It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Nicknames Thread 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

here r my names i made in 30 min for my team

tyranitar = megatron
vaporeon = hyourimaru
heracross = stagnum
metagross = steelexo
zapdos = zeus
gengar = SHADOWRAPE

last one i thought was funny.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:50 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I really hate thinking up nicknames, personally. The only one I've ever named seriously is my Swampert (Swampy). I have given some Pokemon horrible names (swear words, dirty things, random symbols, &c.) and traded them to my friend. She finds it hilarious; my latest was a Torchic named McNugget (not bad, just dumb). Once I found a Raikou on the GTS named "F*** you!" but I couldn't trade for it. Oh, and I just named a Snubbull "Pink Puppy" cause it is one.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I always give my starter a nickname if he/she is fire type. Torcher, Blaze, Inferno, Sizzler, Phoenix (Blaziken), all that junk. I also get mad a pokemon sometimes while trying to catch him, Me and my friends sat there for 3 hours trying to catch a stupid Quilfish, after i caught him, I named him "ASSHOLE". I also have a Whiscash i named Enforcer, because he is a tank.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:13 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Could someone help me with nicknames for a male Weavile and Sceptile? I'm making a new team which already has a {ninetales} named inferna and {milotic} called aqualina (both female) in it, I would appreciate it if people could think of names that go with that sort of a theme

Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:42 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Houndoom_92 wrote:
Could someone help me with nicknames for a male Weavile and Sceptile? I'm making a new team which already has a {ninetales} named inferna and {milotic} called aqualina (both female) in it, I would appreciate it if people could think of names that go with that sort of a theme

How about 'Lotus' for Sceptile because the Lotus position is the common Meditation position in Yoga and Meditation, Meditation is used to be calm, and Sceptile is known to be a very calm pokemon. Also, Lotus is a plant, so it could fit him.

A good name for Weavile may be 'Latronis' for it is the latin word for 'Hunter' and Weaviles are known to hunt while under the cover of darkness and the cold. Just an idea for you.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:51 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

MissFrederick wrote:
How about 'Lotus' for Sceptile because the Lotus position is the common Meditation position in Yoga and Meditation, Meditation is used to be calm, and Sceptile is known to be a very calm pokemon. Also, Lotus is a plant, so it could fit him.

A good name for Weavile may be 'Latronis' for it is the latin word for 'Hunter' and Weaviles are known to hunt while under the cover of darkness and the cold. Just an idea for you.

Latronis sounds awesome for Weavile and fits him perfectly thanks! Lotus sounds a bit too feminine for sceptile though (no sexism or anythin like that intended), any other ideas for my grass gecko friend?

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:55 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Houndoom_92 wrote:
MissFrederick wrote:

Latronis sounds awesome for Weavile and fits him perfectly thanks! Lotus sounds a bit too feminine for sceptile though (no sexism or anythin like that intended), any other ideas for my grass gecko friend?

Hmmm, I've got a few names that you could have a look at it and decide. Some of them are based on latin words which sound quite cool and have meaning.

Invalesco - It means to gather strength and to get stonger (And Sceptiles are always doing that.)
Intrepidus - It means unshaken, and undaunted. (It's very hard to faze a Sceptile.)
Comminus - Hand in hand, and close combat (Just thought it would be interesting).
Folium Ensis - Translates to 'Leaf Sword,' the closest I could get to 'Leaf Blade,' it's the signature move. If you can fit it the nickname, it might be good.
Opulens - Powerful and mighty.

Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:52 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

MissFrederick wrote:
Hmmm, I've got a few names that you could have a look at it and decide. Some of them are based on latin words which sound quite cool and have meaning.

Invalesco - It means to gather strength and to get stonger (And Sceptiles are always doing that.)
Intrepidus - It means unshaken, and undaunted. (It's very hard to faze a Sceptile.)
Comminus - Hand in hand, and close combat (Just thought it would be interesting).
Folium Ensis - Translates to 'Leaf Sword,' the closest I could get to 'Leaf Blade,' it's the signature move. If you can fit it the nickname, it might be good.
Opulens - Powerful and mighty.

