It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Breeding Ups and Downs 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thanks Danger. And know that Ive got Gligar up to lvl 30, IM ready to call the Ivs'/

23/31/6/6/29/29.

Ok this HAS to be one of my BEST breeds EVER. The margines are rather small on the Iv's but Its still a good breed for me.

Tue May 03, 2011 5:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

woot! that's a pretty fancy gligar =) Is it a DW ability one too?

my latest adventure: I was commissioned to breed zubat. took 30+ eggs to get a timid male zubat, took several hours more to hatch one with good IVs. (and throughout this released several failed zubats) I hatched a good one, but it came up short on SpD by 2 points, so decided to check with them to see if it was good enough. As I'm re-reading the list, i notice a discrepancy between wanted IVs and nature. turns out they made a mistake and wrote timid, but actually wanted Jolly. Among the bats I released were a bunch of Jolly ones. also, my breeding ditto is jolly and could have held the everstone all that time. I was so sad, all that work.... luckily, one of the "failed" zubats I had left was Jolly with 20+ in all stats, so I didnt have to start a new batch. ^_^ if only i'd noticed the discrepancy before i started breeding... clearly I should L2Read betterer :lol:

Tue May 03, 2011 6:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ohyeah its has the DW ability. Took me a while to get it like that, but in the end it should be worth it.

My breeding project has changed. I managed to catch a female Seaking with lighting rod in DW. So I think Im gonna turn it intoa special sweeper becasue of its ability. Its gonna take me a while since im still working on gliscor with training and I got to figure out how to make Seaking a special sweeper.

Wed May 04, 2011 4:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Seaking has Lightningrod as a Dream World ability?

That sounds like it could be useful, especially in Double/Triple battles. It could bring whole new meaning to the term 'F*** YEAH, SEAKING".

Wed May 04, 2011 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I breed my VGWC Vullaby, Adamant Nature with 30/18/31/12/31/19, I've already finished Training it so
I tried it Out and it just laughes at Hydregions attacks, It Has Brave Bird, Bone Rush, Knock off and Roost.

Sat May 07, 2011 6:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Down: I had to re-breed a HP Mismagius, the first time I breed it it took so long I got a shiny before the actual damned thing.

Good: After months of trying I succeed and finished off remaking my original team

Sat May 07, 2011 8:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I got a shiny Tepig! I finished the VGA Vullaby and started tepig again, and after about 15 egg I got a shiny tepig!
Tepig ♂
Nickname: Ganon
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 7-8/22-23/2/31/19/25, Not awsome considering that the mother had
31/13/19/3/29/25 to pass...

PS had to hatch 400+ eggs

Sat May 07, 2011 8:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

grats on the shiny tepig! I only have 4 pokemon left (out of 16) in my breeding project :D I am not looking forward to breeding the riolu tho. stupid babies and their friendship evolutions :frustrated:

Sun May 08, 2011 10:56 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I'm... Right Here, Right Now, Right Here, Right Now...
At about 70 Syther eggs so far, still waiting for an Image example with Technician, had a few Image so far, but have all been males with Swarm... the quest continues!

Mon May 09, 2011 3:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well I started my next project last night; a modest natured Lightining rod Goldeen. Ive been getting a lot of goldeens with lightining rod, just not with the right ability. Hopefully the one I get will have some good Iv's on it.

Mon May 09, 2011 5:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yay! I'm finally done all 16 pokemon! only took about a month .... :frustrated:
Next BP I think I'm going to try to breed a near flawless timid eevee with hidden power ice or grass to make an awesome Jolteon with. I wonder how long that will take me... :shock:

Tue May 17, 2011 3:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I learned a valuable lesson. Check the moves a pokemon learsn first before breeding it for a specific task. I wasted a week or two breeding for a modest natureed goldeen with lightining rod (I didnt even get on, ended up with a timid nature...), when goldeen doesnt even learn any good specal moves. So im gonna be switching my focus to EV traiing for the next little while to make another team.

