It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Nintendo events on past games ? (poll) 

Should nintendo make events for past games?
Yes 88%  88%  [ 7 ]
no 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Nintendo events on past games ? (poll) 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Everytime there is a new pokemon game, with possible Nintendo events. The earlier games are abondoned and left behind, with no more events on them. And for they who bought that game after the latest game came, it is very sad.

So what do you think? should nintendo give a second chance to get those event Pokemon too? like making a Wifi-package with so rare as only-avaliable-through-wifievents/mystery gift. I mean like example celebi, mew, jirachi, deoxys etc.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think this would be nice. But economically viable and sound for them? Probably not since the people you're talking about would mostly be considered stragglers. I dunno, maybe though.

An old team I had an idea for. Criticism is appreciated.

SoulSilver-- 1892-9981-0071

Diamond-- 5414-8714-8656

Trading thread-- viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27567

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:09 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I really think they should, because I got Firered about 2 years after it came out, and I missed all the Nintendo events. Pretty much the same situation with Sapphire. So, yes, I strongly believe that Nintendo should put out events for people who missed the original release date. I know it would sure make a lot of people happy.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Diamond FC: 5199-4994-9415
White FC: 0089-1661-3588

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think it would be cool to be able to get them for your self not needing to do a heavy trade of lvl 100 as guarantee, only for getting it into dex and then tradeback, for then later check it out at GTS where you will have to pay that lvl 100 anyway. Getting one for your own to train would be cool!

But remember, it is still just a hope-thought.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:42 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I believe they should simply because they release new games at too frequent a rate, I mean pretty much every year there is a new main Pokemon game coming out (sometimes 2 at once of course)...

That is just too soon & it is starting to show but also it is too soon because then they don't always have time to properly release all the event pokemon the first time & in the case of Diamond & Pearl simply did not do so & with Platinum did not do 1 of them...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:26 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

The reason they don't release events from the older games is because they want you to buy the newer ones. There really isn't much mystery behind it - they just want your money. (This is why I clone all my events and save the copies just in case I meet someone who missed the event.)

As for the answer to the topic's question itself...I suppose releasing some events every so often wouldn't hurt, but having them always available or more frequently available does ruin the point. Maybe if they had other different events that they had at certain periods of the year. You know, like the Birthday events from Pokemon Center Tokyo. They could have a different one every month or couple months.

I know they'll never do it, of course, but it doesn't hurt to wish.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think Nintend could certainly make some effort to do some WiFi events or whatever that included some of the older games. From what I'm seeing here on Psypoke, there seem to be a lot of people who are coming to the franchise rather late. I think it would be a really nice gesture by Nintendo to include some events for DPP at least. I guess the older GBA games don't have WiFi capability, do they?

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:21 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

BarnOwl wrote:
I think Nintend could certainly make some effort to do some WiFi events or whatever that included some of the older games. From what I'm seeing here on Psypoke, there seem to be a lot of people who are coming to the franchise rather late. I think it would be a really nice gesture by Nintendo to include some events for DPP at least. I guess the older GBA games don't have WiFi capability, do they?

No, the GBA games don't have WiFi capabilities save for their wireless trade to each other communicators and those were rather limited.

If there was ever a thing I would be willing to pay for as a sort of patch or download from Nintendo's wireless, it would be a Kanto expansion for HG/SS. I don't know about everyone else here, but after I played FR/LG so much, I got so used to the Sevii Islands that coming to Kanto once again and them not being there, it felt unfinished. So if there was one thing I'd really want to ask Nintendo for, it'd be a way to expand Kanto and give the Sevii Islands back to us. Of course, this is probably more of a far-fetched request than event Pokemon for previous games.

An old team I had an idea for. Criticism is appreciated.

SoulSilver-- 1892-9981-0071

Diamond-- 5414-8714-8656

Trading thread-- viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27567

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:26 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

DNA wrote:
The reason they don't release events from the older games is because they want you to buy the newer ones. There really isn't much mystery behind it - they just want your money. (This is why I clone all my events and save the copies just in case I meet someone who missed the event.)

As for the answer to the topic's question itself...I suppose releasing some events every so often wouldn't hurt, but having them always available or more frequently available does ruin the point. Maybe if they had other different events that they had at certain periods of the year. You know, like the Birthday events from Pokemon Center Tokyo. They could have a different one every month or couple months.

I know they'll never do it, of course, but it doesn't hurt to wish.

yeah the point would be gone if they were avaliable for ever, then they arent limited anymore. But having them as a event, when lets say example.. christams or new year or some special days in the year. Easter egg? so you actually dont know which one you would get ^^ :P

yes of course they want us to buy the newer ones. but i like to finish all the quests in one before i continue over to the next. That includes getting ALL the Pokemon included those only avaliable thorugh events.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:11 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
Easter egg? so you actually dont know which one you would get ^^

Just so long as they don't do something outrageously dumb like they did with Axew/Pidove/Pansage, then I won't mind if they did that :P

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]