It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 newcomer needs some help with some aspects of the game 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

first off, let me say that i may be in the wrong category, but i didnt really see one that seemed to fit my query so this is where i came. secondly, im not exactly new to the games. i have multiple hundreds, farmed multiple games, bred pokemon for moves, ect, but i am definately new to many facets of the pokemon internet experience such as trading and battling online. if someone could help me out, ill be logged in waiting for a few hours. thanks so much.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

ive read up and down some of these forums and these are some of the things i had in mind:
1:what is an untouched pokemon? is it one whose EVs havent been used?
2: what is a true regigigas?
3: i have a few pokemon that i got from my friend who got them with the action replay device. does this in any way degrade their value?
4: how do you raise a pokemon's EVs when they are level 100? ive got them equipped with the correct item, and im killing the right wild pokemon, and they wont raise. ive read the guide on this websight and even the box trick wont get the numbers to increase.
5: how do you trade over the internet?

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:44 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

kyrogue wrote:
ive read up and down some of these forums and these are some of the things i had in mind:
1:what is an untouched pokemon? is it one whose EVs havent been used?
2: what is a true regigigas?
3: i have a few pokemon that i got from my friend who got them with the action replay device. does this in any way degrade their value?
4: how do you raise a pokemon's EVs when they are level 100? ive got them equipped with the correct item, and im killing the right wild pokemon, and they wont raise. ive read the guide on this websight and even the box trick wont get the numbers to increase.
5: how do you trade over the internet?

This should probably go into the Q&A topic in the Sinnoh forum, but anyhow...

1. An untouched Pokemon is one that has no EVs at all.
2. Do you mean TRU Regigigas? It is a Regigigas that was given away at an event at Toys R Us. The one from that event enables you to encounter Regice, Registeel and Regirock in Pokemon Platinum.
3. People will generally not want to trade for Pokemon created through Action Replay or any other such device. Also, unless the hack was well made, it will be unusable in Nintendo tournaments. If the Pokemon has stats, moves or abilities that are normally unobtainable, you will get complaints when battling with them. Other than those things, they're fine.
4. You can only use the vitamins at level 100, since EVs are gained along with experience otherwise. However, the vitamins will only allow you to raise one stat's EVs to 100.
5. If you have access to Wi-Fi (set up an access point or use a Nintendo product), you can use the GTS in Jubilife or Goldenrod. You can also register people's Friend Codes in the Pal Pad, gotten from the basement of any Pokemon Center. If they have your Friend Code as well, and you are both connected (from the Pokemon Center basement) at the same time, you will connect, and are able to battle/trade.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:16 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

thankyou so much. lastly,what is a crowned raikou? or suicune, ect

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

crowned pokemon are from soulsilver or heartgold if you talk to the pokemon in grass on certain routes the routes are based on natures you can find a gold leaf get five and talk to your neibor and she/he gives you a golden crown for your pokemon
regigigas if not the toysrus event can be gotten in snowpoint temple with all 3 regis on the team

Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

kyrogue wrote:
thankyou so much. lastly,what is a crowned raikou? or suicune, ect

A Crown Raikou, Crown Entei or Crown Suicune is a special event that has only taken place in Japan. This event gave away shiny legendary beasts, with moves that they would not normally have.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]