It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 27  Next
 Nuzlocke Challenge 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Whoa, its been a while...

Caught

{magikarp} lvl 6 route 6

Evolved

{magikarp} evolved into {gyarados}.

ok, so after a long grind sesion, I beat the trainers on the SS ANNE, beat my rival with reaper rat {raticate} using hyper fang. Next after that was Lt. Surge. After 10 mins trying to unlock the freakin gates I managed to beat Surge using Deathcon 1 {charmeleon}.

Now im ___________ (forgot where I am) prparing for the next leg in my challenge.

Current team:

Deathcon 1 {charmeleon} lvl 31~32
Reaper rat {raticate} lvl 32
Pointytops {beedrill} lvl 28
Silentkill {arbok} lvl 25
{gyarados} lvl 22

Death box
{oddish} deathweed
{diglett} moleguylee

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Beat May. Serious grinding before Wattson.
Lethrblaka {golbat} level 22
Brisingr {combusken} level 21
Lovissa {roselia} ____ nature level __
Lenny {zigzagoon} level 14
Fethrblaka {wingull} level 12
Ernie {loudred} level 21
Caught Lovissa {roselia} and evolved Lethrblaka {golbat}.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:45 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So, i had started the challenge over, using the same rules as last time:
The mandatory 3, of course, and I modified the optional rules a bit.:
1. On each route/cave/town/tower/dungeon you may only catch one Pokemon and this Pokemon may MAY ONLY BE THE FIRST POKEMON you see!
2. If you don't have any Pokeballs to catch the first Pokemon you see, tough **** you arn't allowed to catch it. (I am allowing myself to buy 10 Pokeballs at the start, simply because I wanted a couple Premier Balls, in case I run across a shiny. I just prefer the look of it. considering Zigzagoon will pickup Ultra Balls, I dont think it'll impact my challenge)
3. If a Pokemon of yours faints in or out of battle YOU MUST RELEASE IT INSTANTLY AND NEVER USE IT AGAIN. Or you can put it in a box labeled 'Dead' as a memento or for post game/once you finish the challenge.
4. If your party is full and you catch a Pokemon, you may send it to your box as a backup, incase one of your Pokemon faints, it can be replaced (and insanely grinded).
5. For the hard outs, no using any items in or out of battle (and yes, that includes antidotes, this also includes hold items. You can still use Pokeballs but you must find them, not buy them). For the easy going people, you may use any items, but only those you find, you cannot buy any items from anywhere. You can choose whether you can use revives or not. (I'm using items I find in game, allowing my pokes to hold items, but not allowing the use of revives)
6. You MUST nickname all of your Pokemon to grow a bond with them. This will also break your heart when they die (hehehe).
7. If you wipe out (all party Pokemon faint) then you must release/put them in box.
8. If all of your Pokemon die, then you must start again, you lose!
9. If doing this on HG/SS, and a Pokemon is left on 1 health because it 'survived the poisoning' it is dead. Doesn't apply
10. Have fun! Post your adventure in this thread, and even make comics to go with it if you wish!
11. You must have your battle change option set to set, not shift. This means you can't change out your Pokemon before your opponent does.

shinies and legends i get to catch and migrate later, they wont be used in my challenge.

My team to start:
{mudkip} Andy, met lvl 5, Adamant
{wurmple} Brenda, met lv 2, Mild, evolved to {silcoon} then {beautifly}
{poochyena} Carlos, met lvl 3, Serious
{zigzagoon} Diana, met lv 3, Modest
{wurmple} Edwin, met lvl 5, Serious, evolved to {silcoon} then {beautifly}
{cascoon} Freddie, met lvl 5, Hardy, evolved to {dustox}

Defeated Roxanne with {mudkip} Andy. Team was level 10 except Andy who was level 11, he came out of there level 14)

Caught:
{taillow} Gillian, met lvl 7, Careful. Moved Gillian into my team, put {beautifly} Edwin on standby
{whismur} Humphrey, met lvl 7, Bashful. Moved into my team when {poochyena} Carlos died training on route 116. He'd just learned Bite and become useful T.T
{magikarp} Ivan, met lvl 8, Quiet. In PC on standby.

