It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Funny NPC Quotes 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Here's were people can come to share and comment on funny NPC quotes from any of the games. My favorite comes from DPP, or to be more specific, the black belt in Amity Square's East Entrance. This is what he says:

"I'm appalled! They refused entry to my Pokemon! Oh, my poor Gyarados and Steelix! This is discrimination!"

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:40 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I've got a few that made me smile.

~Two triathletes in Emerald's Battle Frontier, whose entry quotes were "I am going to be a father" and "I am going to be a mother", respectively. Apparently the mom is too happy to be angry, and the dad thinks is baby will be totally awesome.
~A guitarist again in Emerald's Frontier, whose intro quote is "Hello I think I adore you" and whose loss quote is "This is it! Goodbye forever!" Needless to say I got a lot of laughs.
~"Cosmic energy for the win!"
~A reporter in DP's Battle Tower whose intro quote is "So, on the topic of this, what is your opinion of me?" and whose loss quote is "I'm doing a live report on the topic of myself!"
~That random maid in the Battle Arcade who describes how Dahlia dances.
~That random girl at the Castelia end of Skyarrow Bridge who says something to the effect of "My feet are all bruised! Um, you don't have to look."
~"Because Pokémon never tell lies."
~All of the bakers in the Battle Subway. Seriously.

I'm positive there's more. Those are just all the ones I recall right now. Maybe I'll edit this post when I remember more.

Edit: Found one more in Iron Island by a Worker when playing Pearl: "The working-class hero says hi!"

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:23 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

'I've made it this far in life using the karate I learned on the internet!' from that Karate dude in Black. I was loling all over the floor when I read that. Oh, and 'Team Galatic Nap Room. Please check no one is in a bed before you get in it!' that one had me both confused, and scared. But mostly scared...

Oh, and I almost forgot my fave one...
' have to say it! I like shorts! They remain comfy and easy to wear!' from a Youngster. This one always cracks me up. Lol.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:54 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I've been replaying Yellow version lately, and most of the intro quotes from the trainers aren't even relevant or they're just plain funny. I just went through Rock Tunnel, and there are quotes like "I draw Pokemon when I'm home" and "Do you know about costume players?". Of course there are the funnier ones like "Eek! Don't try anything funny in the dark!", variations of which are shared by about 75% of all female trainers in caves.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pokemon Red:

"Hi! I'm cool! I have a girlfriend!"

I sat there thinking "..."

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:31 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

inb4 oops I dropped my balls

There's a hiker in Emerald near the Jagged Pass lift car that, after you beat him, asks your character to get a bandage for him. "Oh, no, wait, that's my PokeNav.. Fine, I'll register you..." I found this funny mostly because I can just see an eleven-year-old just going straight for the tech in the guy's bag :p

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:22 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

rex09 wrote:
inb4 oops I dropped my balls

how on earth could I have forgotten that one >.<

Speaking of which I had a flashback to Celadon Gym. You know, the guy outside where he says "Hehehehe, this gym is great, it's full of women!" I raged when they changed "women" to "strong trainers" in HGSS. Seriously, it ruined the whole purpose of the quote.

I'm not at Celadon Gym in Yellow juuuuuuuuust yet, but I'm sure I'll have a lot of laughs hearing their intro quotes...

dry wrote:
Pokemon Red:

"Hi! I'm cool! I have a girlfriend!"

I sat there thinking "..."

...not as good as this one, but they'll still be pretty good.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:43 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Oh, yeah. I do remember that guy in front of the gym. It was stupid to change his quote like that.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:40 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
The lower guy of the male doubles battle in the Little Court (basketball day) says "The way the athletes scramble for the ball... I wish they'd fight over me like that!"

I went "..." then started laughing so hard when I read that.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I remember I laughed in BW, when you beat Elesa and she goes, "My, oh my... You have a sweet fighting style. I mean, you're a great Trainer! Excuse me, I...uh... Oh, here! I want you to have this!"

I was like, uh, ok then.

Another quote I like is in Yellow, at the Pokemon Mansion, a guy says, "So, you're stuck? Just jump off a cliff!"

