It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Generation 6. How much further do you think it will go? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It's been quite long since I last posted in here. I've been playing Pokemon since it's first generation games until now. So, time really flies and it has reached the 6th generation already. How much further do you guys think Nintendo will continue to expand the Pokemon generation. Do you guys think that it is enough or do you guys wanted even more Pokemon. With the previous 5th generation the number of Pokemon had already reached 649. With the introduction of the 6th generation, I'm sure it would reach 700+ Pokemon. To be frank, to remember about all their names is already quite a task for me now since the figure had reached that high up. So, I would like all of you to voice out your opinions regarding the introduction of another new generation of Pokemon. To me, I think this should be stopped for now and Nintendo should focus on other things in their new games instead of just introducing more and more new Pokemon. Maybe they can add in more generations but at least they should do it in a longer time frame. Look, generation 5 is introduced in 2011 and now 2 years have passed and we already have generation 6. I got a feeling that if this continues on, the sense of originality and uniqueness of Pokemon might be gone as more and more pokemon are added so frequently.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:48 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Well Generation V was pretty bad imo. Not much improvement over Gen IV and I guess GF felt that way too. The 3DS has been out for a while and it is about time Pokemon started using its features. This could have only been done in a new Generation, otherwise it would be a waste, and I think they made the right decision in releasing it so soon (although it will have been 3 years at the time of release). As far as originality and uniqueness of new Pokemon, I think the new starters are great. Of course you won't like all the new designs and might have a stronger sense of attachment to older Pokemon, especially if you've been playing since Gen I but I don't think GF will be 'running out of ideas' any time soon. I'm excited for Gen VI.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:44 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I did enjoy Gen 5, however I must agree with CherryGrove, there wasn't much new features implemented. Maybe a few new camera angles, the triple and rotation battle, and a char with an actual developement.

I feel this Gen will be visually stunning( since it will be in 3D), an Will likely have more new features.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gen V was good for me, because it brought a revolution to competitive battling (DW abilities, weather, Triples etc.). But in terms of development they weren't much.
Who knows for how long they will continue? As long as they sell, I guess.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

BW was a regression from Diamond and Pearl, IMO, and the fact that GF are brushing it under the rug so quickly compared to most Generations kind of proves it to me. I was just saying the other day in the chatroom that I missed the Poketch while I was trying to hatch eggs in Black and White, especially when the C-Gear is so just basic. Hell, even HeartGold and SoulSilver utilized the touch screen better than Black and White did.

In terms of new features, BW's main new contribution was the repetitive MESS known as the Dream World, which I sincerely hope XY nixes, and not much else. Triple and Rotation Battles don't really cut it for me since they're basically a spin on Double Battles, and not many of the new moves/abilities were worth much. BW's only saving grace was introducing a batch of Pokemon that had a lot of variety and cool designs, so that at least gives me optimism for the future Pokemon of the series. <3

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Seems that many of you did not like BW very much. Well, to me, the feature that I like the most in BW is the unlimited usage of TM. Regarding it's plot and locations, I think BW was quite good and refreshing. As for the new Pokemon in BW, I don't really liked much of their designs even though some of them had pretty good stats. In terms of usage, they're good but in terms of design, they don't look too good. Now, let's hope that they will come out with better Pokemon designs in generation 6.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:52 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Is it just me or do the starters look like they belong in a kids cartoon show?

Dont get me wrong not saying i hate them just saying they look to cartoony

Global Pokedex Team

ImageImageImage

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

CrazyRazey wrote:
Is it just me or do the starters look like they belong in a kids cartoon show?

Dont get me wrong not saying i hate them just saying they look to cartoony

Starters always looked cartoony since the first generation. The grass and fire type looked okay but the water type looked slightly uninteresting.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:04 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think nintendo will continue to Gen 10 or something like that.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:01 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've been wondering this, and I'm really worried... I've never lived without Pokemon before; I was born in '95, so you can see how that is possible. If Pokemon stopped making new generations, I'd actually probably be sad. To me, it would mean I'm getting old. Something that's as old as me finally died out. So, I hope they keep making new generations, because I don't want to feel like an old fart! :lol:

"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]