Defeated Brawly with {beautifly} Brenda. Team was level 17 going in, Brenda came out at level 19.

Caught:
{zubat} Jessica, met lvl 8, Jolly. In PC on standby.
{gulpin} Kelly, met lvl 13, Gentle. In PC on standby.

Defeated Brendan with my team at level 20.
Defeated Watson with {marshtomp} Andy. That's as far as I've gotten. Heading off to clear some story stuff and catch a couple more pokes before heading to the next gym.

Current team:
{marshtomp} Andy lvl 24
{beautifly} Brenda lvl 21
{linoone} Diana lvl 20
{dustox} Freddie lvl 27
{taillow} Gillian lvl 20
{loudred} Humphrey lvl 20

In PC - Alive:
{beautifly} Edwin lvl 10
{magikarp} Ivan lvl 8
{zubat} Jessica lvl 8
{gulpin} Kelly lvl 13

R.I.P.:
{poochyena} Carlos lvl 13. died to a crit from a lvl 8 taillow on route 116 T.T

Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Beat Wattson.

Brisingr {combusken}, level 25
Lovissa {roselia}, quiet nature, level 20
Ernie {loudred}, level 25
Lethrblaka {golbat}, level 25
Lenny {zigzagoon}, level 15
R.I.P Fethrblaka. stupid Winstrate critical tailow {taillow}.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[color=olive]And here's an update!!

The rules I am using are on page 19 with extended rules on page 20.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Trainer Card

ID No. 62608
Name Kaoru
Badges 3
Money

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Don't worry Kaori, I gave up both challenges from the distractions of school and the possibilities of moving (doesn't help that my birthday's tomorrow either). I didn't touch my Leaf Green for well over a month so I decided to stop that, and then in my HG I just quit after all my pokes got above Lv. 60. I'm doing a redo on my HG though and only focusing on one game at a time. In HG I plan to go through the Elite Four both times following a set of rules I'll put up later since I have school work to get to.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm sorry to hear that considering you managed to get so far in both games. Though, I am interested in finding out your personal set of rules. Oh, and an early happy birthday to you B-Mac!

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Just a short adventure update-

I am now in lavender town. I had to use my dead oddish to use flash (using the hm slave rule). I managed to catch a mankey and I am currently gettin is lvl up to snuff.

I may not post as often as I like now, due to circumstances beyond my control, so dont go thinking that ive quit.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Glad to still have you with us, GofD. Life may intervene but it's still good to know that you're still with us.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks Kaori, I'll get my rules up right now and an update on where I am:

I'll play by the normal rules set with a few modifications,
1) If possible, I must catch the first pokemon on each route that I encounter.
2) If I catch a specific pokemon in the game (rattata, for example) I can not catch it again, EVER!
2a) If rule 2 affects rule 1, I must catch the next pokemon I meet, again if possible, and that process continues until I encounter a new poke.
3) I can catch 2 pokemon in one route only once (already hit the limit on this rule, so it was kind of pointless)
4) I can purchase only 2 items at each store (and only use that store once in the game)
5) I can make as many as 5 apricorn balls a day.
6) I can do the pokeathalon and the battle frontier for points to tutor moves and get evolution stones, rules are in affect in battle frontier battles that involve my party of pokemon.