All very good suggestions, I completely forgot about folium thanks. Ill incorporate that into its name though I wont end up using any of the names you suggested :( ,thanks anyway though you were a real help :)

Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Fire type: Hellfire
Water type:Doomsliquid
Grass type: SolarLord

Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:27 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I call my Abomasnow "Dragonforce", because anybody who faces him feels the "FURY OF THE STORM"! 8-)

Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:13 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Every Starter I take, I always nickname them.
Fire Pokemon-Blazin'
Water Pokemon-Bubbles
Grass Pokemon-Plant Freak
Electric Pokemon(Yellow version)-Electrify

Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

whats a kool nickname for a male feraligatr and a male garchomp?

Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Dracomence wrote:
whats a kool nickname for a male feraligatr and a male garchomp?

How about AquaMonstrum for the Feraligatr for it stands for 'Water Monster'? Not that great. But it might be okay. And maybe Preavalens for the Garchomp for it stands 'very powerful'?

As for nicknames for my Pokemon, I named my female Pupitar 'Terra' because it means Earth.

Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:10 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my Secret Base at Route 116- come and find me! :P
I USUALLY name my pokemon something similar to their pokemon names or one of their attributes, sometimes that's not the case, however.

Soul Silver
Espeon = Elysian (male)
Dragonite = Talia (female)
Typhlosion = Tyler (male)
Lugia = Luigi (i dunno, lol)
Ampharos = Amphy (I thought that was just a cute name, albeit an abbreviation. Stole it from the light house pokemon.)
Scizor = Red (female)

Pearl
Misdreavus = Missy (female, unless its genderless)
Geodude = Roxanne (female)
HootHoot was traded, can't nickname her
Turtwig = Lil'Sprout (male, lol)
Shellos = Sheldon (male)
Pichu = traded, PCP, can't nickname him

Other nicknames I've thought of:
Metagross = Metalia
Kyogre = Misty
Gardevoir = Ryan (female, thought it was cute)
Vaporeon = Vaporea (female)
Rayquaza = Rayka

and there's more I can't think of :(

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Can someone think of any good nicknames for my

{flygon} {houndoom} {crobat}

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:58 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my Secret Base at Route 116- come and find me! :P
Flygon (for the lulz) "I'm So Fly"

Houndoom: Blaze

Crobat: Lola (I dunno, thought it was cute, if it's a female. Male, I got no idea)

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:16 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I nicknamed some of my pokemon in HG.

I made them just plain...silly.

Golem- Chcltmilk
Amparhos- Loud Ninja
Gengar- Inyourroom
Ho-oh- Sparkles!!
Shiny Tangrowth(Legit caught it yesterday as a tanglea)- Robin Hood
Meganium- Z (Always name my starter Z)
Poliwhirl- Get Some!!
Snorlax- DonldTrump
Eevee- Scooby Doo
Pidegot- Nice Doggy
Lake of Rage Gyrados- Red Leader

I also Named my Shiny Abamasnow Bloo and my shiny Arbok Bling B

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i try to name my pokemon when I can, but sometimes I try to come up with funny, ironic or cool nicknames

Here are some of my named pokemon you can laugh if you want

Gatorade-Totodile, male

Kamikaze- Taillow, female

Harry(Potter)- Noctowl- Male

Hurricane- Magicarp- male

Deadliet( from the name of the show The Deadliest Catch)- Krabby, male

i try to be very clever when naming my pokemon because its fun and keeps the games interesting

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:40 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

heres some names ive given my pokemon ever since red and blue

raticate- scavage

primeape- manic

snorlax- mr. bloats

gyarados- rampage

feraligatr- lockjaw

rhyperior- facebreaka

jolteon- killahertz

magneton- coreshock

zangoose- tipsy-(pink eyes, hes really been drinking)

Sat May 08, 2010 6:06 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Some new nicknames. I've been going through a Japanese name phase when nicknaming my Pokemon lately.

