It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 New Inspiration 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So most all Pokemon, as far as I'm aware, are supposedly inspired or based off of either some animal/legend/mythical creature right?

Most all Pokemon anyways...

So my question to you is...

What hasn't been done, that is present in the real world, whether a myth, or real animal?

I'll start off with a few that I think would be particularly cool to be based off of (p.s. sorry if I forget about a Pokemon that is already based off of this creature! Don't yell at me ;) just be helpful and remind us all of that pokemon)

OK so how about:

-Porcupine
-Kangaroo
-Jellyfish
-Lemur
-Ram
-Basilisk
-Sphinx
-Banshee
-Genie
-Squid
-Zombie anyone?

Mon May 10, 2010 8:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

well i thought {kangaskhan} was kind of a kangaroo but i could be wrong

Tue May 11, 2010 4:36 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Sandslash = porcupine
Tentacool = jellyfish

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue May 11, 2010 4:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ehh I was thinking {kangaskan}, although a marsupial like a kangaroo, is too "big" or something.. i don't know, I want something that jumps!

Yeah good point about sandslash and tentacool, but maybe tentacool is more of a squid/octopus? Idk

Tue May 11, 2010 7:22 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sandslash is actually based more on the pangolin, an animal from africa and asia that is basically an anteater with hard plates all over its body, it rolls up into a ball and its plates stand up on edge like knives. The asian variety climb trees and have prehensile tails, while the african kind are ground dwellers and dig burrows. Sandslash is based on the latter.

Dunsparce may be loosely based on the basilisk, since its reffered to as a land SNAKE pokemon and learns moves like glare and can be tutored thunderwave, paralysis(or more specifically, petrification) was the signature ability of the basilisk.

Octillery is an octopus which i guess is pretty close to a squid.

Tue May 11, 2010 11:36 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

squid and octupi are completely different and Misdreavus sort of = Banshee and Ekans = Basilisk. WHat they need, and I've been wanting it for a while is an Orochi Pokemon. I just want it to exist.

Wed May 19, 2010 7:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ohh an orochi pokemon would be sweet.

possible ability for it would be that regular hits do 1/2X damage, while critical hits do 4X damage. (this idea coming from the whole "you got to chop off its dadgum head or its only gonna get worse!")

Thu May 20, 2010 5:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ajit wrote:
ohh an orochi pokemon would be sweet.

possible ability for it would be that regular hits do 1/2X damage, while critical hits do 4X damage. (this idea coming from the whole "you got to chop off its dadgum head or its only gonna get worse!")

I would think the ability for an Orochi Pokemon would be having every single move do 8x damage. But that would be super-duper cheap. Because he's got eight heads. I think it would be Dark and Poison. And probably learn most of the moves that the snake Pokemon that already exist know. I'd be sure it could learn all the Fangs. But I don't know what ability it would have... I guess shed Skin would make sense for him as well, but, I dunno, I want something that relates to the eight heads.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]