Maybe I will.

Also, I know these aren't NPC quotes, but these are two of my favorites from anime.

1) "YOU THINK YOU'RE FUNNY , DON'T YA?! LISTEN, MISTER, YOU SPOILED COLD-HEARTED BRAT! APOLOGIZE!" ~Dawn yelling at Paul for not remembering her. I don't watch a lot of anime, but I know that Dawn yells... Occasionally.

2) "Do you want to find out what 'or else' means?" ~Giovanni. I'm not actually sure if this is anime or an NPC quote, but I still like it.

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

He didn't say 'jump off a cliff', he said 'jump off over there', but even so you are still falling two floors downward.
That Giovanni quote there, I don't recall it being in any game, so it's probably anime. Even so, it's a good quote.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Haha yeah, that Giovanni quote was like my first favorite quote in the anime.

~Neil Peart

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:40 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Just got to Celadon in Pokemon Red. Laughed at the perverted old man even though I was expecting it.

Anyway, there's this person in Celadon who says something like, "That poster in the Game Corner is nothing special! There's no hidden switch behind it!" Nice and subtle, there.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Haha yeah, the "There's no switch over there" line is pretty classic. :D

~Neil Peart

Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
In DPP, the Cueball who misses his Cleffa. I stared at the screen, thinking 'LOL WUT?' :lol:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:25 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

in platinium using cut to get into a little offspring in the woods, where there is only one lady..

Alone in the woods far away from everything..
"Nice to see you. Come here i will teach you a lesson" SEEMS LEGIT!

( i dont remember the quote totally but it was something like that)

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I was playing Blue and found another funny quote. The first Lass on the Route to the East of Pewter says, "Eek! Did you touch me?!" when she spots you. I'm not sure if that's exactly what she said but, but it made me smile.

~Neil Peart

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:05 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Haha i like in Platinum (maybe diomand and pearl) where you say no to the underground man in eterna city and he goes "i had hoped to teach a youngster like you the many charms of the underground tunnles...but i cant force you to accept my propasal if your not inclined, sigh... i get so lonley some times..."

First off hes probally lonly because he dug tunnles THROUGH A WHOLE REGION and i refuse to go into that old mans cave no matter how lonly he is

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Haha nice. Also for whoever said it before (too lazy to check. lol.), I just got to Celadon City and talked to the man outside the Gym. I laughed for like 2 minutes because I couldn't believe it actually said that. Plus, I just caught my Mew from the Glitch, so I'm happy. :D

~Neil Peart

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Porygon 3 wrote:
Haha nice. Also for whoever said it before (too lazy to check. lol.), I just got to Celadon City and talked to the man outside the Gym. I laughed for like 2 minutes because I couldn't believe it actually said that. Plus, I just caught my Mew from the Glitch, so I'm happy. :D

woah woah mew glitch???? what version is it in? (sorry dumb question)

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26608
look at this thread to see more on the mew glitch on the red blue green and yellow versions :D

yes some of the things they say on the games are soooo funny :lol: :lol:

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:34 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Another one in platinum at the valor lake front the galactic grunt says "my pokemon will ko you" this one isnt as funny as worded wrong. makes feel like his pokemon are going to atack me not my Pokemon :P

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:34 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Swimmer Girl Caroline on Route 17:

"I'll tell you why I was taking a break. I have trouble with my Bikini. It could be washed away."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSDjNLjlmPs

Skip to 17:53

It's actually quite disturbing that it's a 3+ game.

I remember other swimmer girls talking about their Bikinis and even asking you to put suncream (sunscreen) on their backs. An odd thing to say to a stranger who just killed your pets.

Check out my trade thread!

Timezone: GMT+0

Cloning Glitch!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:06 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

About 70% of the female swimmer quotes in RSE and up are actually pretty disturbing.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

One of the waitresses on the battle subway says “Meow, Meow, it’s a battle, Meow.”
That’s just hilarious. I ROFLED when I saw it :P

Art page. I shall draw every single Pokemon and there is nothing you can do to stop meMUHAHAHA *ahem*

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next