Male Charmander (now a Charizard, nicknamed when I first got him in Fire Red) - Masaru - Japanese Male Name meaning 'Victory.' I named him that hoping he would live up to the name, and he did. :)
Male Kadabra - Akira - Japanese male name meaning 'Intelligent.' Kadabras are pretty intelligent.
Male Lapras - Tomomi - Japanese Unisex name meaning 'Wisdom and Beauty.' In my opinion, Lapras is a beautiful and intelligent Pokemon.
Male Vileplume - Youga - Japanese male name meaning 'Sun and Sprout.' It made sense because it's a Grass type.
Female Persian - Himeko - Japanese Female name meaning 'Princess Child.' Persians are elegant and graceful, so it matched.
Female Raichu - Kaminari - Japanese Female name meaning 'Thunder.' Self explanatary.
Female Fearow - Kotori - Japanese Female name meaning 'Bird of Luck.' I named her that after I ripped through Erika's with just this Fearow.
Female Miltank - Sayori - Japanese Female name meaning 'Born at Night.' When this particular was born, it was 1am, so the name made sense.
Female Snorunt - Ikiryo - a Japanese term meaning 'Living Ghost.' As I intend to evolve the Snorunt into Froslass, it does make sense.

Sat May 08, 2010 10:50 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Here some of the Nicknames i named my pokemon

{umbreon} Nightstalker and Darkside
{espeon} Lilac
{pidgeot} and {swellow} Birdro
{sceptile} Blade/Forest/Solar
{blaziken} {charizard} {typhlosion} Blaze
{tangela} Vines
{blastoise} Hydro
{gengar} Ghost
{absol} Nightmare
{entei} Volcano
{suicune} Crystal
{raikou} Thunder
{manectric} {luxray} Rush

Thu May 13, 2010 1:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I just use whatever seems to leap to mind at the time. Sometimes they make sense, sometimes they don't --

{skarmory} named "Antimony" (for the main character in Gunnerkrigg Court comic)

{scyther} named "Ginsu" (always-sharp knives -- get it?)

{tyranitar} named "Lumpia" ('cause as a {larvitar} he looked kinda lumpy)

{sentret} named "Woo" (for "Woo" from "Sandra and Woo")

my {cyndaquil} (now {typhlosion}) is called "Pyro" (hmmm . . . wonder how I came up with that?)

my {togetic} I named "Eggbert" - when he was an egg.

That's about all that leaps to mind as stand-out-ish names right now. (I love the fact that we can get the tiny sprites! :-) )

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:06 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Cinnabar Island - Cinnabar Mansion, chilling with the fire pokemon.
My party in Pokemon Gold version [GBA] since it's the only one where I gave them nicknames.

{typhlosion} = Blaze (for it's flaming fur)
{meganium} = Spice (an herb)
{feraligatr} = Godzilla (Self-explanatory)
{raikou} = Raiju (A creature of Japanese myth. A white and blue wolf wrapped in lightning, the pet of the Lightning god, Raijin)
{suicune} = Undine (a water nymph)
{entei} = Ifrit (A creature of Arabic myth. An Infernal Djinn)

Yeah. I glitched the game in order to get All 3 starters.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:22 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

does anyone know where i can change the name of a pokemon in Heart gold and if so does anyone have a nice Nickname for a {froslass}

Image Image

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:23 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Spiritomb wrote:
does anyone know where i can change the name of a pokemon in Heart gold and if so does anyone have a nice Nickname for a {froslass}

Not the thread to ask this question in but Goldenrod City in the tent like house(you'll get a psychic vibe when looking at it & it stands out anyway) & sadly no, unless you just want to call it Yuki-Onna or something to that effect like Yuki(I don't know)...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next