Pokemon Monopoly (which also came in two editions, the only difference being whether it came with plastic or pewter playing pieces), and probably a bunch more as well that I don't know about. (Why did I mention those specifically? I've got all those, sans Johto Sorry!, currently in my possession.)

Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:16 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'm not quite sure when I got it, but I actually have Pokemon Monopoly. Each of the color groups on the board are kanto gym leaders, and each space is one of their Pokemon. It's basically the exact same game as regular Monopoly.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mektar wrote:
I'm not quite sure when I got it, but I actually have Pokemon Monopoly. Each of the color groups on the board are kanto gym leaders, and each space is one of their Pokemon. It's basically the exact same game as regular Monopoly.

Id buy that, and i had a huge hangover after that drinking game, my friend kept saying "Y-y-yy-you know, i would travel with you, and kill pokemon" I was like -_- F*** i have school in the morning.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]