Tue May 17, 2011 5:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Dangertrout wrote:
Yay! I'm finally done all 16 pokemon! only took about a month .... :frustrated:
Next BP I think I'm going to try to breed a near flawless timid eevee with hidden power ice or grass to make an awesome Jolteon with. I wonder how long that will take me... :shock:

GAH!
Eevee - #133 (Timid) : 29 / 28 / 31 / 30 / 15 / 31
Possible Hidden Power Types: Grass
Possible Hidden Power Attack Powers: 68

Why is that a 15 in SpD, and not a 30+ ? :frustrated:
Oh well, guess he can be my new parent

Fri May 20, 2011 8:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My first breeding project! But it's very simple. Just breeding 15 pokemon for a platinum egglocke. My only woes have come from the fact that my Togepi didn't want to breed with my Ditto. I totally forgot the possibility of actually pulling out something else to breed to Togepi with. I may try that out since I hadn't yet decided what I wanted to replace it with. Anyway, after the Togepi I only need to breed two more and then I'm done with that project. Then I need to go catch Dialga and Palkia and get to the poke transfer lab in white and then it'll be time to restart platinum for that egglocke.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Wed May 25, 2011 6:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

tell me more about this.... "egglocke" you speak of. I guess similar rules to the nuzlocke challenge?
As to your breeding hiccup; Togepi is considered a baby pokemon, so it doesn't produce eggs. You just need to evolve it to Togetic and then it will breed with your ditto =)

Wed May 25, 2011 8:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks for the info about Togepi.

Yeah, egglocke is just a nuzlocke except you start it by trading yourself eggs as soon as you get the chance and you can only use the pokemon from those eggs for the course of the challenge. There are some variants of it. Some people ask friends to trade them eggs throughout the challenge and surprise them with what's in the egg, some people play that the first catch rule still applies but to hatch an egg your required to give up a first catch. I'm just trading myself eggs that I know what they are, hatching them all then and there, and using only them for the entire challenge.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Fri May 27, 2011 4:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ah i c. I did something similar with my friends for Gen IV. I bred one of each pokemon, shuffled up the eggs and handed out 10 eggs to each person. The extra eggs were so you'd get a better chance at being able to get all your HMs taught and so you wouldn't be stuck with your least favorite pokemon. Good thing I did that too, one friend hatched a male Combee >.< it was fun :P I still have a bunch of eggs lying around... I should use them for my next platinum playthrough

Fri May 27, 2011 6:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

down:
I once had a brilliant plan: breed an army of epic jolteons in gen 4 for fun and profit.
so i was aiming for 29+ IVs in all but attack, timid nature and HP Ice or Grass. simple, no?
the closest one i've created thus far: Male, Run Away, Timid, [HP 28 / Atk 5 - 6 / Def 27 / SpA 30 / SpD 31 / Spe 31], HP Grass
It's not good enough, its short 3 points between HP and Def :( and I wanted to breed 10 of the little guys :cry:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hi everybody,
Just to let everybody know, I was the person who "commissioned" Danger to breed about 15 pokes with the right nature, ability and decent IVs (i.e. 15+ in certain stats) This project would have taken me a year if I could have actually be bothered to do it. He did it in a month quite smoothly! (apart from the Zubat mess up!) Congrats to You Danger! I was so impressed that I asked Danger if he could breed about another 10 or so after his Eevee project and he has kindly agreed! :D

My breeding ups and Downs (Most recent Feburary as Danger has done my breeds for march onwards):
Ups: Hatched 6 Adamant Dratinis with extremespeed with my 1st 6 eggs! (everstone on male) with all having 20+ Ivs on each stat :D
Hatched Adamant Duskull with destiny bond on 5th egg (without everstone) with 20+ IVs again :D
Downs: Hatched 341 Eggs to get a Jolly Scyther once. Didnt get it :frustrated: . In the end I just asked my friend for an average one :cry:

If anyone here wants to breed stuff for me as a project i would offer you rare items for them like I do for Danger. Just PM Me.