Update:
-I picked cyndaquil (named Flare) as my starter, never played through with him before, and set out on my journey
-Rival (aptly named silver due to lack of creativity) was a push over, helps when you have a lv. 12 starter
-first pokemon caught was a spinarak (crazylegs) on route 30
-Caught a zubat (screech) on route 31 right before battling bug catcher wade
-Also caught a mareep (static) and a wooper (Cpt. Happy) on Route 32
-Beat falkner with mareep (lv. 11) and wooper (lv. 13)... Flare (lv. 13) didn't really do much work because I didn't feel I needed him.
-Flare evolved the first battle after beating falkner against a bellsprout.
-Got togepi (sunshine) in egg form.
-worked my way all the way down to union cave, caught a magikarp (openonX-mas)(BOXED!).
-managed to get through union cave without any losses and also beat team rocket.
-caught a slowpoke (bro-chill) in the well
-Togepi hatched right before facing Bugsy, so I went all the way back to NBT to grind my team up some levels.
-Going down and back I got togepi to Lv. 12 and everyone else from lv. 12 to 17
-Ko'd scyther with mareep (he didn't use U-turn, surprisingly)(evolved into flaaffy after the battle) and togepi got kakuna (lv. up) and spinarak got some work against metapod.
-Time for team cuts, spinarak was boxed as a primary back up
-Beat rival again with only togepi and flaaffy
-caught paras (mr. shroom), taught it cut and made my way through Ilex forest
-wooper learned HEADBUTT!!!
-Made it into Goldenrod w/o battling anyone on Rt. 34 (my pokes were using struggle because I killed just about everything in the forest)
-Currently working through Rt. 34 to get some battles and experience.

Pokes: (moves and stats won't be posted yet)
----------------------------------------------------
Party:
-Flare {quilava} Lv. 18
-screech {zubat} Lv. 13
-Cpt. Happy {wooper} Lv. 15
-Static {flaaffy} Lv. 16
-Sunshine {togepi} Lv. 14
openonX-Mas* {magikarp} Lv. 10
Bro-Chill {slowpoke} Lv. 7

*I know the name won't fit but I'll use this name for now, I plan to grind my magikarp into a gyarados on christmas eve and day (serves as a side-challenge).

current party in HG:
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ashton Dark/Ghost wrote:
[color=black]I am starting the nuzlocke challenge on FireRed.
The rules i must adhere to are:

Nickname all Pokemon
Catch first wild Pok

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sunshine died against a ditto. I was in an extrasensory battle and accidentally pressed metronome and sunshine used momento... useless death and I'm not gonna forgive myself for it.

current party in HG:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm trying to play, but I got lots of homework lately. ISUs and Tests before Christmas Break.
I'm still grinding, hoping to level up both Stallion {ponyta} and UFC {lucario} to take down Candice.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

torchie13125 wrote:
Am I the only one who really noticed that it's Ashton's first post? Congrats and welcome to Psypoke!

Yesh, I did notice and I'd like everyone to know that Ashton is my younger brother! I'd also like to second that congratulation.

B-Mac wrote:
Sunshine died against a ditto. I was in an extrasensory battle and accidentally pressed metronome and sunshine used momento... useless death and I'm not gonna forgive myself for it.

Why didn't you switch? And I hate metronome. That move is so unreliable and g'luck Hammy.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:35 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That's why I'm not going to forgive myself.

current party in HG:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:33 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I lost Jenova (my Sandshrew and first Hidden Machine slave) to a random Fisherman Trainer earlier today. She just wasn't having any luck. Any attack with an added effect gained its effect. Any ability with a chance of status ailment always afflicted Jenova every chance it had. All random encounters where Jenova was my active PokeMon always had type advantage against her. The AI just had it out for her today. It was a Fisherman who had two Magikarp and a Gyarados. (Lv10 Magikarp, Lv20 Gyarados and a LV15 Magikarp in that order) When I saw the Magikarp I predicted it was any usual Fisherman who just had a load of Magikarp and decided that I would use Roll Out for an easy victory and use minimal PP. Then came the Gyarados and Roll Out was still happening. I wasn't afraid at all. Roll Out had type coverage and it was only a Lv20 Gyarados. It only knows Splash, Tackle and Bite, right? What it actually knew was Thrash and Surf. I'm assuming the other two moves are Tackle and Bite, but I could be wrong. It could know Waterfall for all I know. This is a major surprise to me as I wasn't expecting the game to throw out a PokeMon who uses a move that has to be remembered and a HM move all in one PokeMon. Let alone from a random Trainer. Jenova so far has been replaced by my only other possible HM slave; my Nidoran F. So, my next update (unless someone else dies) won't be for some time as I need to grind Nidoran F to LV30 before my fourth Gym Battle. And to think, Jenova was only a few Lvs away too.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Everybody on my team is above lv. 18 now. I want to grind everyone until they evolve (screech {zubat} and cpt. happy {wooper} haven't yet) at around lv. 21-22, then I'll face Whitney. In other news flare learned flame wheel and I'm working my way around goldenrod very slowly because I've spent so much time grinding in one area. I also had my first trainer rematch with the camper right above the daycare center, his psyduck went to Lv. 20 and I didn't expect him to jump that high in two days, and static {flaaffy} handled it beautifully with two critical thundershocks in a row (how lucky is that?).

