It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Breeding Ups and Downs 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey I have a cool Idea to get the Natures you want. In Firered/leafgreen, at that game corrner place, you can buy Abras for a cheap price.

So the trick is to keep buying Abras and checking to make sure they all have the right nature (and make sure their ability is Synchronize, so wild pokemon may have that nature also).
Once you have several Abras with every single nature, just trade them over to your DS game and BOOM! Now you can put an everstone (or whatever) on them and your egg will have a much higher chance or being that nature! :p

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:13 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Shuckle-rock$ wrote:
Hey I have a cool Idea to get the Natures you want. In Firered/leafgreen, at that game corrner place, you can buy Abras for a cheap price.

So the trick is to keep buying Abras and checking to make sure they all have the right nature (and make sure their ability is Synchronize, so wild pokemon may have that nature also).
Once you have several Abras with every single nature, just trade them over to your DS game and BOOM! Now you can put an everstone (or whatever) on them and your egg will have a much higher chance or being that nature! :p

I thought about doing this but it is from my perspective no different then breeding to do the same thing...that is an unintentional reminder to get to work on breeding the right natured Synchronize Abra though...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i've been kicking myself for releasing all the unwanted Ralts I had bred months ago. I'm sure there were some good natured synchers in there, but at the time I wasn't interested in catching anything. >.<
I just have one more Entei to SR and then its back to breeding Rhyhorn for me. My current project: breeding 6 randomly selected teams with awesome stats and fun egg moves to play through the Gen IV games with. Some of us still have unfinished games lying around so i thought this would be a fun way to get through them. take a random team and play though with only those 6. I still have platinum, pearl and soul silver to get though. they're all started, but not very far along. i'll probably only finish them after i get though White when it comes out, but i'm trying to get the breeding part done before that. :P

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:01 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeajh im gonna hve to start breeding to get pokes ready to transfer over, but i might wait until the third game in the gen has been announced.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:11 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Up: Finished breeding my Aipom, and Ended up with almost perfect IVs! Adamant nature, 31/31/31/13/31/31. Flawless Ditto helps a ton.

Down: It took me hatching upwards towards 100 eggs to do it... It was a pain

FC changed recently. Anyone who has registered me should change it in their Pal Pad.

My trading thread: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27005

Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:46 pm
Profile YIM
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

NastyNati311 wrote:
Up: Finished breeding my Aipom, and Ended up with almost perfect IVs! Adamant nature, 31/31/31/13/31/31. Flawless Ditto helps a ton.

Wow, that is more then it took to get what I got for my almost perfect Taillow, only to be fair, you put more work into it & got better results, congratulations...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

NastyNati311 wrote:

grats! I don't mind when it takes many eggs to get what i want. i look at it as more chances at an awesome shiny :P

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:02 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Up: finished breedng epic rhyhorns and was finally able to start my snorunt project with my newly acquired flawless ditto

down: turns out the ditto is foreign. everstone trick doesnt work. QQ

on to breed 15000 more snorunts to get a new male with my eggmoves and a timid nature to put with my near flawless ditto, since i foolishly saved after putting the timid male in and he's grown 27 levels.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

OUCH. Of course I dont have a flawless ditto either...

Down- Started to breed mudkips cause I thought Thunder punch was an egg move. Turns out I mixed it up with another poke.... so much for an epic swampert.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

heh, that's kind of like what happened to my friend. she was breeding mudkips for someone's kid for his birthday (in emerald), and grabbed my D/P pokedex to check out eggmoves. saw ancientpower listed, and started breeding away..... and when she finally got to the mudkip stage... "WTH! why doesn't my mudkip have Ancientpower?!" it was a new gen 4 eggmove. she was so sad. since then, i made it a point to get ancientpower on any poke that had it as an eggmove :D

i want to be mad that the ditto is foreign, but i missed it when i traded for it. i just thought the name looked off cause it wasn't all in caps. (i think japanese characters are wider, so when you use english letters on a japanese game they look a little stretched) oh well, done QQing. step one, get new timid male with my egg moves and good stats. step two, hunt down and trade for a flawless US ditto. step four, profit.

edit - i would like to thank the pokegods for providing a timid male snorunt in the first egg hatched after the realization of the disaster. now all that remains is to SR for IVs

Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:16 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Dangertrout wrote:
heh, that's kind of like what happened to my friend. she was breeding mudkips for someone's kid for his birthday (in emerald), and grabbed my D/P pokedex to check out eggmoves. saw ancientpower listed, and started breeding away..... and when she finally got to the mudkip stage... "WTH! why doesn't my mudkip have Ancientpower?!" it was a new gen 4 eggmove. she was so sad. since then, i made it a point to get ancientpower on any poke that had it as an eggmove :D

i want to be mad that the ditto is foreign, but i missed it when i traded for it. i just thought the name looked off cause it wasn't all in caps. (i think japanese characters are wider, so when you use english letters on a japanese game they look a little stretched) oh well, done QQing. step one, get new timid male with my egg moves and good stats. step two, hunt down and trade for a flawless US ditto. step four, profit.

edit - i would like to thank the pokegods for providing a timid male snorunt in the first egg hatched after the realization of the disaster. now all that remains is to SR for IVs

Does soft reseting for IV's work well? I've always just bred with my flawless Ditto holding a power item and the poke I want to breed holding a power item and then just hope when I get lucky enough to get the right nature, that it has the IV's that I wanted.

FC changed recently. Anyone who has registered me should change it in their Pal Pad.

My trading thread: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27005

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:51 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

SRing takes a bit of the luck requirement out. say you were trying to breed for a gallade, so you wanted male / jolly / trace. its annoying enough to get those three things to line up. if you save before taking the egg from the guy, when you finally get your egg that has those 3 things but it ends up being "decent all around" you dont have to toss it and start over. the first 3 criteria you wanted are met, and its just a matter of getting it to hatch with the right IVs you want. it might not save time, since you have to repeatedly hatch the egg, but it saves some of the frustration.

(and yes, i've managed to get decent babies from a flawless ditto and a parent with 4 max IVs. you almost want to save it and check if it really did manage to roll 0 for the 3 random stats)

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

When breeding I trnf to do tht following-

1. Choose the pokemon im gonna breed.
2.Clear out my team, keeping one pokemon with magma armour in lead.
3.Get up two 4 eegs from breeding. Remove pokemon from center (I try to keep a lot of my pokemon at lvl 50 for use in the battle tower.
4. After hatching I check out ablities, moves, natures, and stats.
5. After choosing the ones im gonna keep I check out there Ev's by using my action replay ot gte rare candies ( this causies all items in my medicine pouch to be deleted, so once im done i turn the power of resetting lvls back to lvl 1).
6. Continue in this pattern until I get the pokemon I want.

I tend to do maybe 3 generations, more if its a pokemon I REALLY like. But i dont tend to do much breeding, but once I get White (yes ive pre-ordered.) most of my time will be breeding, or I might wait till the third game for mass breeding, not suer quite yet.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Up: Finished getting an adamant Scyther with Technician. (I don't really pay attention to IVs)

Down: Took a long time, I think I got two of every nature except adamant. Took close to three hours, I think.

Is it possible to breed Heatran? It has a gender but it is listed under the no Egg group. I also read somewhere that it is possible.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Heatran is part of the no egg group, so it can't breed. I've seen people say it could, but i think they just made the assumption based on the fact that it had a gender.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Up: I bred my {altaria} (Adamant) with my {armaldo} (Jolly) and got a {swablu} egg. I hatched it, and it's a Jolly nature with Aerial Ace. I was happy. Well, I ended up having to Pal Park her to Sinnoh (as it was from Emerald that I bred), and it was, as I recall:
{swablu} Female l Jolly l Likes to thrash about l Natural Cure
Aerial Ace
Peck
Sing
Growl

Down: I can't figure out IVs for the life of me >_< And I was breeding Houndour in Emerald, for the sole purpose of getting either a Timid, Modest, or Bold Nature, and I got all three. However, I think their speed IVs really suck. Of course, I don't know IVs well, so I shouldn't judge, but...

{houndour} Male l Bold l Early Bird (>_<) l 8 Speed on Lv. 5
Ember
Bite
Leer

{houndour} Female l Timid l Flash Fire l 9 Speed on Lv. 5
Ember
Leer

{houndour} Male l Modest l Early Bird l 9 Speed on Lv. 5
Ember
Faint Attack
Leer

Do you think they are pretty bad speeds for one?

