It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Ghost/Dark Type Combo Poke'mon...both ugly. 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Why does a powerful type combination have to have two of the ugliest Poke'mon ever?

Is that even a Poke'mon? And It's Poke'dex entry says it an evil Poke'mon.
But I remember something from one of the greatest Poke'mon episodes ever.

It was the episode about how Ash, Misty, Brock, Jessie, James got seperated from each other and from their Poke'mon. (it was the episode with the giant Poke'mon...which were actually robots). When Meowth said that him, Ekans, and Koffing are evil Poke'mon, Koffing and Ekans say that there is no bad Poke'mon, just evil trainers. Meaning a LOT of Poke'mon games are making a major blooper.

At least this plushie has a cute factor to it:

Here is the other Ghost/Dark type Poke'mon thing:

Is that a doll with it's eyes replaced with gems?

Well at least these are adorable:

This pic might be off-topic but it's too annoying not to be posted:

WHY THE HECK DOES RALTS HAVE EYES?

To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie, James.
Team Rocket blasting off the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, that's right!

FTW

Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:30 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
lol, just because Spiritomb has Evil as it's species doesn't mean that it is an Evil Pokemon, & it might have been something else in the japanese version of the game...

My only gripe with that type combo is that for the only 2 pokemon that get it, 1 has typical everything gets the same Base stats set up & the other gets very crappy stats, such a shame really but what is to be expected of pokemon with no weakness by means of type combo...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:59 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Impersonation wrote:
When Meowth said that him, Ekans, and Koffing are evil Poke'mon, Koffing and Ekans say that there is no bad Poke'mon, just evil trainers. Meaning a LOT of Poke'mon games are making a major blooper.

Or! The anime and the video games are completely separate canons, with the games being THE primary source for the franchise and everything else secondary, and that's why people should really stop acting like the anime influences the games. And that episode of the anime was also trying to shove a really pukey moral down our throats because, not only do Dark-type Pokemon exist (and are known as "Evil-type" Pokemon in Japan), but I'm sure not every Pokemon in the anime world is some innocent angel.

Also, Ralts always has had eyes. They're just not visible in its game sprites due to the angle of the sprite and the green helmet on its head.

Anyway, Spiritomb is the worst Pokemon ever with absolutely no redeeming qualities and Sableye isn't much better. Dark Pokemon suck in general though so I don't think making more Ghost/Darks would make the situation any better in my eyes.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:23 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Frost wrote:
Impersonation wrote:
When Meowth said that him, Ekans, and Koffing are evil Poke'mon, Koffing and Ekans say that there is no bad Poke'mon, just evil trainers. Meaning a LOT of Poke'mon games are making a major blooper.

Or! The anime and the video games are completely separate canons, with the games being THE primary source for the franchise and everything else secondary, and that's why people should really stop acting like the anime influences the games. And that episode of the anime was also trying to shove a really pukey moral down our throats because, not only do Dark-type Pokemon exist (and are known as "Evil-type" Pokemon in Japan), but I'm sure not every Pokemon in the anime world is some innocent angel.

Sigh. I just like the idea of no evil Poke'mon. And that was my favorite episode so :3

Frost wrote:
Also, Ralts always has had eyes. They're just not visible in its game sprites due to the angle of the sprite and the green helmet on its head.

O.o They shouldn't gave it eyes. My view of Ralts has changed now. :O

Frost wrote:
Anyway, Spiritomb is the worst Pokemon ever with absolutely no redeeming qualities and Sableye isn't much better. Dark Pokemon suck in general though so I don't think making more Ghost/Darks would make the situation any better in my eyes.

At LEAST Gamefreak should try making a cute Dark type. The closest Dark type to being cute is Poochyena, and it isn't even in my top 40 of cute Poke'mon!
And I think Dark doesn't really suck. Although they are only good for beating Psychic Type trainers.

I agree with Spiritomb to one of the ugliest Poke'mon creature to be created. Only I think Croagunk/Toxicroak are the ugliest Poke'mon thing whatever it is ever created. The first time I saw them I said, "That's one ugly Poke'mon."

Jessie, James.
Meowth, that's right!

FTW

Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:32 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Impersonation wrote:
Frost wrote:

And I think Dark doesn't really suck. Although they are only good for beating Psychic Type trainers.

I agree with Spiritomb to one of the ugliest Poke'mon creature to be created. Only I think Croagunk/Toxicroak are the ugliest Poke'mon thing whatever it is ever created. The first time I saw them I said, "That's one ugly Poke'mon."

Wasn't talking about Spiritomb's appearance but it's effectiveness in the game, I don't know if you knew that already or whatever...

You forgot to mention the Type's effectiveness against Ghost Pokemon as well unless you were just referring to Psychic Trainers to which then I say what about those exorcist like trainers in Lavender Town's Tower in FRLG or the 1's on that mountain in the Hoenn Region I can't remember the name of? But I do see your points though...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:32 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Sableye's stats are suckish. But Spiritomb's stats aren't. I already knew that. My point for this thread is that why would a one of the most strong typings have the two of the ugliest things.

Jessie, James.
Meowth, that's right!

FTW

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]