current party in HG:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[color=olive]And here's an update!!

The rules I am using are on page 19 with extended rules on page 20.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Trainer Card

ID No. 62608
Name Kaoru
Badges 4
Money

Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, AN UPDATE BY GofD!!!!!!!

Caught:

{mankey} furryfists, Met in Rock Tunnel lvl 17
{pidgey} flybirdfly met at route 8 lvl 18
{eevee} manyfacess Celadon city lvl 25

Evolved

Deathcon 1 evolved into {charizard}

Adventure notes:

Ok so after gettin through rock tunnel, beating all traniers towards celadon city and a few hours of grinding, I took on the rocket hide out in celadon city. Took Awhile cause I keep forgettin wher the elvator and elevator key is, but any way I made it though with no deaths and beat giovanni with {gyarados}. Im currently challenging the celadon gym..... and working on {mankey}

Current team.

deathcon 1 {charizard} lvl 38, ability= blaze, serious nature, Hp 112
pointytops {beedrill} lvl 30, ability= swarm, modest nature, Hp 81
Reaper rat {raticate} lvl 35, ability= guts, impish nature, Hp 95
silentkill {arbok} lvl 28, ability= shed skin, gentle nature, Hp 71
{gyarados} lvl 28, ability= intimidate, hardy nature, Hp 91
furryfists {mankey} lvl 24, ability= vital spirit, quirky nature Hp 55

Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I decided my team was ready to face Whitney. Cpt. Happy evolved into Quagsire and I needed him as the rollout wall against miltank. I started off with Screech against Whitney's Clefairy. He started off by critical wing attacking Clefairy to red hp and unfortunately Screech became attracted, on top of that Whitney felt it was necessary to use a super potion; FFFFUUUU-. I tried to get lucky via another wing attack but it failed and then clefairy got 5 critical hit doubleslaps in (apparently that clefairy had super luck as another ability) and left Screech with 1 HP. I switched to Static and he started doing work, paralyzing Clefairy and then putting it away with a critical hit tackle. Miltank came out and I decided to paralyze it inorder to trip the lum berry (incase I had to use Flare) and then did it again after taking a stomp from Miltank. Static used cotton spore to slow down Miltank even further and then I switched to Cpt. Happy. Cpt. Happy started off with a water gun, miltank's stomp hit, Cpt. Happy countered with Mud Bomb and lowered Miltank's accuracy. Miltank used Milk drink and recovered to about 75% HP, and then Cpt. Happy used Headbutt for a critical hit and a flinch and then he got attracted to Miltank. I decided to use Mud Bomb as a last shot and thankfully it hit for critical to put the match away. Now to head up to Ecruteak City...
moves
-------------------------------
Screech {zubat} -Lv. 20
Ab: Inner Focus
49/28/20/18/28/34

