It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Which Reigon has the best Elite Four? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Which is your favorite Elite Four and why?

I like the Kanto one in FRLG, mainly because it has always been the most difficult for me, and that's kinda what the Elite Four is about.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:15 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The hardest for me has to be the 3rd gen and the 4th gen. But that may be because of the sheer diversity of moves and types that were introduced around then.

The easiest, by far, has to be the (original) 1st gen and the 5th gen. The 1st because there weren't a lot of choice for Pokemon or movesets back then, so teams had a lot of repeats that you could easily take out one after the other. And the 5th because, despite having more Pokemon and type diversity available, I just didn't feel like they put up much of a fight.

"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that."

Stephen Fry

Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:14 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I agree with you on the 5th gen, it was way easy. I was very dissatisfied with it. and I haven't played the original 1st Generation pokemon league in a long time so I can't say much about it.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My favorite was probably the 4th gen in Platinum (Seriously Flint?). 1st three were either too hard or too easy and 5th gens was just plain sad. Aaron is my favorite because I like to root for underdogs and the Bug type is underrated (I'm lookin at you Yanmega, Scizor, Volcarona, Venomoth, and Forretress) and then I like Bertha because she's old, has an awesome name, and uses Rhyperior. Flint FINALLY got real Fire types. May I ask how the heck Loppunny, Drifblim, and friggin STEELIX made it on his team? Lucian has Espeon. Nuff said. Cynthia is HOT, has an Uber, and has fabulous pokemon in general

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:11 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

When playing Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, I had the same expression when I saw those ridiculous Pokemon on Flint's team.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:06 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

5th Gen. was a pain in the neck for me.4th Gen barley put up a fight for me.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

my favorite Elite Four is 5th Gen but my favorite champion is Cynthia because she has way cooler pokemon than Alder will ever have also the battle music for Cynthia is way better than the battle music for Alder.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:14 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

1st Gen simply because it was the first Elite 4 i faced and took me quite a while to actually beat them which was a big accomplishment and also i was the first to do so out of me (Blue), my sister (Yellow) and my cousin (Red), which we were kinda like rivals, so 1st gen for the more satisfied on completing (which back then i fought with brawn using the same 6)

that aside the hardest out the lot i would say is DPP because of the typings and move sets you had to think about which 6 pokemon you were to choose, easiest i would say is BW simply because i used one pokemon (Scrafty) to take out 3 members and then 2 of Alder's Pokemon

Global Pokedex Team

ImageImageImage

Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm not sure that's easy, unless its like Lv. 80 or something. I'm not saying BW is hard, its just oddly done imo. 2nd gen was hardest for me. Thats because I was low on money and stuff. 1st gen e4? Puh-lease! I crushed them like little capitalist bug in Siberian snow! They didnt stand chance!

Goodbye
"

Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Unlike other people, I shake in fear at any mention of the elite four because I. Simply. Hate. Battling. The. Elite. Four. It's weird, I just stress out for no reason. For me they're all hard, lol.

Although, as expressed in past posts, I still think Flint's team in DP was utterly ridiculous XD

sad but rad

Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:38 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Samurott wrote:
I'm not sure that's easy, unless its like Lv. 80 or something. I'm not saying BW is hard, its just oddly done imo. 2nd gen was hardest for me. Thats because I was low on money and stuff. 1st gen e4? Puh-lease! I crushed them like little capitalist bug in Siberian snow! They didnt stand chance!

But Gen 1 is the Original :mrgreen:

Global Pokedex Team

ImageImageImage

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, you said that already. Your point?

Goodbye
"

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

For me, who tried all the Leagues, my favorite one is the Firered/ Leafgreen league.

It's also the hardest one
-Very powerfull foes.
-You don't have many time to train your pokemon. You can barely get 6 at lvl 50 till you reach the league.
-They can super-effective every one in your team. And one hit K-O most of them.

This one is a real good challenge to test your team. Mostly the 2nd time you beat them (All lvl 70!!!)

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:09 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That is why you find what their weaknesses are when you start the game, then mold your team to be their worst **** nightmare.

Goodbye
"

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:15 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

RS. Just because of Steven. All of his Pokemon have tons of resistances, making him a formidable opponent. Plus, Sydney exists.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Kanto FRLG
for me it was the hardest elite four ever

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:38 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'd have to say I got the most satisfaction out of beating the elite four on my Gold version as it was the first one I beat followed by my Red version. (yes, I played Gold before Red)

Due to that, I'd have to say my favorite elite four was the original Johto's.

Time Zone- -5 GMT

Check out my Trade Thread: Fallen's Trade Center Gen4 and Gen5
I sprite a little on my free time, check it out: Fallen's Art Gallery

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
I think the Kanto E4 will always be hardest, with Hoen coming up as second. And the thing is, with Kanto, the fact that the second of the 5 trainers you have to face tends to be the toughest, that can really destroy your chances very early.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The original games'. They never once even hinted that you'd end up having to battle an existing champion. Elite Four. Elite Four. That's all you knew. Then defeating Lance and finding out Blue somehow beat you there... they haven't been able to do anything like that with the Elite Four since. Partly from you knowing there's gonna be a champion at the end, because Game Freak won't break the mold.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:23 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Samurott wrote:
That is why you find what their weaknesses are when you start the game, then mold your team to be their worst **** nightmare.

All of the E4's have been similar to me, largely because I also follow this strategy. I do remember my first runs through the Hoenn E4 being a pain, though. At the time, it didn't seem like there were a lot of effective options for me to properly counter what they had. I remember having to lean heavily on a Kyogre to get through it, which I find mildly shameful nowadays. :oops:

Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]