It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Ditto 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey guys I'm new to Psypoke and I've been hearing that apparently ditto was just a failed attempt to recreate mew.
Any thoughts on this?

Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:41 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Hmm, this is fairly interesting. If it was a failed attempt, it was a pretty crappy attempt. But they did end up making something really cool in the process.

For
    Both Ditto and Mew are the only Pokemon to learn Transform.
    Both Ditto and Mew are the same colour, when shiny or otherwise.
    Both Ditto and Mew have the same weight.
    Ditto seems to be an amoeba, or something else unicellular. It could could also have something to do with undifferentiated cells, which would explain the whole "experimenting to create Mew" thing.

Against
    There are loads of Dittos, and only one Mew. Surely when the scientists messed up and created Ditto, they wouldn't repeat their mistake and continue to make Dittos.

From all this, my theory would be that Ditto wasn't a failed attempt, but it, and it's 'properties', were used in the actual process of creating Mew.

"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that."

Stephen Fry

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:42 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

First off thanks for the reply! And those things you mentioned were really the first things that lead me to believe this was true but I actually (out of everything) never thought of the fact that there are multiple dittos.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

First off thanks for the reply! And those things you mentioned were really the first things that lead me to believe this was true but I actually (out of everything) never thought of the fact that there are multiple dittos.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:01 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This is an interesting theory.
Another fact is that Ditto can be found in the Pokémon (burnt) Mansion on Cinnabar Island where Mewtwo was created , and also in Cerulean Cave where Mewtwo lives.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:54 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

That is another thing I never realized. I don't think to many people realize how similar theese Pokemon are. Oh and by the way sorry for posting that reply a bunch still getting used to the site and plus I'm doing all this on an iPhone. :lol:

Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]