It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon were officially revealed this morning, for release in late 2016. It has been confirmed that they are the flagship games of Generaion VII. Additionally, it was also confirmed that the Gen I VC games will have compatability with Sun and Moon through Bank, noteably opening up the original pokémon to the Gen I TM list for the new games, as well as potential new egg moves for the newer pokémon. These games will be available in two different Chinese languages, as well.

I don't know who all will see this, but I figured that I might as well post this here.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I might as well as post since I saw this ;p

I just can't believe Nintendo keeps continuing the Generations... >.>' I thought FIVE was enough, but now there's six, and soon... SEVEN? Erm, as much as I still love Pokemon, seven generations is quite a lot of Pokemon for both new and old people to have to sort through when making teams and/or choosing what Pokemon they like, etc.

...But weirdly, I still want to see what these Gen VII Pokemon will end up looking like- I also approve on the names of the games this time. *nods*

Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:10 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I will only buy if there are some changes in the formula. Seriously, I'm 18 now, I want a challenge. ;_;

Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:42 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I find it interesting that they decided not to release the third version / Z.

Since it is the same hardware I guess the graphics will be about the same. I wouldn't want them to push it too hard anyway. DPP looked nice on the DS whereas BW graphics felt awkward.

I started learning Chinese a few months ago so the option to play Pokemon in Chinese might be good practice... except it's highly unlikely I would be at the level to play Pokemon in Chinese by then.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Geez, its been awhile.

I for one, am a little confused as to WHY there isn't a Z. Yes they shook things up with the 5th gen, making an actual Squeal (seriously hoping my spelling is right) of sorts. They had all this stuff about Zygarde's different forms, and so far as I am able to tell, haven't introduced them into the game. It'll be interesting to see if we ever get a reason for this.

That said, I am looking forward to these new games, namely cause I haven't picked up my copy of Y in quite some time. Got into a discussion at work about what the possible overall theme will be. I personally think it'll have something to do with time, cant really explain why right now, But the video introducing them, and the names "sun and moon", like phases or the passing of days...ya know time. Of course we really don't have a whole lot to go on...other than the names of the games. So we are gonna have to wait and see what other goodies Nintendo and Gamefreak will give us.

Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:38 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I am still catching up trying to bridge the gap between Gen 3 and Gen 6 (Quit after Gen 3 bought a 3DS and picked up Y) I really am not sure what to think about this. They are going to need to terminate the franchise eventually. Nothing is infinite. They also did such a good job on X and Y and ORAS I am concerned anything more they do will just ruin the franchise. Like quit while you're ahead. But we'll have to see. Are you going to need a "New" 3DS in order to play these games?

Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm pretty hype for this. Lunala looks really awesome

Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]