Wing Attack | Bite | Supersonic | Astonish

Static {flaaffy} -Lv.20
Ab: Static
63/32/27/39/32/24

Thundershock | Thunderwave | Cotton Spore | Tackle

Cpt.Happy {quagsire} Lv. 20
Ab: Water Absorb
71/41/41/40/29/26

Water Gun | Headbutt | Slam | Mud Bomb

Flare {quilava} Lv. 22
Ab: Blaze
58/34/40/44/37/45

Flame Wheel | Ember | smokescreen | Quick Attack

current party in HG:

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

B-Mac wrote:
Well, I decided my team was ready to face Whitney. Cpt. Happy evolved into Quagsire and I needed him as the rollout wall against miltank. I started off with Screech against Whitney's Clefairy. He started off by critical wing attacking Clefairy to red hp and unfortunately Screech became attracted, on top of that Whitney felt it was necessary to use a super potion; FFFFUUUU-. I tried to get lucky via another wing attack but it failed and then clefairy got 5 critical hit doubleslaps in (apparently that clefairy had super luck as another ability) and left Screech with 1 HP. I switched to Static and he started doing work, paralyzing Clefairy and then putting it away with a critical hit tackle. Miltank came out and I decided to paralyze it inorder to trip the lum berry (incase I had to use Flare) and then did it again after taking a stomp from Miltank. Static used cotton spore to slow down Miltank even further and then I switched to Cpt. Happy. Cpt. Happy started off with a water gun, miltank's stomp hit, Cpt. Happy countered with Mud Bomb and lowered Miltank's accuracy. Miltank used Milk drink and recovered to about 75% HP, and then Cpt. Happy used Headbutt for a critical hit and a flinch and then he got attracted to Miltank. I decided to use Mud Bomb as a last shot and thankfully it hit for critical to put the match away. Now to head up to Ecruteak City...

Or it could be that your game just had it out for you. o.O I mean, seriously, that's a lot of critical hits, on both sides.

B-Mac wrote:
moves
-------------------------------

I like how you adopted the format in your own way. Looks good and organized, especially with the setup you have for your stats. Though, if I may, perhaps you could highlight certain stats to represent natures? I've noticed they've adapted this a bit in the HGSS series.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'll update that in the next post. Half of what I did in the udate was ripped-off of yours anyway, lol.

Addition 1: Nine critical hits is a lot for a gym match, even with no pokes knowing any high-ch ratio moves or anyone having super luck.

Addition 2: It took me about thirty minutes to do Flare and Cpt. Happy on my droid2, and my phone went on the fritz on top of that (The screen went crazy basically).

current party in HG:

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:27 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alright, this update is coming from my progress inbetween goldenrod and ecruteak. While on my way to the national park I decided to headbutt a tree and I got into a battle with an exeggcute (JACKPOT!) @ lv. 11. Happily I was able to catch it and now claimed ownership to my first exeggcute in my pokemon career (10 years, btw). His name is bluumen and I managed to raise him to lvl. 17 before he got stomped by a stantler. I managed to keep him into ecruteak and I also caught a sudowoodo (lv. 20 and named camonen). Having a full party I decided to run back to goldenrod to pick up that free eevee bill would be nice enough to give me and that's when I lost bluumen. I currently have a party of six with eevee replacing bluumen. All my pokes are lv. 20-24 with the exclusion of eevee.

current party in HG:

Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

[color=olive]Wow. o.o I didn't know Bill gives you an Eevee in HGSS as well. (First play through the game, mind you and I don't like looking up walkthroughs) I'll have to run back to Goldenrod and grab it. I need to get more apricots for my Pok

Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have beaten the boulderbadge gym and recieved my badge.
My current pokemon are,

Blue?/Wartortle (Lv.18)Met in PALLET TOWN at Lv.5
Scratch?/Mankey(Lv.8)Met in ROUTE 3 at Lv.7
IN BOX DEAD
Caterpie Lv.8(sad poison from weedle)
Pidgey Lv. 4 (critical hit)
Trainer Card
Nume ?
[color=black] Money 6100

That is my current team, punk.

{umbreon} {gardevoir} {dusknoir} {lopunny} {luxray} {drapion}

Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 27  Next