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

very basic description of what IVs are: when a pokemon is created each stat gets assigned a value between 0 and 31. which means you can have a pokemon with up to 31 more points in a stat than another pokemon. for more info, check the psylab: http://www.psypokes.com/lab/ivguide.php

at level 5 you can't really get a good idea on the IVs. but i think in emerald you have access to a battle tower judge, which will give you a general idea of how good your pokemon is and what your highest stat is. iirc, in emerald, if you have more than one stat tied for highest, he'll go through them randomly. in Gen IV he goes through them in sequence.
the other option is to use rare candies or the daycare to level up your pokemon and check the stats using an IV calculator. i highly recommend saving before you use all your candies, and then resetting when you're done checking the stats ;)

I'm not sure about your houndours speed... according to the IV calc here, with a nature that doesn't affect speed it should have 11-13 speed at level 5. yours have less than that : /

In my breeding adventures: I'm working on Ralts, male / jolly / max attack and speed. i'm getting speed, but it's mostly giving me max Sp. Atk instead >.< taking a break to SR suicunes, then i'm gonna take another stab at it. worst case scenario, i use my jolly male with 27/28/31/7/31/31, but i'll probably keep trying because i'm a bit of a perfectionist :D

Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I suggest gettin them up to lvl 50, for a good idea of their Iv's. Lvl 5 is a horrible lvl for iv determination, trust me. I chose my shuckle based on its lvl 5 ivs and ended up with one with 0 ivs in defense once it reached lvl 50. So I HIGHLY recommend you get em up to lvl 50 for dtermination.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:24 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

However, all that being said, I add this to what Dragontout said...

Houndour's LV5 SPE Spreads

Nature + = 12 - 14
Neutral = 11 - 13
Nature - = 9 - 11

You need to have at least the highest numbers among those to even consider it having a great IV in SPE then go get it checked if able to by the judge person at the Battle Tower or by using Rare Candies to level you pokemon up(which you obviously don't save) or lastly, have a LV100 Wi-Fi Battle with someone at least bringing all the pokemon you need to check the IVs of with you & do it there...

You sire that's LV5?...

Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:52 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

ive never done any breeding, except for just leaving creatures in the day care when i first come across it and then randomly getting an egg lol, i dont understand whats so good about breeding, what the benefits are and how it helps you??? lol :S

Check out my trading forum: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=31150&p=496756#p496756

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:32 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I too dont do a lot of breeding, but I do it sometimes because of the benifits:

Ev traing- Its a lot easier to ev train something thats at lvl 1 then try and get a lvl 50's ev's back down to 0.

Natures- Its a whole lot easier breeding the nature then going out into the feaild and trying to find it, ESPECIALLY if the pokemon is hadf to find.

IV"S- Breeding helps to get you the best possible pokemon, with oput spending hours trying to find "THE ONE".

Egg moves- This is why I gernally breed. To pass on moves to pokemon that, may not learn that move by any other means.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:45 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

sorry for being so ignorant but how can natures help??? also what are the benefits of IV's and EV training lol :/

Check out my trading forum: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=31150&p=496756#p496756

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Natures help by increasing a stat by 10% while alos decreasing a stat by 10%. This comes in handy when trying to make a pokemon stronger by increasing a needed stat and decreasing a stat that isnt needed. Check out he psylad /psydex for more info.

IV's hdetermin the overall stats of your pokemon. IV's range from 0-31. 0 means your pokemon will have the lowest possible stat value for that stat, and 31 will mean it has the hightes possible stats value for that stat. Again check out the psydex/psylab.

Ev traing increases a stat. Ev are obtained by using vitamin and battleing pokemon. A stat can have up to 252 evs, and no pokemon can have more than an overall total of 506 EVs. 4 evs increse a stst by 1. Therfoer upon gettin to lvl 100, apokemon with 252 ev in one stat, that stat will have 63 more stat points for that stat. Check out the psydex for more info (or is it the psylab??)

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:13 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

ok i'll take a look at it but i dont really think i need breeding tbh, i just like playing through the games, i havent got wifi at home and dont know any ppl who play pkmn my age so its just reli for the fun of it, so is it really needed?? (in my case!)

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:31 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Copaman13 wrote:
ok i'll take a look at it but i dont really think i need breeding tbh, i just like playing through the games, i havent got wifi at home and dont know any ppl who play pkmn my age so its just reli for the fun of it, so is it really needed?? (in my case!)

In that case, absolutely not, you don't need to worry about any of that in your case except for maybe Natures(& breeding is not necessary for that) unless you are really good at the games which I assume you are so...

Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next