It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 What's Your LEAST Favorite Pokemon? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I sort of agree with you. I don't really care for Electivire, but they probably copied the idea from Magmortar or vise versa. Like this layout:

Baby Pokemon -> Pokemon -> New Third Evo Pokemon

1) Magby -> Magmar -> Magmortar
2) Elekid -> Electabuzz -> Electivire

There's most likely more, but that was just to show how I thought of it.

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:36 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You're right.

But to me that still doesn't explain why they thought Rhydon needed an evolution, Or Tangela. Why not give those evolutions to Jynx or Mr. Mime if they were trying to follow suit with the Magmortar and Electivire thing. I don't have a huge problem with Tangrowth, but I do still kinda see it and feel obligated to ask "Why?"

There's just some evolutions out there that feel so unnecessary since the fourth generation.

An old team I had an idea for. Criticism is appreciated.

SoulSilver-- 1892-9981-0071

Diamond-- 5414-8714-8656

Trading thread-- viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27567

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:19 am
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That's definitely true. I agree with you on Tangrowth, but the only thing Rhyperior is really good for is that it's a rather nice Defensive Sweeper.

~Neil Peart

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

"Sinnoh, I find your new evolutions both bland and unnecessary" is what I hear a lot about things. But to be honest, people never cared about their pre-evolutions before they were released.
Like Tangela. No one ever paid attention to it until Tangrowth got released, and then all of a sudden they fawn over it again. I can somewhat understand the Rhydon perspective, since a lot of people liked and still like Rhydon, but for most of them...it's like people want an excuse to get angry at them.

And to be honest I think the exact same thing is going to happen when Jynx, Mr. Mime, and maybe even Pinsir get evolutions. (I'm sorta skeptical about Pinsir, though, because Pinsir is much loved because he is underappreciated.)

Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That's true, it is like they want a reason to hate them. I actually like Magmar, Tengela, and Electabuzz. They were pretty decent Pokemon. Magmortar is my favorite evolution though, probably because I've passed a Magmar down through my games, and once had a Magmortar Lv. 71 in my Platinum Version. Then, I deleted the file. I don't even remember why...

~Neil Peart

Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

DNA wrote:
Like Tangela. No one ever paid attention to it until Tangrowth got released,

I DID! Tangela was my favorite Grass Pokemon in RBY and has been a top ranking Pokemon for me consistently. Also, most of the "attention" people have paid to it since the existence of Tangrowth is negative, not positive, because people go on and on about how "Tangrowth is just a bigger Tangela" and then they go fawn over something that's an even more obvious example of that train of thought, like Pidgeot. Haters gonna hate. Jynx will probably never get an evolution now, also.

And Elrik, Tangela needed an evolution a hell of a lot more than Rhydon (OR Magmar and Electabuzz) needed one. It was totally crippled from the Special Split to the point that it couldn't be salvaged.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, I see Tangrowth as bigger Tangela, but unlike a lot of people, I actually think it's a pretty good Pokemon. It was in my Diamond and Platinum teams. And it's true. Haters are gonna hate.

Also, Frost, I was looking your Ranking Thread, and I have to say some of that some of those opinions you wrote are friggen hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing at your quote of r-cubed (I guess that's not really you though. Lol). I also loved your trash talk about Spritomb, probably because I hate it, too.

~Neil Peart

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Frost wrote:
DNA wrote:
Like Tangela. No one ever paid attention to it until Tangrowth got released,

I DID! Tangela was my favorite Grass Pokemon in RBY and has been a top ranking Pokemon for me consistently. Also, most of the "attention" people have paid to it since the existence of Tangrowth is negative, not positive, because people go on and on about how "Tangrowth is just a bigger Tangela" and then they go fawn over something that's an even more obvious example of that train of thought, like Pidgeot. Haters gonna hate. Jynx will probably never get an evolution now, also.

And Elrik, Tangela needed an evolution a hell of a lot more than Rhydon (OR Magmar and Electabuzz) needed one. It was totally crippled from the Special Split to the point that it couldn't be salvaged.

Well that explains Tangela's evolution, I always forget about the split and how much it hurt some species, but I wasn't really getting down Tangela, I was just pointing out that among some of the other evolutions and such, I was more curious why Tangela got one (which makes sense now).

As for Electivire, I just....Don't like it aesthetically, same really goes for Rhyperior, I mean it looks like it was given a milk-maid's bonnet of stone...And again just not aesthetically pleasing to me. I dunno, its my own opinion.

An old team I had an idea for. Criticism is appreciated.

SoulSilver-- 1892-9981-0071

Diamond-- 5414-8714-8656

Trading thread-- viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27567

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:56 pm
Profile YIM
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Frost wrote:
I DID! Tangela was my favorite Grass Pokemon in RBY and has been a top ranking Pokemon for me consistently. Also, most of the "attention" people have paid to it since the existence of Tangrowth is negative, not positive, because people go on and on about how "Tangrowth is just a bigger Tangela" and then they go fawn over something that's an even more obvious example of that train of thought, like Pidgeot.

Yeah, poor thing - when Tangrowth came out he came under a lot of fire (no pun intended). I actually still like Tangela quite a bit and have for a while, because he's just one of those cute gimmick guys. Tangrowth is pretty good too, but lately I've been seeing (or hearing of) a surge of Eviolite Tangela popping up on competitive teams. (Apparently, it can survive an X-Scissor from Excadrill even after it uses Swords Dance...I heard it does only 60% HP damage to Tangela.)

I personally think that Magmar needed an evolution since it wasn't all that great, but I don't like Magmortar mostly because of how it looks. Electivire...eh. Could go either way.

...I love Pidgeot ;.;

Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Haha let me just say that I didn't know that Excadrill could learn X-Scissor. I guess the claws overrule the Bug-Type move.

~Neil Peart

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3