Check out My Brand New and Improved Trading Centre!!! THE SUPERSTORE IS NOW CLOSED

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ah yes, the zubat... lucky things turned out in the end on that or I'd have been so sad. :P

Latest Eevee hatch: Timid Male, HP 14 / Atk 22 / Def 31 / SpA 31 / SpD 31 / Spe 31 HP Dragon 70. Breeding for specific Hidden Powers is a pain in the butt, makes me want to learn to RNG-abuse, but then where would be the fun in that? ;)

I might give up on my Jolteon project in HG. With two friends quitting pokemon completely, the rest moving to gen 5 and the release of Female DW Eevee..... I may just get my breeding center set up on White and do the bulk of my breeding there instead. Still have to finish the game and unlock my Battle Tower Judge first. :)

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Danger:

With regards to your 5th Gen shop, i think you said had started to breed deinos. Are you breeding with egg move dark pulse? Anyway if not can you reserve any modest/timid deinos for me 8-) (usual 15+ Ivs in everything except Atk.)

Anyway back to the thread topic, I today have started breeding for the first time since February and after i got a Japanese Milotic, I have decided to try the masudas method on SS.

For those of you who dont know this is the masuda method: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method

I suggest anyone with time and who can breed on B/W try this as this is useful as the chances of getting a shiny are increased even more in 5th Gen

Check out My Brand New and Improved Trading Centre!!! THE SUPERSTORE IS NOW CLOSED

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@IceArceus: Dark Pulse, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang and Ice Fang. I'm just playing around right now, testing out some things i read. When I'm done I'll let you know if I got any good ones for you =)

I pokeshifted a flawless foreign ditto, and can now say: yes, the everstone trick now works with different language parents ^_^ I'm very happy about that.
So now my goals are:
A) breed 2 shiny Deino's (male and female)
B) breed an awesome IV Modest Deino to kill the E4 with
C) rebuild my breeding empire (which means getting all my power items and 100+ rare candies)
It would be great if I were to breed a flawless modest shiny deino, but somehow i think thats asking too much... :P

Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:31 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Quote:
It would be great if I were to breed a flawless modest shiny deino, but somehow i think thats asking too much...

Don't give up!

In all seriousness though, I know nothing about breeding. Would somebody be able to give me a basic structure of breeding (either posting here or in a PM)? I'd really like to get in to it. As far as I know, it's something like:

Breed a good Poliwag from another Poliwag and another Pokemon (most likely Ditto?)
If you want some egg moves on it, breed it with a good father Pokemon (that you may have bred with a Ditto previously, following above step)
EV train the baby.

I'm probably way off.

I recently tried planning out a Poliwag though that I was going to breed for (no reason for choosing Poliwag). I was going to breed a Poliwag and a Ditto to get a Lonely/Hasty female Poliwag with Water Absorb. Then I would breed that with a Ducklett that was Lonely/Hasty and had Ice Beam and Water Pulse (I want to test moving TM moves over to the baby, and moving egg moves to the baby). Then keep on breeding them until I get the right Poliwag (good IVs in Speed and Attack, Water Absorb, Lonely/Hasty, right moves, etc). Then EV train the Poliwag, with Speed and Attack in mind.

"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that."

Stephen Fry

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

useful information on breeding: http://www.psypokes.com/lab/breeding.php
useful information on IVs: http://www.psypokes.com/lab/ivguide.php
useful information on EVs: http://www.psypokes.com/lab/evguide.php

You have the right idea on the Poliwag, when you get a parent with the nature you want, attach an everstone to get 50% chance to pass along the nature to the babies. If you have access to the power items, you should be able to lock one of the IVs. You could in HGSS, but I haven't tried it in BW. It should work the same way.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:54 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well Im gonna start a newbreeding projetc once i gte my magic bounce Xatu EV trained.

My next big project is breeding my sap-sipper marill (which is female) for some egg moves. Im thinking Focus punch maybe? I gotta check out the psydex again for moves. Im hopin to have the same success that I had with my Glisgor (STIll cant believI got good IVs on that one)

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next